Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2007   #1
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default More Dallas Morning News...

"Talk all the trash you want, Texans fans

Let me welcome the fine folks of Houston to this here blog. I strongly encourage you to talk a whole bunch of trash. I mean, golly, why shouldn't you go wild over a preseason win?

Houston native Aaron Glenn claimed he didn't even know the Governor's Cup existed, but I'm pretty sure he was trying to hide his hurt feelings. DeSoto's Patrick Crayton claimed the Texans approached this like it was a playoff game, but he acknowledged that the Texans earned bragging rights.

Crayton also pleaded with the commish to make Dallas-Houston an annual regular-season rivalry.

"Mr. Goodell, please set that up," Crayton said.

I'm about to leave the Reliant Stadium press box and must admit I fear for my safety. Rowdy Texans fans might be rioting in the parking lot."

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...xans_fans.html
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #2
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

Default Re: More Dallas Morning News...

The Houston football fan base is big and dedicated to say the least. Despite never having a winning season the Texans manage to sell more season tickets than Dallas, or most of the other NFL franchises. Jerry Jones' worst nightmare is loss of the Houston market due to a suddenly successful franchise there.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

If you have met one Cowboy fan, you have met all Cowboy fans.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

They are talking a lot of smack for people that claim this didnt mean anything..
Old 08-27-2007   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 28871 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

my dad is a cowboys fan........i called him after we won and went Ha Ha!
Old 08-27-2007   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

For something that didn't mean much they are sure crying a lot. They also act like we were the ones talking such big smack before the game after wins over the colts and broncos in preseason and talking about how they look superbowl ready.

I don't think Kubiak and co approached this like some playoff game like they seem to insist. It was approached like most staffs do the third game of the preseason. The boys just got flat out played and outcoached. Admit it, it's preseason, and move on for both sides. Both teams have things they need to work on.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #7
real

I think our team is capable of raising the intensity a couple notches past what we saw Saturday...
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

My reply to the blog:

Quote:
Typical Crygurl fans... If y'all had won the game, we would be reading how great y'all looked. When y'all lost we ALREADY knew you would have the typical stock cowgurl CYA's lined up..
1. It was a play-off game for the Texans
2. It was a pre-season game....
wah, wah, wah.....

It was hillarious watching the Crygurl bandwaggoners run with their tails between their legs, after talking so much smack... LMFAO...

At the end of the day, we all knew it was a pre-season game too. Bottom line, our starters out performed your starters... No more, no less.

Makes ya realize that the Nancy Football Conference isn't so tough...

Posted by: Texan_Bill | August 27, 2007 01:06 PM
Old 08-27-2007   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't help but point out the irony in the fact that Dallas was criticized by Denver last week for blitzing in a preseason game, and are now complaining about us preparing for and exploiting that blitzing.

If Dallas wants to go balls to the wall in the preseason, they need to accept it when someone gameplans for it.

And, FTR, the Steeler crowd at the game last night was just as, if not more, lively as we were Saturday night. That is common for passionate fans so far as I have seen and has nothing to do with why the Dallas media is upset, despite their desperate claims as such.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Typical reaction from those who choose to twinkle with the STAR, rather than ROAR with the BULL!!!!!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #11
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, my wife is a Cowboys fan and has been a Cowboys fan since she was little. BUT, her second favorite team is the Texans. She goes with me to every game, wears her Texans gear, and knows all of the players and roots for all of them.

Now, with that being said, I HATE Dallas boys/mavs/rangers fans to the fullest; BUT, there are some Cowboys fans that would love to see our team succeed.

Or maybe I just found the best apple out of a bunch of bad ones.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #12
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I left a little something they can mill over

Quote:
Seems you Boys have a hard time getting a win in Reliant. lets go over the results since the first time yall played in H-Town. 19-10, 18-0, and finally 28-16. Maybe you should bring your horses when you come down here, or I know it was the humidity was it not, It certianly could not be Dave Campo, and Wade is a NUBE so lets lay off of him, I got it it was that Corners fault, your back up corner could not contain a Rookie, nor could your punting team, First String Punting team. You can brag all you want about your prehistoric Jewelry but you cannot win in Houston that is a fact.
Old 08-27-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
You know, my wife is a Cowboys fan and has been a Cowboys fan since she was little. BUT, her second favorite team is the Texans. She goes with me to every game, wears her Texans gear, and knows all of the players and roots for all of them.

