Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2007   #21
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan
Default Re: Feel OUR pain!

Living in MD I subscribed to Direct TV's Sunday ticket. I can watch the games, but Direct TV won't let me subscribe to the Fox Sports network for Houston.

I get to deal with Ragskin and Baltomoron fans when I wear my Texans gear.

I love this site!!!
Old 08-26-2007   #22
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Having lived out of Houston for 5 years I can attest to the issues that beset the Texans fan that isn't in Houston. Without this site (and a couple of others) and Direct TVs NFL ticket it would have been very hard to be a fan. Now that I'm back home in Houston, I get to share in not only the games but the FLAVOR that happens locally. I will do my best to share that flavor with the out of town fans because that means so much when your not here.
I may not be living in Houston soon, so NFL Sunday Ticket looks good. Is there a way to only buy it for one team?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #23
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so jealous that you guys get to watch games.

My only option is the ridiculously expensive option to subscribe to the internet service on NFL.com. Its even worse when you factor in the exchange rate for the South Pacific Peso.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #24
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I may not be living in Houston soon, so NFL Sunday Ticket looks good. Is there a way to only buy it for one team?
No Sunday ticket is an all or nothing plan. It isn't to bad $230 for every NFL game.
Old 08-26-2007   #25
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Kind of an all or nothing thing. Loved it though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I get Sunday Ticket and LOVE it!! I travel for a living and am NEVER home for a football game. I'm stuck in Bungles country for the next 9 or 10 months and was in sAints country for last season. The money is well spent to be able to watch my Texans every week and get the NFL Network on Direct TV.
Old 08-26-2007   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I get Sunday Ticket and LOVE it!! I travel for a living and am NEVER home for a football game. I'm stuck in Bungles country for the next 9 or 10 months and was in sAints country for last season. The money is well spent to be able to watch my Texans every week and get the NFL Network on Direct TV.
I've been doing that for years. It was the only way I could get my Texans' fix in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and now in Dallas.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2007   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've been doing that for years. It was the only way I could get my Texans' fix in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and now in Dallas.
I know what ya mean. It REALLY sux when I'm out of the country during the season. When that happens, I have to rely on the internet and that can be sketchy at best.
Old 08-26-2007   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know what ya mean. It REALLY sux when I'm out of the country during the season. When that happens, I have to rely on the internet and that can be sketchy at best.
Been there, done that. I was in Italy for the beginning of one season and I had to find little internet cafe's in places where I couldn't actually communicate with people to find out what the scores were. That was a nightmare.
Old 08-26-2007   #30
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Been there, done that. I was in Italy for the beginning of one season and I had to find little internet cafe's in places where I couldn't actually communicate with people to find out what the scores were. That was a nightmare.
You should try ANYWHERE in Africa, Iraq or South America.
Old 08-26-2007   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You should try ANYWHERE in Africa, Iraq or South America.
Gosh, thanks so much but... I'll pass.
Old 08-26-2007   #32
bayshorebevo
Veteran

This probably sounds nuts, but I sometimes give honest opinion negative slant posts when not happy with the way things are going because I think it might help make things go in a positive direction.

I do feel the pain not seeing or hearing the game though. The digital AM receiver has gotten a workout in my car before.

Last edited by bayshorebevo; 08-26-2007 at 10:19 PM.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #33
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
The digital AM receiver has gotten a workout in my car before.
I'd do this, if a radio station was broadcasting the game It's sad, we live 180 miles from Houston, but there isn't an official radio station for the Texans in San Antonio (I hear 760 will carry them, but they cut their signal in half after 6pm and you can't receive the channel, and they aren't listed on the Texans website), Austin, or Dallas. This is a market that surely the Texans front office is interested in, but from lack of seeing anything, I believe their effort is little if any. We have the sowboys here for training camp, and we're fed a steady diet nightly on the local news. When we arise, we read about them in the paper. Trying to find any sports attire with a Texans logo is nearly as tough as finding the Ark. In fact, I believe the Ark would be easier to find.
Mix all of the above with a hostile native ready to physically harm you for wearing anything not colored blue and silver, and you have the makings of one (ME) very unhappy Texan fan.
So, what do we do? We come here looking for that bright ray of sunshine, and what do we see? A group of Houstonians so pissed off at the team, we might as well be reading the local newspaper I understand the five years of frustration, and I believe keeping things real is important, but we can do that without calling (name your player) an f'in moron who should die a horrible death by fire ants. (Yes, a bad example, but it's late, and I"m tired). I know I've seen it somewhere...."LIE TO ME BABY!" Every now and then throw we folks out in BFE a bone, and don't take it personal when we just grow tired of all your negativity.
I was serious when I said, you guys don't realize how good you have it
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!

Last edited by FirstTexansFan; 08-26-2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: punctuation
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read