Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2007   #1
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Feel OUR pain!

As a fan of the Texans in a region of Texas that gives absolutely zero coverage of MY team, I believe I can speak for all fans in this area. You guys in Houston don't know how good you have it. You have radio coverage daily, you can watch the 5,6, and 10pm news and get information, you never miss a game, as they are always broadcast locally. Our only means of getting anything is either on this MB, or the official Texans website. I watch the videos posted there over and over.

Some of you get a little bent when we guys call you out for being negative about the team. If you had to go without any coverage, the last thing you want to hear is some guys negative opinion of (name your player). Imagine everytime you wore your Texans gear out in public being ridiculed, smack talked, and reminded daily what a bonehead front office you have for passing on (name your player).
Every night on the local news, we are subjected to nothing but Cowboys propaganda. The local coverage of the game last night would make even the strongest constitution wanna puke.

I respect cowboy fans in the Dallas area, I like Wade Phillips, I like alot of the cowboys players, but SA cowboy fans? The hate and anger we feel towards them can't be measured. SA cowboy fans are literally the worst of the bunch. We call SA, Dallas South for a reason. There is not a single radio station in this area that broadcasts the Texans games. On the official website, they list AM 1420 New Braunfels, as a flag station for the Texans, they've yet to broadcast a single game. (Front office, you need to take note of this and do something about it please). At least remove that information from your website. Even Austin has it better than us, KEYE may be run by morons, but they have broadcast the Texans preseason games. Our local CBS affiliate would rather show a game between Green Bay and Chicago, than broadcast a Texans game. All the emails in the world from a number of us, couldn't change their decision last year.

So next time you sit down at your computer to make a posting, keep the poor souls who live in hell in mind. Last nights victory means so much to us. It gives us that ammunition we need to survive in the "Enemy's Territory". Come walk in our shoes awhile, you'll be a lot more appreciative
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
htexfan
Rookie

Default Re: Feel OUR pain!

As a fan in Central Texas, I couldn't agree with you more, we are in the same boat. Last season, professional bowling was aired instead of our Texan game. It sucks!!!! This win is huge!!! I had so many Dallas fans telling me they would have Klenex's ready on Monday. Oh...I can't wait!!!!!
htexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #3
AZwhoopr
Rookie

Yeah I don't get most Texans games either where I live. I want to get the football package that allows you to watch any NFL game going on sooooooo bad but I don't have satelite. But as a fan that goes through the same thing as you, I suggest watching the Texan's gamecast on nfl.com. That's the closest thing I have to actually watching or listening to the game, but it's something so I appreciate it.
I must say however, I enjoyed how everyone here practically gave us a play-by-play recap. Thanks for taking the time to do that last night, I enjoyed reading about our arse whooping that we served to the cowgirls.
Old 08-26-2007   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

it might not come this season, but a winning season and a playoff run, and those same stations will change their tune and air our games out there.
Old 08-26-2007   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Thanks for posting that! I'll try to watch my level of negativity in the future (though I've been called a blind homer before, so I don't really know)!
Old 08-26-2007   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Great post, I feel your pain (especially the part about San Antonio fans being the worst, that was too true).
Old 08-26-2007   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel your pain! I used to live in SA during the Texans Inaugural Season. Every Cowboy fan was like "get ready for a whippin". So I know how the SA Cowboy fans are. I live in Corpus Christi now and it's more Cowboy coverage unless they are covering High School sports. There is more Texan fans here than it was in SA though.

I miss the Houston newscast at 5,6, and 10.

By the way I had to listen to the Cowboy homers call the game last night.

It was a nice win Pre-Season or not.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I'm in Seattle the last half of the season every year. That's what the Internet was made for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #9
afcman
Veteran

I moved to Lubbock in '02. The first two yrs out here the local station would play the Houston games. The last couple of seasons they hardly go to them it seems. I think people would watch the first quarter or half and then turn it off because it was always the same 'ole Carr and blah, blah.

I go to the stores out here and they will sell and promote the cowboys but you don't see much in Texans merchandise.

That WILL change if the Texans start winning. And I think they will now that we finally have a new GM and coach. And a QB.

Old 08-26-2007   #10
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Amen Brother.

I know your pain.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #11
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

I feel your pain in this situation also my friend, I myself am stuck a long long way away over the pond in England. I get the ridicule of mentioning the sport I love and whenever I wear my Texans gear which is most days in some way or form the ridicule of why do you love that sport comes out, and then those that do know the sport also like to take a dig at the Texans, as most of the fans over here tend to fall between the Dolphins/Giants and Raiders.

I also play the sport we love in the British leagues and have played this sport also since I was 6 years old in the junior ranks, as soon as I could hold a Football I was playing with one as a baby, and still I constantly get the questions and constant put downs from people of "why do you play that sport, isn't it just rugby with pads on."

I have to say the TV coverage we reciever over here has gone up and we now get NFL Total Access on a daily basis albeit a day late. However my only source of Texans news is from the Internet and you guys (as Total Access shows us no love at all), thanks for keeping me in the know and thanks for the great people here that are going to be welcoming me when I come over to Houston for my first ever Texans game next month.

