Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default From the Dallas Morning News . . .

Want to read a Dallas sportswriter's take?

Super Bowl talk premature after Cowboys' performance

Quote:
We all know Houstonians have an inferiority complex when it comes to Dallas, in part, because football reigns in Texas and the Cowboys have five championships, while Houston the Oilers or Texans has never even played in a Super Bowl.

"We knew they were going to be aggressive," said Marcus Spears, "because of the whole Houston-Dallas thing."

There's no team Houston would rather beat than Dallas. That's why there was playoff-type intensity in Reliant Stadium.

No joke.

Is there any other rational explanation for why 70,512 the largest preseason crowd in the history of professional football in Houston watched the game? Does the Governor's Cup really mean that much?

Guess so.

Tony Romo said the crowd noise contributed to a fumbled snap in the shotgun and nearly caused another. Phillips said the Cowboys didn't match Houston's intensity.

No one disagreed.

They couldn't. All you had to do was look at the scoreboard.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
real

Default Re: From the Dallas Morning News . . .

LOL@ no team Houston would rather beat than Dallas...

Making it sound like we went all out while they were cruising is just making excuses....

They lost because they were losers.....the end....
Old 08-26-2007   #3
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys fans are so smug. The CBS announcers here in Austin were killing me.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #4
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Inferiority complex my flawless arse!

Dallas suck!

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If the situation had been in reverse, the media would be having a field day!! We would be blasted with clips of the Cowboys beating the c*ap out of the Texans! The only clip I saw last night, after coming home from the game, was of TO making his TD. They didn't even mention JJs kick off return, just his TD. Really tickes me off how they down play any success we have. I know we have to earn it, and we will. BUT, in the meantime, it would be nice to see some positive coverage, esp when we deserve it, like NOW!! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #7
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
If the situation had been in reverse, the media would be having a field day!! We would be blasted with clips of the Cowboys beating the c*ap out of the Texans! The only clip I saw last night, after coming home from the game, was of TO making his TD. They didn't even mention JJs kick off return, just his TD. Really tickes me off how they down play any success we have. I know we have to earn it, and we will. BUT, in the meantime, it would be nice to see some positive coverage, esp when we deserve it, like NOW!! JMO!
Yep saw ESPN this morning...no Jacoby Jones...

That's alright, when we start winning all those guys will swear they had the Texans going 10-6.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2007   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The best laugh I got from the Cowboys fans about the final score was in viewing one of their message-boards a 'Pokes fan offered that one of the reasons they lost to the Texans was that the Cowboys were more preoccupied with evaluating their younger players. I just thought that was kinda amusing given that he didn't seem to realize that Phillips left his starters in the game 'bout 5 or 10 minutes longer than Kubiak did.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just posting articles ... I'm not trying to take over your thread Marcus .

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/214280.html

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what gets me is when they mention the attendance..and like every game played ..I am sure there were a few thousand cowboy fans... and like any good team.. when on the road, you take care of business early and you shut down the crowd noise..

I didn't see much complaining from the Cowboy writers when it was in Arlington...and said the Texans lost because they didn't have enough in attendance.

sometimes I hate preseason.. because excuses come in bunches ..one team prepared more, one team left their starts.. well on the other side of the fence.. one team should have prepared enough and the other team, it should be a blessing because it should be better competition for the 2nd team if another team left their starters in ..
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

What a prick.

I would rather beat the Hillbillies.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a Cowboys fan by any stretch of the imagination but I see the "inferiority complex" they're talking about all the time in here and on the main board. I look at people waving around 19-10 signs and I cringe inside because all it does is look weak and pointless. The beating the Cowboys put on us last season sucked to watch but I think it was a good thing in the long run. It put a stop to all that 19-10 crap.

The Dallas Cowboys have won 5 Super Bowls and Houston professional football teams haven't even caught a whiff of a Super Bowl. That's the bottom line. The only response to that is to go out and win a championship and then to do it again. The only response to that is to go out and win consistently while ignoring this manufactured rivalry that does nothing but make Houston fans look envious of what Dallas fans have.

Ignore it people. Ignore them.

I like to watch the Cowboys get beat but more than that I like to watch the Texans win games. When they move Dallas to the AFC South then I'll care about them on a full time basis. Until then they mean nothing to me unless they're on our plate come Sunday.
Old 08-26-2007   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm just posting articles ... I'm not trying to take over your thread Marcus .

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/214280.html
Thanks for the link.

Talk about secondary problems. Newman has a plantar fascia tear in his heel?

Sounds like we have a better chance of going to the Super Bowl than they do.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #14
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
what gets me is when they mention the attendance..and like every game played ..I am sure there were a few thousand cowboy fans...
There were more than a few thousand bandwag.....er um...Cowboy fans there. Our tickets were on the 40 three rows back from the Cowboy's bench and we were surrounded by cocky Cowboy fans. They were as into the game as we were. They just didn't have as much to cheer about as we did.

After Romo threw the interception, one of the Cowpie fans could only say, "Wait till December"
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
After Romo threw the interception, one of the Cowpie fans could only say, "Wait till December"
Then what, they'll freeze half to death and still play poor football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #16
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Typical Cowgirl BS!!!

Take this loss like a man like we did for these last 5 years.

And all this CRAP about the back up corner and the crowd is pathetic. A SUPER BOWL contending team should not lose to a team looking at a top 10 pick for the 3rd year in a row.

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #17
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Would this be an appropriate moment to remind everyone that Dallas suck?

Sig by AZwhoopr
Old 08-26-2007   #18
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

What is really crazy is that after the Broncos game with the Pokes, Denver complained that the Pokes broke the unspoken rule of not playing too hard during the preseason. The Pokes replied that they play to win every game and laughed at the playing too hard comments. Wow, that attitude has changed.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #19
DeepSteelBlue
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Yep saw ESPN this morning...no Jacoby Jones...
But ESPN did manage to show TO score. ESPN really sux...
DeepSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #20
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
What is really crazy is that after the Broncos game with the Pokes, Denver complained that the Pokes broke the unspoken rule of not playing too hard during the preseason. The Pokes replied that they play to win every game and laughed at the playing too hard comments. Wow, that attitude has changed.
Makes the various excuses/comments I've been reading about ring hollow, methinks. The Cowgirls are bruised, mate, no doubt about it. I don't think they'll be the only egos we bruise this season, either!

The future's so bright..........I'm going to drink more beer!

Sig by AZwhoopr

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read