Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-26-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub would be the Falcon's starting QB today . . .

. . . if we had taken Vince.

This is what cracks me up.

And the Falcons would have the better QB. Vince can run, but he can't hold a candle to Matt's passing skills.

IMO, from what I've seen so far, especially last night, I think we got the better quarterback.

Ain't it funny how things work out in the end?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Schaub would be the Falcon's starting QB today . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
. . . if we had taken Vince.

This is what cracks me up.

And the Falcons would have the better QB. Vince can run, but he can't hold a candle to Matt's passing skills.

IMO, from what I've seen so far, especially last night, I think we got the better quarterback.

I agree that Matt looks like a better passer than VY. No doubt. VY does have the extra dimension to his game but I love what we have all seen from Matt so far. Who doesn't? He has far exceeded anyone's early expectations. And Jacoby looks like a OROY candidate.

Mario + Matt is equal to or greater than VY + 2 2nd Round picks.

and yes it is funny how things work out sometimes...thank god for RS and Kubes for convincing McNair to cut bait with Carr and pay for Schaub.
Old 08-26-2007   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

You'll get an argument from a few here about that, but for what it's worth, I agree with you.
Old 08-26-2007   #4
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought we got screwed on the schaub trade but it might be the best thing the texans ever did, i wasn't a fan of vy at #1 either
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #5
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no comparison between Schaub and Vince.

Schaub is a real West Coast Offense QB.

Vince is a good scrambling QB.

I'll take the WCO guy anyday.
Old 08-26-2007   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=DBCooper;719630]There's no comparison between Schaub and Vince.

Schaub is a real West Coast Offense QB.

Vince is a good scrambling QB.

I'll take the WCO guy anyday.[/QUOTE]

And they tend to stay alive longer.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston has better recievers. Its probably better for him than Atlanta.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2007   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Houston has better recievers. Its probably better for him than Atlanta.
Atlanta doesn't have any good receivers because they have (had) a running QB who couldn't throw a catchable ball.

It's also why the Titans don't have any either.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
. . .

Some of us NON-VY homers have been saying that all along. We have a coach who is slowly constructing a team to his liking, one that makes him happy. Obviously Kubes wanted a strong running game, just not from his QB. I like that idea myself. If they're any good at all, they'll be around much longer, and that is good for my nervous system!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #10
real

Well, I think people are foolish if you are writing of VY as being a great QB in this leauge....

I think Matt is going to be elite, but I think VY will do great things in this leauge....

For the record, I'm happy with how our team has been built, for the most part...
Old 08-26-2007   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Atlanta doesn't have any good receivers because they have (had) a running QB who couldn't throw a catchable ball.

It's also why the Titans don't have any either.
careful Marcus. you'll soon be labeled by some as being like me...one that has no football knowledge and is only a hater.

Old 08-27-2007   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Schaub a lot and am glad we have him, he seems so poised and ready to take this team to the next level.

On a side note to last years draft...what would you think IF we traded down for NYJ 2 firsts. Taken Leinart and Joseph Addai. Kept Demeco, Spencer, Winston, Daniels. instead of Lundy we take someone else. Not even going mention colston...lol.

Then Addai would have been playing and Dayne wouldn't have broken Spencers leg.

In the 2007 draft we take Okoye still? but with our 2nd round pick we take Kalil. Keep Jacoby in the 3rd of course.

Our offense would be complete at every position.

Defense-wise we have Weaver on the left and Babin rushing from the right. secondary is the same, etc.

Leinart obviously doesn't have the experience as schaub....

okay i've taken this too far and apologize for this all.

Schaub would be in Atlanta less either justin blalock or chris houston (whichever one they wouldn't have selected if both were available). Unfortunately we all wouldn't have this Man-crush on schaub if he were in atl. "I like-uh the man crush, I like-uh Schaub" lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #13
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent point Marcus. I'm all about Matt Schaub and his leadership, but it'll take a clean sweep over the tacs this year to convince the toughest critics that the Texans had made a good trade. And 12-15 sacks from Mario wouldn't hurt either.
Old 08-27-2007   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Excellent point Marcus. I'm all about Matt Schaub and his leadership, but it'll take a clean sweep over the tacs this year to convince the toughest critics that the Texans had made a good trade. And 12-15 sacks from Mario wouldn't hurt either.
good luck with all that.....

.....it would be nice though if it happened as it would probably mean playoff time

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read