Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2007   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade Rosenfels to Atlanta

Maybe we should see if we can trade Rosenfels to Atlanta and clean up in next years draft. Maybe we could get next years #2 back and a player. I wouldn't mind seeing DeAngelo Hall in a Texans uniform. I know good backup QB's( especially one of Sage's caliber) are hard to find, but I think it's worth exploring. The Falcons have to HATE having Harrington as the starter.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Trade Rosenfels to Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Maybe we should see if we can trade Rosenfels to Atlanta and clean up in next years draft. Maybe we could get next years #2 back and a player. I wouldn't mind seeing DeAngelo Hall in a Texans uniform. I know good backup QB's( especially one of Sage's caliber) are hard to find, but I think it's worth exploring. The Falcons have to HATE having Harrington as the starter.

lova ya doc but Sage for Hall? lmfao.....how about we trade Gado for Tomlinson while we are at it
Old 08-26-2007   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'm waiting for someone to post that 610 radio ad. here's to you mr. preposterous trade suggester guy.
Old 08-26-2007   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
lova ya doc but Sage for Hall? lmfao.....how about we trade Gado for Tomlinson while we are at it
I hear what you're saying, but Harrington at QB??? That's just as funny. I'm looking at this as a "need" for Atlanta and we would have them over the barrel, so to speak. Or would that be over the kennel? The Falcons have tape of our guy lighting it up and their guy stinking it up. I bet the phone lines are burning up Tuesday morning... And the Hall thing is just wishful thinking. It would be great though, wouldn't it???
Old 08-26-2007   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageFerguson View Post
i'm waiting for someone to post that 610 radio ad. here's to you mr. preposterous trade suggester guy.
They could make a Budwieser commercial ought of that one!!!
Old 08-26-2007   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Aside from the ridiculousness of the Falcons trading away DeAngelo Hall - what exactly do we do for a backup without Sage Rosenfels? It's a big advantage for any team that has backup as capable as Sage has shown to be. We'd be one hit away from having Jared Zbransky as our starter. Come on!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

No way we let Sage go.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No way we let Sage go.
yup. it'd be foolish.
Old 08-26-2007   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No way we let Sage go.
I don't think we will, either AND I'm not a big fan of it. I was just entertaining a notion and figured I'd see what you guys thought of it.
Old 08-26-2007   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I don't think we will, either AND I'm not a big fan of it. I was just entertaining a notion and figured I'd see what you guys thought of it.

<insert cricket noises here>
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
<insert cricket noises here>
That hurt. Damned funny, but it hurt.
Old 08-26-2007   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Falcons will play the year out with what they have, deeming Harrinton as an "interm" starter so to speak. They are probally banking on not being very good since Harrington has never had any real success, nor does ATL have much of a passing offense to start with. Peterino is looking for Bohm next year early would be my first guess, with Andre Woodson being my sleeper QB for the Falcons if they win an extra game or two.
Old 08-26-2007   #13
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage>Hall

Signed,

Mr. Preposterous Homer Guy
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #14
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No way we let Sage go.
Exactly!
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I think the Falcons will play the year out with what they have, deeming Harrinton as an "interm" starter so to speak. They are probally banking on not being very good since Harrington has never had any real success, nor does ATL have much of a passing offense to start with. Peterino is looking for Bohm next year early would be my first guess, with Andre Woodson being my sleeper QB for the Falcons if they win an extra game or two.
This is what I'm thinking also. They go 2-14 or soemthing Arthur Blank goes from the out house to the penthouse in two seasons if thay land Darrin McFaddin. They've got plenty of draft ammo. If they get in range, they can pull what San Deigo pulled a couple of drafts ago. Get the Rb come back and snatch a QB at the top of the second with one of their two twoes. The guys you gotta feel for on the falcons are the veterans who made a commitment to the team and now they are stuck on the back of the garbage truck.

Don' t think the Rosenfeld's idea is very prudent. However, if we're loaded at TE and we ain't using a top flight one very much, might be a way to get a day one pick for Putzier. Not advocating it just saying. Say someone with a top flight TE dinged this summer. Maybe with a young tender QB who needs a presence at TE ? Also the tweener 3-4 guys noticed there are some dinged up guys out there. If we are going to cut them anyway....try to garner picks for '08.

The other problen is time. Everyone knows there will be some tasty bits coming over the waiver wire. It's the ultimate game of chicken. And the vultures are perched on the tree limb just waiting for the bits to come down the wire.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 08-27-2007 at 12:22 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #16
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Given this still probably isn't a playoff year (I do think we're gonna win more games than I thought in thought pre-preseason though) I would make that deal in a minute. Any time you have a chance to get not just a starter but a borderline star like hall for a guy you hope doesn't see field, you do it.

That said there is no way Atlanta does that deal. I'd imagine they're on the phone to Miami right now. Plummer might be able to be talked into playing for atlanta. While he's not Vick, he's mobile and can run the w/c offense. And what could Miami possibly want for a guy who might not play for them anyway?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Giving up Sage is a horrible idea. Any team in a position to have someone good step in at QB if the starter goes down should not give up that advantage. We are actually in a better position than a lot of NFL teams in that our backup QB could start and win.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
This is what I'm thinking also. They go 2-14 or soemthing Arthur Blank goes from the out house to the penthouse in two seasons if thay land Darrin McFaddin. They've got plenty of draft ammo. If they get in range, they can pull what San Deigo pulled a couple of drafts ago. Get the Rb come back and snatch a QB at the top of the second with one of their two twoes. The guys you gotta feel for on the falcons are the veterans who made a commitment to the team and now they are stuck on the back of the garbage truck.

Don' t think the Rosenfeld's idea is very prudent. However, if we're loaded at TE and we ain't using a top flight one very much, might be a way to get a day one pick for Putzier. Not advocating it just saying. Say someone with a top flight TE dinged this summer. Maybe with a young tender QB who needs a presence at TE ? Also the tweener 3-4 guys noticed there are some dinged up guys out there. If we are going to cut them anyway....try to garner picks for '08.

The other problen is time. Everyone knows there will be some tasty bits coming over the waiver wire. It's the ultimate game of chicken. And the vultures are perched on the tree limb just waiting for the bits to come down the wire.
If they go 2-14, they are going to take Brian Brohm. They aren't going to take Darren McFadden. This draft is loaded with running backs and they would be able to get a good one with one of their 2nds. Petrino is not going to pass on Brian Brohm, I can assure you of that.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, this is Harrington's last chance. He's now on a team that has decent personel in which he can perform with. If he doesn't step up, it's career backup for him if not out of the league.
Old 08-27-2007   #20
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
IMO, this is Harrington's last chance. He's now on a team that has decent personel in which he can perform with. If he doesn't step up, it's career backup for him if not out of the league.
Do you mean to say that Jason Snelling, Laurent Robinson, Roddy White and Adam Jennings are better personnel for a QB to play with than Kevin Jones, Charles Rodgers, Roy Williams and Mike Williams were? Harrington had the envy of the league in talent around him in Detroit, at least in my humble opinion.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read