I feel your pain dude, and am incredibly jelous of anyone of you over the pond let alone you lucky lot in Houston.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #12
UvaldeTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 UvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performer

FYI the Ticket 760 in SA does carry the Texans game on the radio. They just did not carry the preseason game last night because it conflicted with the Astros broadcast. I think they have to give the preference to the regular season baseball over pre season football. That being said...I do feel your pain about the normal 0 % coverage the Texans get here in the SA media. I was shocked today when Buck Harvey had a somewhat positive article today on Schaub in the Express News.
Old 08-26-2007   #13
rvguy121
RVGuy

I know and understand your pain completely! I live in Dallas...just try to be a Texan fan here!! I made an investment this year so that I would not miss out..I now have Direc-TV Sunday Ticket and a new 57" Mitsubushi HD TV. You automatically get NFL network on Direc-TV, thus you can watch the reply of the game later. (at least preseason, I just watched the Girls vs. Texans game) Coupled with the computer there's no need to suffer any longer! Stand tall and proud Texan fans and know things will change soon!

If the Texans continue to play the way they did last night, changes will come sooner than later!! GO TEXANS!!!
rvguy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
As a fan of the Texans in a region of Texas that gives absolutely zero coverage of MY team, I believe I can speak for all fans in this area. You guys in Houston don't know how good you have it. You have radio coverage daily, you can watch the 5,6, and 10pm news and get information, you never miss a game, as they are always broadcast locally. Our only means of getting anything is either on this MB, or the official Texans website. I watch the videos posted there over and over.

Some of you get a little bent when we guys call you out for being negative about the team. If you had to go without any coverage, the last thing you want to hear is some guys negative opinion of (name your player). Imagine everytime you wore your Texans gear out in public being ridiculed, smack talked, and reminded daily what a bonehead front office you have for passing on (name your player).
Every night on the local news, we are subjected to nothing but Cowboys propaganda. The local coverage of the game last night would make even the strongest constitution wanna puke.

I respect cowboy fans in the Dallas area, I like Wade Phillips, I like alot of the cowboys players, but SA cowboy fans? The hate and anger we feel towards them can't be measured. SA cowboy fans are literally the worst of the bunch. We call SA, Dallas South for a reason. There is not a single radio station in this area that broadcasts the Texans games. On the official website, they list AM 1420 New Braunfels, as a flag station for the Texans, they've yet to broadcast a single game. (Front office, you need to take note of this and do something about it please). At least remove that information from your website. Even Austin has it better than us, KEYE may be run by morons, but they have broadcast the Texans preseason games. Our local CBS affiliate would rather show a game between Green Bay and Chicago, than broadcast a Texans game. All the emails in the world from a number of us, couldn't change their decision last year.

So next time you sit down at your computer to make a posting, keep the poor souls who live in hell in mind. Last nights victory means so much to us. It gives us that ammunition we need to survive in the "Enemy's Territory". Come walk in our shoes awhile, you'll be a lot more appreciative
Dude, I lived in Dallas for the first three seasons, then in Michigan for the last two. In 5 years of Texans football, I was able to watch maybe 10 to 12 games. The way I look at it is I didn't miss much during those lean (Carr) years.

I know have moved back to Houston...............and I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be able to watch EVERY texans game and my uncle (who never really goes to games) has 4 sweet a** season tickets that are about 15 rows off the field and on the 30 yardline. I CAN SEE EVERYTHING and hear EVERY BLOW.

Oh man I forgot that you can't watch every game, I'm sorry, I'm just extremely excited about the season.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #15
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Carrbomb remind me to slap you silly when I go to a game this year....salt in the wound!!! ROFL It's ok bro, I'm happy for ya, at times I wish I'd never have chosen this hellhole to retire in, but a slow drift down the Guadalupe brings me back to reality
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #16
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I'm in Seattle the last half of the season every year. That's what the Internet was made for.
Amen to that, mate!!

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #17
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
I feel your pain dude, and am incredibly jelous of anyone of you over the pond let alone you lucky lot in Houston.
Me, too.

I also envy Sideline his opportunity to tailgate and see a game with an intensity that borders on pain. Given my salary, mortgage, commitments etc, my likelyhood of following suit is exactly zero.

Without this site and the folks who populate it, I'd of written off supporting a specific team as pointless a few years back.

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"

Last edited by nfl-brit; 08-26-2007 at 07:29 PM.
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread makes me really sad. In this day and age everyone should be able to watch their favorite team on TV. Our TEXANS is one of the main reasons I stay in the Houston area. I simply cannot imagine not being able to attend the games. Never thought I would entertain the thought of retiring in this city, always wanted to go to the mountains. BUT, I have a feeling our TEXANS will keep me right here.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #19
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can I add my name to the feel OUR pain list.

Thank goodness for the web thats all I can say.

Can I just say that I for one appreciate the knowledge and info so many people on this board bring to the table.

A huge THANK YOU
Old 08-26-2007   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Having lived out of Houston for 5 years I can attest to the issues that beset the Texans fan that isn't in Houston. Without this site (and a couple of others) and Direct TVs NFL ticket it would have been very hard to be a fan. Now that I'm back home in Houston, I get to share in not only the games but the FLAVOR that happens locally. I will do my best to share that flavor with the out of town fans because that means so much when your not here.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read