Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-26-2007   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones' fantasy value

I'm thinking about dumping Eddie Kennison. The Chiefs' offense is suspect. Not to mention that he probably won't be WR1 for very long. Even if he is, their vertical passing game is a cause for concern.

I think that Jones could be a good reserve WR because of what he can do after he makes the catch. He could be a good Flex WR/RB because it looks like they might work him into some trick plays. I think that he'll put up better numbers than Kevin Walter even if Walter gets the starts.

I've got until tomorrow night to pull the trigger, but I'm trying to not look at my roster through steel blue glasses. But he's making it hard.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones' fantasy value

Does your league count returns? If so, he is a definate go.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

They only count 6 pts. for return TD's. Still a consideration.
Old 08-26-2007   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I have him on my team, especially after last night's performance. Him, Daniels, and AJ are the only Texans I have on my squad.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
They only count 6 pts. for return TD's. Still a consideration.
I would say go for it. He will score more than Kennison, and probably get just a hundred or so less yards.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #6
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'm thinking about dumping Eddie Kennison. The Chiefs' offense is suspect. Not to mention that he probably won't be WR1 for very long. Even if he is, their vertical passing game is a cause for concern.

I think that Jones could be a good reserve WR because of what he can do after he makes the catch. He could be a good Flex WR/RB because it looks like they might work him into some trick plays. I think that he'll put up better numbers than Kevin Walter even if Walter gets the starts.

I've got until tomorrow night to pull the trigger, but I'm trying to not look at my roster through steel blue glasses. But he's making it hard.
Believe it or not I dropped Kennison for Jones last night in my league.

Probably more of a homer-ish move than anything, that and the Chiefs will be awful and there wasn't anyone else with the upside of Jones around.
Old 08-27-2007   #7
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

yeah, I was in the middle of my draft the other night. He scored his second TD right around the 10th rd. I jumped on him as soon as it was my pick!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2007   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

I made the move this morning. Kennison's out...Jacoby's in.
Old 08-27-2007   #9
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i took him in the 9th in my keeper league. going to be very interested in watching him progress.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read