Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2007   #1
real

Default Trade talk continues

Quote:
Chiefs notes
TRADE TALKS CONTINUE: Speculation continues that the Chiefs are attempting to trade backup safety Greg Wesley, possibly to Houston. Wesley, who performed well in Thursdays game, said he hadnt heard any new news on his status.

Wesley has been unhappy since losing his starting job.
Im confident in my ability, Wesley said. I know what I can do and what I can bring to a team. Whatever happens, happens. Im preparing myself for whatever. Im in shape. I feel good and Im ready to play, but right now Im as blind as anyone to the situation.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...246903-p2.html
Old 08-27-2007   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default Re: Trade talk continues

I really want this to happen, especially with Earl out and us being incredibly thin at safety to begin with. I know he's not a great cover safety, but he's definitely an upgrade over what we have curently (Brown's bad angles are killing me and Simmons is more of an in the box safety). My only concern is what the cost is for him. I wouldn't mind giving up a 5th for him, but I wouldn't feel too confortable giving up anything more than that.

Last edited by LORK 88; 08-27-2007 at 04:01 PM.
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

A trade to Houston might be uncomfortable for them given that they play Week 1.

The Patriots are notorious for signing players just to get info on opposing teams. To help the Texans at a really thin position might be a little rough on them.
Old 08-27-2007   #4
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be great to have him on our team, but Simmons hasn't done all that bad filling in for Earl.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I think we should trade them Jordan Black for Wesley, lol.
Old 08-27-2007   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anybody remember to watch the KC-NO game over the weekend? Could Weasley really have played that well, seeing NO went for something near 480 total yards?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #7
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
A trade to Houston might be uncomfortable for them given that they play Week 1.
Then maybe a trade after opening day?
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2007   #8
real

The guy has been in the leauge 7 years and has 29 career INT's. Has gone over the 100 tkl plateau. Has forced a fumble in every season except one.

Plus he's fairly Young at 28.

The only question I have is....Strong or Free ?

Anyone know which one he plays and how good is he ?
Old 08-27-2007   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
The guy has been in the leauge 7 years and has 29 career INT's. Has gone over the 100 tkl plateau. Has forced a fumble in every season except one.

Plus he's fairly Young at 28.

And on the other hand you have Chief's fans saying he does nothing but get burned. So do we go with the numbers or the reports from the fans?
Old 08-27-2007   #10
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
And on the other hand you have Chief's fans saying he does nothing but get burned. So do we go with the numbers or the reports from the fans?
I'll go with neither and try and find a clip of him for myself.

It's not like fans haven't called out guys that have gone elsewhere and had success.

Jabar Gaffney...
Old 08-27-2007   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's played both. He was the SS before moving to FS when Sammy Knight was signed a couple of years a couple of years ago.
Old 08-27-2007   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Spent his first five years at strong and then started the last two at free.
Old 08-27-2007   #13
AZwhoopr
Rookie

Wesley would be an upgrade to what we have right now no doubt. But if he were to come here his heart better be with Houston rather than KC come game 1 of the season!
Old 08-27-2007   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZwhoopr View Post
Wesley would be an upgrade to what we have right now no doubt. But if he were to come here his heart better be with Houston rather than KC come game 1 of the season!
There will be resentment against KC for the benching and trade. He'd come to play.
Old 08-27-2007   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we sign the guy just so C.C. Brown doesn't have to start for us.
Old 08-27-2007   #16
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring him in to chalenge both of the safetys and see which one is weaker.

A teams only as strong as it's weakest link.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
Bring him in to chalenge both of the safetys and see which one is weaker.

A teams only as strong as it's weakest link.
I like your thinking.

3/4 of the secondary could use an upgrade at this point. In my view it is the teams only significant weakness.
Old 08-28-2007   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Any news?
Old 08-28-2007   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Any news?
I haven't heard anything, but I would say the Chiefs wouldn't make a trade until after we play them.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I haven't heard anything, but I would say the Chiefs wouldn't make a trade until after we play them.
I don't know. Firstly if the Chief's trade him after week one I don't think the Texans offer as much. Also the Chiefs may want to trade him before the final cuts to free up a roster spot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read