Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which scenario would you prefer?
Reality- Matt Schaub and Mario Williams 67 82.72%
Fantasy- Vince Young and 2 second rounders 14 17.28%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007   #21
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What could have been...

Your poll is crap.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #22
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a superstitious guy so Schaub and Williams over a guy who will miss most of the season for the Madden cover.

Was it worth it VY????
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 193947 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Whats the big deal? The funniest thing in the world to me is that people who don't like the thread are the only ones who have even posted. Guess how you let a thread go? You don't post in it. Then it fades away. By posting you bring it to attention

I have no problem with the poll. And you shouldn't either. Its a simple thing to read the thread and move on

First, you have no business telling us that we shouldn't have any problem with the poll. No more than I should try and tell you that you should.

Second, America still thinks we have an obsession with having passed on VY. To wit...

I guess Tank's right, some of us still do.

Its just that some of us would like to move along into the future and not speculate on what might have been. There's no way to know what would have happened if we'd drafted VY. He could have broken his leg, a la Charles Spencer in training camp, and like Spencer, been still on the PUP list.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We've beat Peyton Manning(albeit only once in 6 attempts)...
Actually it was once in 10 attempts...but who's counting?
Old 08-28-2007   #25
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I give up. I swear if I see one more poll like this or one more F'n ykw thread I might just ........

Old 08-28-2007   #26
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I give up. I swear if I see one more poll like this or one more F'n ykw thread I might just ........

give it a rest.

the post is already up and there is nothing to do with it but entertain ourselves with it.

drop it alright.
Old 08-28-2007   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Great another thread where people can re-argue about whether or not they want to re-argue about the draft some more. Whoo-hoo.
Old 08-28-2007   #28
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

banned
Old 08-28-2007   #29
real

Old 08-28-2007   #30
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

What if nobody invented the internet? We wouldn't be having this conversation then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #31
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

In the end the Pyramids will have nothing on how long this lasts.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #32
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
What if nobody invented the internet? We wouldn't be having this conversation then...
Well, thankfully Al Gore DID (invent the internet)!!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #33
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 08-28-2007   #34
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
give it a rest.

the post is already up and there is nothing to do with it but entertain ourselves with it.

drop it alright.
I was being sarcastic. In fact I have not read many of the post.
Old 08-28-2007   #35
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
MOLE MUTANT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Crap... I regret opening this thread.....
Old 08-28-2007   #37
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is time to quit with the what ifs and deal with the here and now.

VY is NOT a Texan, RB is NOT a Texan.

Mario and Matt ARE Texans.

We should show our support for them and leave all this what ifs to the Titan or Saints board or at least the NFL forum.

Last edited by Grams; 08-28-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Grams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #38
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, when I started this thread I imagined overwhelming support for Matt and Mario. I agree wholeheartedly that we are better off without vince and I had absolutly no intention of setting off this chain of OMG . I just thought to myself, "looks like it turned out to be a blessing in disguise" when I watched Matt and Mario on Saturday, and I wanted to see how many others agreed. I'm sorry that I touched on a subject that we all had finally put to rest. This was not my intention and we can all just leave the thread and idea alone forever.

GO TEXANS

Last edited by Allstar; 08-28-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #39
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
Okay guys, I know it's still a little premature for this question, but as of right now would you rather have VY and two second round picks, or Matt Schaub along with Mario? I know we'll never know who would come of those two picks, but with our apparant success with mostly anything beyond the first round in the last two years, I'd say we'd get at least one good player out of it. Do you guys remember who was left in the second round when Atlanta picked for us this year? Just assume we picked who you would have taken with that pick and vote.
Here's my take:

Taking Vince Young probably alters the entire NFL. Thus, we would not have drafted Jacoby Jones because drafting Vince Young means that we probably take a higher-profile WR in this year's draft. Heck, we might have taken Ted Ginn Jr. instead of Amobi, choosing to draft d line in the second round.

See what I mean? Your attempt to play "what if?" gets real complicated because it's sort of like taking a time machine back to 1962 to stop JFK from getting shot. Then what happens to the rest of history? It's radically altered because an "alive JFK" alters what happens.

I know this might seem laughable to 99% of you, but I really do believe that we cannot know for sure what happens if VY or RB plays here. Maybe they would have stunk it up here? You just don't know.

So.....your "what if?" games are rendered useless.

Thanks you for wasting our time.
Old 08-28-2007   #40
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
You know, when I started this thread I imagined overwhelming support for Matt and Mario. I agree wholeheartedly that we are better off without vince and I had absolutly no intention of setting off this chain of OMG . I just thought to myself, "looks like it turned out to be a blessing in disguise" when I watched Matt and Mario on Saturday, and I wanted to see how many others agreed. I'm sorry that I touched on a subject that we all had finally put to rest. This was not my intention and we can all just leave the thread and idea alone forever.

GO TEXANS
No big deal.

It is an old topic but I see what you were getting at.

go Houston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read