Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Through the Eyes of a Cowboys Fan

I had the pleasure of attending last night's game with the world's biggest Cowboys fan. Even though I had to pay for the tickets, parking, food and beverages it was still an honor to host him, who is now 0-2 when attending Texans/Cowboys matchups in Reliant Stadium. He was lucky enough to have a seat next to two other "diehard" Cowboys fans with their newly purchased gear (literally that day), ready to cheer on "their" team and rub it in the faces of us lowly Houstonians. The thing I like about Dallas fans is that they always say the right things like "I just look at the trophy case" (I often wonder how many of these people have physical access to the organization's trophy case or if they have ever seen it at all) and "look at all the playoff wins". Never mind that these diehard fans had no idea Dallas' last playoff win was 11 years ago and insisted that they had won one just 2 years ago. They promised to look this up on the Internets when they got home, but were relatively certain of the fact. But even as the Texans pulled their starters and the Cowboys left theirs on the field at an attempt to salvage some sense of pride, their fans stayed en mass to hopefully do the same, pointing to their rings and playoff wins all the while. The Texans second team offense and defense continued to outplay the Cowboys first stringers, but it wasn't until Rosenfels' pass hit David Anderson in the end zone that the psuedo-Dallasites began to hit the exits with their tails between their legs. Today they will claim "it didn't mean anything" and "it was just preseason", but you could see it in the eyes of their fans and on the faces of the Dallas players/coaches last night. This game was their preseason Super Bowl and all were noticeably embarrassed and sad. The online blogs and verbal excuse-making will be loud and obnoxious this week. Look for things like "it was the backup cornerback's fault", "the Cowboys played "vanilla" offense and defense", "the Texans took the game too seriously and we didn't because the game didn't mean anything to us and everything to you", "34-6" and "Mario Williams was a stupid draft pick". We will keep it classy (like we always do) and simply point to the scoreboard.

Last edited by the wonger need food; 08-26-2007 at 01:26 PM.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Through the Eyes of a Cowboys Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
I had the pleasure of attending last night's game with the world's biggest Cowboys fan. Even though I had to pay for the tickets, parking, food and beverages it was still an honor to host him, who is now 0-2 when attending Texans/Cowboys matchups in Reliant Stadium. He was lucky enough to have a seat next to two other "diehard" Cowboys fans with their newly purchased gear (literally that day), ready to cheer on "their" team and rub it in the faces of us lowly Houstonians. The thing I like about Dallas fans is that they always say the right things like "I just look at the trophy case" (I often wonder how many of these people have physical access to the organization's trophy case or if they have ever seen it at all) and "look at all the playoff wins". Never mind that these diehard fans had no idea Dallas' last playoff win was 11 years ago and insisted that they had won one just 2 years ago. They promised to look this up on the Internets when they got home, but were relatively certain of the fact. But even as the Texans pulled their starters and the Cowboys left theirs on the field at an attempt to salvage some sense of pride, their fans stayed en mass to hopefully do the same, pointing to their rings and playoff wins all the while. The Texans second team offense and defense continued to outplay the Cowboys first stringers, but it wasn't until Rosenfels' pass hit David Anderson in the end zone that the psuedo-Dallasites began to hit the exits with their tails between their legs. Today they will claim "it didn't mean anything" and "it was just preseason", but you could see it in the eyes of their fans and on the faces of the Dallas players/coaches last night. This game was their preseason Super Bowl and all were noticeably embarrassed and sad. The online blogs and verbal excuse-making will be loud and obnoxious this week. Look for things like "it was the backup cornerback's fault", "the Cowboys played "vanilla" offense and defense", "the Texans took the game too seriously and we didn't because the game didn't mean anything to us and everything to you", "34-6" and "Mario Williams was a stupid draft pick". We will keep it classy (like we always do) and simply point to the scoreboard.
+1 rep
Old 08-26-2007   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well now I know the end is near.

I just gave a positive rep to Wonger Needs Food.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't buy into the 1st string versus 2nd string thing.. I mean I know their is a drop off in talent, but good teams (aka Patriots for example or the Steelers) have a way of "plug and play" and keep going with an above average offense and defense(depth) Injuries happen ... for the Texans..1st sting versus 2nd string has been a HUGE drop off over the years due to poor drafting/coaching and we are slowly getting there to raising our overall talent level
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #5
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice post Wonger. More rep your way.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #6
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

you know their desperate when they started saying that the Texan fans were "raucuos" and this was a factor of why they lost. fans do play a roll but to be a "Superbowl Contender" and then lose to a team with a projected top ten draft choice and give that as an excuse is ridiculous.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #7
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post. Rep from me also.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2007   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice Post Wonger.

