Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-27-2007   #41
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default hi

Sept 9 12:00 p.m. Titans at Jags , KEYE SUX!
Old 08-27-2007   #42
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KEYE in Austin ALREADY messing with Texan fans

Just got a response... another form letter of course:

Thanks for writing to KEYE; we appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Needless to say, the controversy over KEYE airing the Texans or the Titans is already running at full throttle. This year, like last year, KEYE officially chooses its game assignments 12 days out from the date of the game. Again like last year, we will make those decisions as we go through the season.

Figuring into each decision is the idea that KEYE should attempt to provide the sports programming that the largest number of people in Austin want to see, and at the same time, we would like to offer programming that supports our in-state sports franchises. Like last year, those two goals are often at odds with each other.

One thing we can be sure of is that our decisions either way will unfortunately disappoint a portion of the sports fans in Austin , and we will never please everyone.

Looking at the number of people who chose to watch the various games we aired last year, a couple of trends become apparent. The most obvious is that the Titans games were viewed (chosen) by Austin football fans in far greater numbers than the Texans games.

The common Texans game last year was chosen for viewing by 33,731 households of the 602,340 households in the metro area. That is 61% less than the number of households watching the common Titans game. In truth, the least-watched game on KEYE all season was when the Texans played the Dolphins on Oct 1st. In that game just 15,000 households tuned in. The second least-watched game of the season was also a Texans game with just 23,000 watching.

On the other hand, the least watched Titans game was a throw away on New Years Eve and was watched by almost 36,000 households. On average, Titans games on KEYE last year were viewed by over 56,000 households, with a high over 72,000.

Clearly, our wish to support Texas sports franchises is out of line with our desire to please the largest number of local sports fans we can. Our response to this will be as it was last year – that is, to fairly cover both teams as best as we can. We will make our game choices as we go through the season and will publish our choices in the available programming guides.

Again, thanks for writing to KEYE, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Gary Vinson
Programming / Research Director
10700 Metric Blvd
Austin Texas 78758gavinson@keyetv.com

F U KEYE!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #43
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't go off of last year. This is a new year and a new team. The Texans WILL be better than the Titans this season, MARK my words. Of course all the bandwagoneers will be back off the Titans and to the Texans once this happens.

Let's all pray for the Madden curse to continue (to affect performance not personal injury of course).
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody made a suggestion about hitting the advertising companies that are on KEYE.. Is there any Houston based advertiser on KEYE. If so, they would be the ones that I contact first....
Old 08-27-2007   #45
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You can't go off of last year. This is a new year and a new team. The Texans WILL be better than the Titans this season, MARK my words. Of course all the bandwagoneers will be back off the Titans and to the Texans once this happens.

Let's all pray for the Madden curse to continue (to affect performance not personal injury of course).
Hell yeah!
Old 08-27-2007   #46
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In truth, the least-watched game on KEYE all season was when the Texans played the Dolphins on Oct 1st. In that game just 15,000 households tuned in. The second least-watched game of the season was also a Texans game with just 23,000 watching.
How the hell do they know how many people are watching? No one called or asked me what I was watching. I don't have one of those boxes either.

BTW, how were their ratings Saturday night as the Texans kicked the **** out of the Cowboys? Maybe they should have switched their programming at halftime because you know all the tard Cowboys fans were turning the channel at that point.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #47
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

No one has ever asked me what I watch, I would like to call those numbers out that is just flat out bull crap. That is really pissing me off.

Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2007   #48
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I realize this is an Austin thread, but in checking to see if we're going to see the game here in San Antonio, I see it still says TBA. That's code for Tennessee Broadcasting Association. I've fired off a preemptive email, we'll see what response I get.

Quote:
I'm looking to see if you guys intend to pull the same stuff you did last year with not showing the Houston Texans. I see the game is still TBA. I hope this isn't a sign that we're going to have to tolerate your lies about not being able to choose the game you show, as you did last year. I contacted CBS last year and was assured the final decision is YOURS to make. So, lets get some honesty going. I'll start. If we see a repeat of the same stuff this year, I assure you we will be putting up an Anti-Kens website, and will persue by all measures within our legal bounds to make your decision a bad one. There are thousands of Texans fans in your viewing area, if you think we're going to sit idly by this year while we're being lied to, well, you couldn't be more wrong. If I'm jumping the gun, my apologies, but my anger hasn't subsided from last years bone headed decisions.

Sincerely,
MyName
MyAddress
MyPhoneNumber
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #49
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolute total freaking BS!!!!!!
I hate vince young even more than ever now. Once that Madden Jinx gets him, let's see how their 'ratings" are then. These numbers they are putting out are a complete joke. It's obvious that some damn teasip is the GM at the station and he wants to have young on for all his home boy tu cronies.
This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will watch a make a list for their local advertisers in the next day or so, and we're gonna start calling these advertisers and telling them, WE WILL NOT SHOP, BUY OR SUPPORT you until you pressure keye to show the LOCAL NFL team.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #50
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Thomas,

Thank you for the update regarding not having games aired in Austin. We have a partnership with KEYE-TV to show all of our pre-season games. I’ve placed a call to them and will keep you informed of why the game wasn’t on the air.

