Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-27-2007   #21
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: KEYE in Austin ALREADY messing with Texan fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I emialed the fan feedback a few times last year and the response was less than steller. The Texans marketing dept seriously needs an overhaul. They do nothing outside of the Houston Area.
1 1/2 more years of school left and i am working on getting in there....I'll fix it (hopefully)
HardcoreTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #22
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
It'd be nice if the NFL had something like MLB gameday, where you could watch games on the computer. But Texas residents shouldn't have to resort to that or buying a satellite dish.

I sent my profanity laced e-mail to KEYE. Don't expect anything of it but it helped the anger. Somewhat.
Profanity laced tirades or emails will not help the cause. If you send a well thoughtout carefully worded email that has a strong tone to it, your point will come across better.

Which is what I did and I also sent one to the Texans but I do not expect anything from them, because they seriously do not give a crap about Austin or San Antonio either.
Old 08-27-2007   #23
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Profanity laced tirades or emails will not help the cause. If you send a well thoughtout carefully worded email that has a strong tone to it, your point will come across better.

Which is what I did and I also sent one to the Texans but I do not expect anything from them, because they seriously do not give a crap about Austin or San Antonio either.
I sent a polite e-mail last year. Now it's just inexcusable. I probably shouldn't have ended with "eat sh*t", but it's our home opener god damnit.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #24
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

sometimes it is hard to control anger......but when they see profanity and outrage they would probably immediatly discard the email. However when they see a more professional approach they see a valued insight on something they might be able to improve on. At least thats what they should see. If all else fails get a bag of dog $h!t..light it on fire and put it on the building door step (J/K)
Old 08-27-2007   #25
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I do not live in Austin.

I thought that the reason the tv station there shows Titan games is because ratings show that all the VY worshipers want to watch him and not the Texans. According to the station, there are more VY worshipers than Texan fans living in Austin.

ps. I am so thankful I do not live in Austin.
Yes the took the ratings from one Titans game but it was very skewed as in not a very accurate barometer(sp) on ratings. There were so very iffy circumstance about how they got there numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
I sent a polite e-mail last year. Now it's just inexcusable. I probably shouldn't have ended with "eat sh*t", but it's our home opener god damnit.

Might have been a bad choice on words, but if I ever meet Gary A Vincent in person he will know my true feelings about how bad of a job he does and that he can take his sorry good for nothing ass to Nashville and let bud adams Tbag him all he wants.
Old 08-27-2007   #26
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

hahaha WOW
Old 08-27-2007   #27
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I do not live in Austin.

I thought that the reason the tv station there shows Titan games is because ratings show that all the VY worshipers want to watch him and not the Texans. According to the station, there are more VY worshipers than Texan fans living in Austin.

ps. I am so thankful I do not live in Austin.
You're right, however they normally at least wait until the Texans show they are not going to be competitive before making the switch.

BTW, why don't some of you Austinites help me put something together. I want to start a campaign against KEYE on this site. I can create a page that will probably get some decent rankings and exposure.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2007   #28
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Austin and Keye's love affair with Vince Young was the reason I switched to DirectTV last year

Old 08-27-2007   #29
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
BTW, why don't some of you Austinites help me put something together. I want to start a campaign against KEYE on this site. I can create a page that will probably get some decent rankings and exposure.
I'm in. Let me know how I could help.
Mr. White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #30
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're right, however they normally at least wait until the Texans show they are not going to be competitive before making the switch.

Let me know what I can do to help. I'm game.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #31
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:

If this mean sticking it to keye and making fun of them and hopefully costing them money in advertising, then count me in.

If it is only to piss off Keye program director, that works to.
Old 08-27-2007   #32
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If this mean sticking it to keye and making fun of them and hopefully costing them money in advertising, then count me in.

If it is only to piss off Keye program director, that works to.
Maybe you can make an anti keye smilie
Old 08-27-2007   #33
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 111743 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

This story made the news last year and they interviewed Vincent and he said the rating were better for the Titan's games this last year and the next year (2007) they will carry at least the first few Texan games and see if it will catch on.

I'm so tired of calling KEYE and explaining to them that I'm not buying it, that , no, the decision to carry the Titan game wasn't made in New York and I don't apreciate having my intelligence insulted that way.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #34
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, I have just created a logo for our anti-KEYE campaign.

Old 08-27-2007   #35
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
Austin and Keye's love affair with Vince Young was the reason I switched to DirectTV last year

This is a family site not sure if that is possible.

Could always use this for the program director.
Old 08-27-2007   #36
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all for a public campaign against KEYE.
Old 08-27-2007   #37
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, now I'm supremely pissed off. With all the crap about the Titans last year, KEYE did in fact release a statement last year saying they would at least televise the first Texans game. What a load of horsecrap.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #38
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post

As did I. But now it looks like I screwed up not buying the NFL Sunday Ticket when they offered it at a discount.......

Damn you KEYE!
Old 08-27-2007   #39
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
As did I. But now it looks like I screwed up not buying the NFL Sunday Ticket when they offered it at a discount.......

Damn you KEYE!
I bought it already because I knew this would happen.
Old 08-27-2007   #40
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Quote:
OK, I have just created a logo for our anti-KEYE campaign.

Let's put this on a big banner and hold in front of KEYE HQ (located on Metric) after calling the FOX, ABC, NBC, and News 8 team crews.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read