Some think a significant portion of Houston fans have an "inferiority complex" apparently, which is bogus crap, at least that label doesn't belong on me.

My disdain for the cowpies is two fold.
1. They suck.
2. And most of their fans are just like you outlined in your post.
Old 08-26-2007   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look for things like "it was the backup cornerback's fault", "the Cowboys played "vanilla" offense and defense", "the Texans took the game too seriously and we didn't because the game didn't mean anything to us and everything to you",
Dallas fans sort of sound like Denver fans after the cowboys win last week.
Old 08-26-2007   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what I've been thinking.

Denver says, "They blitzed in the preseason!"

Dallas says, "They planned for out blitz!"

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched part of the game with two Cowboys fans. "Oh, it's cuz the starters didn't play enough. The Texans still suck."
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I watched part of the game with two Cowboys fans. "Oh, it's cuz the starters didn't play enough. The Texans still suck."
yep...i received the same response.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #13
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Most of their fans were cool, but several of them were completely obnoxious, turning around and gesturing to the crowd how great their team was. They reminded me of the Pittsburg fans last year.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post

Now that's just ignorant, but we'll add it to the list of excuses anyway.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Now that's just ignorant, but we'll add it to the list of excuses anyway.
Not as much ignorant for Cowboys fans as much as it is typical....
Old 08-27-2007   #16
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2738 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

This may be the wrong time for my first post (I think) but I want to lay out the following facts:

1. I am truly a lifelong fan of the Dallas Cowboys (pics of me in diapers with Dallas gear can be made available). I am 33 now.
2. I am a Texans season ticket holder.
3. This is the first time I have seen Dallas play on someone else's turf.

With this in mind, I can totally understand the feelings Texans die-hards have toward the Dallas faithful in general. Saturday night showed me the rudest, nastiest side of Dallas fans. I have been to at least 2 dozen games at Texas Stadium and never have I seen behavior like I witnessed at Reliant.

All I can say is that we're not all that way and it's a shame the a-holes are the most visible.

Now that all this unpleasantness is in the past, Go Texans (and Cowboys)
Craig. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #17
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
This may be the wrong time for my first post (I think) but I want to lay out the following facts:

1. I am truly a lifelong fan of the Dallas Cowboys (pics of me in diapers with Dallas gear can be made available). I am 33 now.
2. I am a Texans season ticket holder.
3. This is the first time I have seen Dallas play on someone else's turf.

With this in mind, I can totally understand the feelings Texans die-hards have toward the Dallas faithful in general. Saturday night showed me the rudest, nastiest side of Dallas fans. I have been to at least 2 dozen games at Texas Stadium and never have I seen behavior like I witnessed at Reliant.

All I can say is that we're not all that way and it's a shame the a-holes are the most visible.

Now that all this unpleasantness is in the past, Go Texans (and Cowboys)
My ex-Pastor is a Dallas fan, my Brother-in-law, a couple of my Sisters, and many others as well that are part of my life. I can say that they represent themselves more like Craig than the obnoxious ones portrayed throughout these threads.

You are welcome here anytime Craig, IMO.
Old 08-27-2007   #18
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2738 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet. Now if I could just find a suitable tailgating gig, I have Maroon lot passes
Craig. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #19
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Thanks, but I would not like to see a 33 year old man in diapers.

lol
Old 08-27-2007   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I had the pleasure of watching the game with a huge Cowboys fan in my bro in law. Guy grew up in mission and constantly reminds everyone about how Tom Landry got his start in the area and he played at the same HS and on and on.

I had the pleasure of seeing his face and hearing screams of agony as Jones returned that first punt for a score. I was estatic and went on about how this is a ROOKIE wr out of Div II LANE. what a steal we got etc etc. Scowled and said no big deal we'll get the ball back and score. Just a road bump. As the game wore on and as Schaub kept beating the blitz he got more and more nervous. Defiantely wasn't plased as we scored on the last drive then sacked Romo to end the half and they had to kickoff to us again. I was enjoying the second half as our second stringers continued to out preform theirs.

Of course then end of the game came and he was a bit shocked. While he was coming up with stuff like... well i think your guys came preapred to play and we didn't or whatever. I simply pointed out...maybe this isn't the same bungling Texans team you remember seeing in previous years.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read