The Texans are very interested in having our games aired (both TV & Radio) in Austin as well as running promotions and hosting events in the community. I’m trying to get the interest up so they will agree to partner with us.

Hopefully in the coming weeks and months you will see a vast improvement in Texans coverage. I will continue to work towards getting those partnerships established.

Missy

Melissa Rentz
Director of Advertising and Branding
Houston Texans

This is a letter I received from the Texans regarding KEYE not showing thursdays game.
Old 08-27-2007   #51
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am more upset about Keye throwing us under The Titans bus on Sept. 9 !Looking at the schedule I guess we will get to see The Colts spank the Titans on Sept.16.
The Titans have a Mon. game on Sept. 24 so I wonder if they will show The Texans / Colts on Sept. 23?The titans have a bye in week 4, will we be able to watch the Texans / Jags game on Sept 30?............................................... ...............

Old 08-27-2007   #52
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I am more upset about Keye throwing us under The Titans bus on Sept. 9 !Looking at the schedule I guess we will get to see The Colts spank the Titans on Sept.16.
The Titans have a Mon. game on Sept. 24 so I wonder if they will show The Texans / Colts on Sept. 23?The titans have a bye in week 4, will we be able to watch the Texans / Jags game on Sept 30?............................................... ...............

Well...when the Titans are 0-3 and Houston's 3-1 or 4-0 after the Tennessee bye week, perhaps Gay-Eye will reconsider their programming choices.
Old 08-27-2007   #53
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I don't know why y'all are so surprised. KEYE is going to want to make money and the Texans aren't going to make them money in Austin, Texas until they start winning. I don't know much about advertising but I bet advertisers will pay more for VY then they would for Matt Schuab at this point. There is a campus of 50,000 students that worship Vince Young. Austin is a city without a major sports franchise, the Longhorns are their sport franchise. The city, for the most part, is going to follow Longhorns. I've met many adults that will never root for the Texans because they passed up VY. I'd go out on a limb and say that most people in Austin feel that way. I understand why you are mad, I go to school here at UT this year and went to UTSA last year in San Antonio. I knew they weren't going to show games, I knew they weren't going to show games until we did something better than our 30% winning percentage in our franchise's history. I hated that I had to throw down $300 bucks on a slingbox so I could watch the games on my computer from home in a not-to-great resolution setting, but I had to. Texans fans in Austin/San Antonio/etc. are going to be out of the loop until we win, but that's the thing, we are about to win, we are about to be the team with the bandwagon and not the Titans and Cowboys. So just stay strong, we'll get our time. They'll show us by mid-season I bet.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #54
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

OK guys, I just bought the domain www.keye42sucks.com.

If you guys have some advertisers that advertise on keye for the "boycott" section, email em to me and I will post them up there.

Send any suggestions to gotexans@keye42sucks.com .

I will be working on the site this week and hope to have it up soon.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #55
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Although I live in San Antonio and not Austin, I do feel your pain with Texan coverage. KENS gives us the same run around but rarely, if ever respond to emails.
Old 08-28-2007   #56
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

This is cool, sorry I havent chimed in but I did kinda spearhead last years and the year before against KEYE campaign. Im in and A "HUGE" kudo to Hookem and Rockabilly, way to go on buying that domain name. Lets stick it to em!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #57
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I made multiple calls to 1300 the Zone about this last year, but those guys don't give a rat's ass. It's all Horns all the time. Snore.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #58
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Melissa Rentz
Houston Texans
Reliant Stadium
Two Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054-1573
phone: (832) 667-2018
fax: (832) 667-2055

www.houstontexans.com

GO TEXANS!

This info was asked for, and well I guess I should ask before giving it out, but ya know what ...... But ya know what I don't give a rats butt, I want someone to actually give a rats-ass about the people to the west of Houston.

Now that I have done that, onto the sponsors. Once I figure them out. but that would entail me watching the inbreds and or Dallas.
Old 08-28-2007   #59
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed -- KEYE blows choad.

Take heart. This is why we set up with Third Base, who has the NFL Sunday Ticket, to show the Houston Texans games. All we have to do is show up, eat, drink, be merry. Repeat.

Oh, and when the news cameras show, or better yet, when the Austin American-Spaceman sends a beat reporter to get a story --- true Texans fans can tell them what they think of KEYE.

Looking fwd to the opener against KC.
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #60
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Thomas,

Thank you for the update regarding not having games aired in Austin. We have a partnership with KEYE-TV to show all of our pre-season games. I’ve placed a call to them and will keep you informed of why the game wasn’t on the air.

The Texans are very interested in having our games aired (both TV & Radio) in Austin as well as running promotions and hosting events in the community. I’m trying to get the interest up so they will agree to partner with us.

Hopefully in the coming weeks and months you will see a vast improvement in Texans coverage. I will continue to work towards getting those partnerships established.

Missy

Melissa Rentz
Houston Texans

This is a letter I received from the Texans regarding KEYE not showing thursdays game.

Missy is a sweetheart and she will respond to your questions. I am sure she is putting pressure on them for you.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read