Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2007   #1
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Roster Moves - Bradlee and 7 others gone

When do the Texans have to start making cuts on their roster?
Old 08-25-2007   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Moves

I believe they cut down to 75 on Tuesday.
Old 08-25-2007   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure, but think they have to make the big cut down to 53 by Sept. 1,
which is just a week from today. So given that the starters will go 3 quarters or close to it tonight, Thursdays game in TB is really big for a lot of players.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Not sure, but think they have to make the big cut down to 53 by Sept. 1,
which is just a week from today. So given that the starters will go 3 quarters or close to it tonight, Thursdays game in TB is really big for a lot of players.
The packers recently let ten go including Juwand Simpson a pre draft favorite of some on the board. Tuesday is the official day. However, I'm sure there will be some names hit the wire early sunday after the Saturday night games are over.
75 is the first limit for tuesday's days deadline.
Old 08-25-2007   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Not sure, but think they have to make the big cut down to 53 by Sept. 1,which is just a week from today. So given that the starters will go 3 quarters or close to it tonight, Thursdays game in TB is really big for a lot of players.
You're correct.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #6
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

I believe August 29th teams are cut to 75, and September 2nd they are cut to 53.

I look for the first three quarters of tonights game to be a chance to test run the starting team. The remaining five quarters of preseason football are, in my humble opinion, simply an opportunity for guys who won't make the squad to get on film in the hopes of getting picked up by someone else.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #7
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

So, who are some of the Texans currently on the Roster that might be cut come Tuesday?
Old 08-25-2007   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
So, who are some of the Texans currently on the Roster that might be cut come Tuesday?
Bradly Van Pelt
Old 08-25-2007   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking they'll have either cut Matt Turk or Chad Stanley. I can't remember which, but I think it was Stanley who said he hopes the coaching staff makes the decision soon on which punter to keep to give the other another opportunity to latch on with another team while it's still preseason. I'm hoping they've seen enough of Turk to give him the job.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #10
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I'm thinking they'll have either cut Matt Turk or Chad Stanley. I can't remember which, but I think it was Stanley who said he hopes the coaching staff makes the decision soon on which punter to keep to give the other another opportunity to latch on with another team while it's still preseason. I'm hoping they've seen enough of Turk to give him the job.
Stanley seems to be pretty good at pinning guys deep, but is somewhat erratic. Turk can just absolutely boom the ball and give guys a chance to get under it. It's a nice dilemma to have.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #11
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bradlee and 7 others gone

"Players waived Sunday were quarterbacks Quinton Porter and Bradlee Van Pelt; receivers Charlie Adams and Harry Williams; defensive tackles Thomas Johnson and Thomas Smith; tight end Ben Steele and cornerback Derrick Roberson.

Kubiak said the Texans considered making a move with one of their punters but decided to let Chad Stanley and Matt Turk punt some more. Stanley suffered a sprained hip flexor in pregame warm-ups Saturday and punted once for 32 yards. He didnít get to punt at Arizona the previous week."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5084712.html
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #12
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry I don't see a way to delete this. It was posted in a thread that got merged with this one that's why it's a repeat.

Last edited by Twitch-Houston; 08-26-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #13
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bradlee and 7 others gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
"Players waived Sunday were quarterbacks Quinton Porter and Bradlee Van Pelt; receivers Charlie Adams and Harry Williams; defensive tackles Thomas Johnson and Thomas Smith; tight end Ben Steele and cornerback Derrick Roberson.

Kubiak said the Texans considered making a move with one of their punters but decided to let Chad Stanley and Matt Turk punt some more. Stanley suffered a sprained hip flexor in pregame warm-ups Saturday and punted once for 32 yards. He didnít get to punt at Arizona the previous week."

I think this just delays the inevitable... Stanley is GONE
Old 08-26-2007   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Stanly is pulling a "Bus" move? I doubt it, but......

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post

Thomas Johnson was cut?

Bad move, IMO. Anybody have some news as to why he was cut?

Seemed like he was getting consistent pressure on the QB last week vs. Arizona. I liked what I saw. Then again, I'm not out on the field during camp. And then there's that whole "Not an NFL coach" thing that I have going on...which hurts me a little as far as my evaluatory skills are concerned.

Alas, I thought he'd make it for rotation (at least).
Old 08-26-2007   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quinton Porter is gone...we're doomed.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Thomas Johnson was cut?

Bad move, IMO. Anybody have some news as to why he was cut?

Seemed like he was getting consistent pressure on the QB last week vs. Arizona. I liked what I saw. Then again, I'm not out on the field during camp. And then there's that whole "Not an NFL coach" thing that I have going on...which hurts me a little as far as my evaluatory skills are concerned.

Alas, I thought he'd make it for rotation (at least).
Any one of these players could find their way back on the roster by Sept.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #18
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Moves - Bradlee and 7 others gone

Thomas Johnson getting cut is a good sign about the depth of our D-Line as he performed well after coming in off the street last year.

I would be surprised he didn't get a look somewhere else.
Old 08-27-2007   #19
treygar
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 treygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballottreygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

eh, I wanted Adams and the 'other' TJ to make the team...

i honestly think Adams is more of a contributor than Mathis all around.

i think Adams can get you 15 receptions, 1 TD, and 10 special teams tackles and Jones can do all that Mathis can do at KR.

Mathis can and probably will break two KR for TD, but have half as many receptions and no special teams tackles as he is too precious to get hurt.
Old 08-27-2007   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

is anyone else a little surprised that charlie adams is gone?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read