Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gary Kubiak Show on 610 AM at 5:00 PM

I ain't calling in this time. Someone else is going to have to step up.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #2
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gary Kubiak Show on 610 AM at 5:00 PM

I got ya. What should I ask about?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the heads-up.

One good question I'd ask is if him and Rick are looking for any paticular position on the waiver wires this week. Are they looking for a trade?
Old 08-27-2007   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Ask him if he thought the fans were making too much noise while the Texans offense was out on the field. He mentioned it a little bit during his press conference yesterday. I'd like to hear him talk more about it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #5
real

Patrick Pass out...
Old 08-27-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ask him if he thought the fans were making too much noise while the Texans offense was out on the field. He mentioned it a little bit during his press conference yesterday. I'd like to hear him talk more about it.
Funny you mention that...

When we were on "D", I was inciting cowgurls fans to scream and yell, and make noise........

They did. I D I O T S !!!
Old 08-27-2007   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak at one time we could keep 6, or maybe even 7 WRs..............He just said that we may keep 5.......maybe 6 WRs. Keeping only 5 will make 3 wideout sets more difficult to rely on, especially if any injuries occur.

If they limit the WRs to 5, we may be keeping an extra TE.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2007   #8
real

Please no more suggestions of Mario moving to DT and moving Okoye to DE....
Old 08-27-2007   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if it's still going on, but ask him if he plans to leave Mario on the left side where he has obviously had his greatest success at every level.

Ask him why a below average SS (C.C. Brown) has been our starter at FS for 2 years, while we have done little to nothing to upgrade that position which is almost as pivitol to a defense as a MLB.

Those should be good questions. Post what he says if you get through. I have to go to my last class.
Old 08-27-2007   #10
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I don't know if it's still going on, but ask him if he plans to leave Mario on the left side where he has obviously had his greatest success at every level.

Ask him why a below average SS (C.C. Brown) has been our starter at FS for 2 years, while we have done little to nothing to upgrade that position which is almost as pivitol to a defense as a MLB.

Those should be good questions. Post what he says if you get through. I have to go to my last class.
The safety positions have been an issue for several years now.

But, due to timing and shoring up other spots on the roster first, those positions haven't been addressed yet.

If the Texans offense has results in the 2007 regular season like it did against Dallas last Saturday night, the safety positions will get immediately priority in the next offseason.

After watching the Dallas game, I think patience is the key right now.

Things seem to be headed in the right direction.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #11
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Patrick Pass out...
Interesting that he said cutting Pass was his own fault rather than anything Pass did or did not do. He said Pass is "a bit of a tweener" who can play tailback and fullback. He said if he had it to do over again he would have worked him more in the rotation at running back, and thinks that practicing him so much at fullback limited his ability to shine, and by the time they realized it he was just too far behind in learning the schemes. Also stated that he told Pass that this may not be the last time they speak with him.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read