Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2007   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default press conf live

kubiak is live at 330. right about know. houstontexans.com
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: press conf live

http://houstontexans.com/index.asp its going down now...one thing that stands out so far is how he characterized Spencer's injury....I think we can stop expecting him to play this year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it doesn't sound like Spencer will play this year. Thats sad, basically he will be a 3 year old rookie.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Might seem trivial, BUT, sure was a nice smile on his face when he was responding to the question about the fans. NO doubt about it, the team LOVES a loud stadium!! I say we make the Chiefs go home with hearing loss!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
http://houstontexans.com/index.asp its going down now...one thing that stands out so far is how he characterized Spencer's injury....I think we can stop expecting him to play this year.
sounds like he will play again though. maybe we get a franchise lt tackle to go along with our draft picks next year. this team is on the rise and they will be good for a long time.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

quickie presser....already over. did anyone get the full list of cuts?

Thomas Johnson, Charlie Adams, Ben Steele, Van Pelt...there were a couple of more.

Old 08-26-2007   #7
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

What caught my attention was his comments about Schaub's understanding of the game and certain situations. He alluded to the fact that in the past (my guess referring to Carr) he's had to emphasize not to do certain things, etc. But with Schaub, he trusts him to make the right decision. Certainly an eye opener for me.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2007   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Might seem trivial, BUT, sure was a nice smile on his face when he was responding to the question about the fans. NO doubt about it, the team LOVES a loud stadium!! I say we make the Chiefs go home with hearing loss!
Yeah, did your hear him say that it was even tough for our own offense to hear?

That's the thing that other cities's fans do much better at. They STFU when the offense in the field.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #9
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bummer about Spencer. Luckily there's a few good prospects in next year's draft. Probably too early, but I'll start the draft Barry Richardson bandwagon.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
And of course that's wise to eliminate those expectations right now if there's
0 chance of his return happening this year. We can "perhaps" hope for next year, but we now know the reality for this year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yeah, did your hear him say that it was even tough for our own offense to hear?

That's the thing that other cities's fans do much better at. They STFU when the offense in the field.
Yes, I did notice that remark, and I agree that our fans seem to be oblivious to that simple rule. Beats the hell out of me too, when you have an entire section waving their arms for fans to STFU, and they keep on yelling. What to do?? I have no idea.
Old 08-26-2007   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed Schaub covering the earholes of his helmet , that's when I realized it was to loud .

I guess the Texans need to give out shhh signs before the game . That way the fans that understand can help those that don't .

Sorry Marcus but STFU looks to much like a university for our Aggie friends .
Old 08-26-2007   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Yes, I did notice that remark, and I agree that our fans seem to be oblivious to that simple rule. Beats the hell out of me too, when you have an entire section waving their arms for fans to STFU, and they keep on yelling. What to do?? I have no idea.
Convince Kubiak to continue to say something. Kubiak dropped a subtle hint, but I imagine it went flying right over John McClain's head.

You, and TC, and everyone else needs to get on McClain's blog, and Justice's blog and whoever else, and get the word out to

STFU while our own offense is trying to execute a play.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm serious.
Old 08-26-2007   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

And we need to send it to KHOU, ABC 13, and all other local channels. During the sports segments, they need to say it and get the word out.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #15
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

STFU = Shhhhhhhhh (except with malicious intent)
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

DOnt make noise when the offense is out. It messes with them. Only make noise when the opponents are on offense.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Sorry Marcus but STFU looks to much like a university for our Aggie friends .
Well, if the moderators would allow me to spell it out for them, I'd be more than happy to do that.
Old 08-26-2007   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
8/26/2007 Released defensive linemen Thomas Johnson and Thomas Smith, tight end Ben Steele, wide receivers Harry Williams and Charlie Adams, quarterbacks Quinton Porter and Bradlee Van Pelt, and cornerback Derrick Roberson
www.houstontexans.com

Old 08-26-2007   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Or get the folks at Reliant to put the words, "Be quiet while out offense is on the field" on those computerized signs they have all over the place."

I mean . . . jeeeze.
Old 08-26-2007   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Convince Kubiak to continue to say something. Kubiak dropped a subtle hint, but I imagine it went flying right over John McClain's head.

You, and TC, and everyone else needs to get on McClain's blog, and Justice's blog and whoever else, and get the word out to

I'll certainly do that! Maybe we can put our pretty cheerleaders to good use, give them some signs to hold up telling fans to REMAIN QUIET, OFFENSE ON FIELD! 3/4 of the stadium are guys who spend most of their time gawking at them anyway. Maybe they'll get the message that way! lol

Last year they tried the jumbothron, but that didn't work. I'm telling you, get the cheerleaders involved, that will work! I know just who to contact also!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read