Now, with that being said, I HATE Dallas boys/mavs/rangers fans to the fullest; BUT, there are some Cowboys fans that would love to see our team succeed.

I just found the best apple out of a bunch of bad ones.
I fixed it for you Shaft...
Old 08-27-2007   #14
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, wait. They say the Texans treated it like a playoff game? I seem to remember the Cowgirls leaving their starters in longer than the Texans did. Hypocrites.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #15
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

I swear, all cowboy fans are alike. Before the game, the cowboy fans were talking all kinds smack, but after the game, "Oh it was just preseason, you act like you won the Super Bowl!". Now this is after they called it the "Test of who is the real team in Texas" before the game.

cowboys took the game seriously, the Texans did as well. Texans came out on top and now dallasites have to try to minimize the win to make themselves feel good. Typcial.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #16
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

Or maybe I just found the best apple out of a bunch of bad ones.
You should have said - I found the ONLY good apple out of a bunch of bad ones.
Old 08-27-2007   #17
whiskeyrbl

They actually posted mine.

Man ,o, man for fans that say a preseason game doesn't count why the fuss. Is it because all week your coach had been saying that Dallas was playing this preseason as if it were the regular season? Or is it because all week Dallas fans were talking about this being an easy win and the Texans suck, only to have your crow served to you at 10:00 p.m. Houston time. Face it we know Dallas is a good team this year(not 5 rings good or 6 before you say it). I hope the whole NFL keeps you're idea of what our team is now. That will mean a couple of unexpected wins for us. Don't be surprised if you see us at 10-6 come Jan.

Posted by: Ron Turner | August 26, 2007 04:45 PM
Old 08-27-2007   #18
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There sure where a lot of Cowboy lockers in the parking lot
Old 08-27-2007   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

BDLS how do you explain the '92 Cowboys stinking it up in the preseason then winning the Super Bowl, putting 6 players in the Pro Bowl, cranking out one rushing champion, and setting the club record for wins in a season?

And why on God's green Earth would the Cowboys get up to play that team in August?

Here's the difference: We're actually competing for the division. To beat the Texans is no reason to give our rivals film of our system (the teams we play twice a year!). You guys will suck again so it doesn't matter.

Enjoy your PRE season win and keep that ugly cup.
my favorite one so far as I read down

I am like most.. if you are going to talk smack before the game, fine, but don't crawdad your way out of it after the results...

and about Aaron Glenn not knowing their was a governor's cup? I find that hard to believe.. that thing has been going on since the oiler -cowboy days (when the cup isn't "lost" somewhere) and Glenn knew about that when the days he played with the Texans

*edit* and it wasn't as if Aaron didn't grow up in Texas and play ball in Texas

Last edited by Wolf; 08-27-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #20
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
"Talk all the trash you want, Texans fans

Let me welcome the fine folks of Houston to this here blog. I strongly encourage you to talk a whole bunch of trash. I mean, golly, why shouldn't you go wild over a preseason win?

Houston native Aaron Glenn claimed he didn't even know the Governor's Cup existed, but I'm pretty sure he was trying to hide his hurt feelings. DeSoto's Patrick Crayton claimed the Texans approached this like it was a playoff game, but he acknowledged that the Texans earned bragging rights.

Crayton also pleaded with the commish to make Dallas-Houston an annual regular-season rivalry.

"Mr. Goodell, please set that up," Crayton said.

I'm about to leave the Reliant Stadium press box and must admit I fear for my safety. Rowdy Texans fans might be rioting in the parking lot."

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...xans_fans.html
thats because he didnt see one of those sat. now if you asked what an a$$ whoopin is he could tell you, cause he received one of those sat night from aj and the rest of the texans.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read