Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-26-2007   #1
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Brady Quinn

Im a huge Brady Quinn fan and after watching the Browns game this morning from last night with his second great performance. (One touchdown and another called back that was clearly a catch) He clearly needs to be getting more of a chance, Im not for throwing a rookie Quarterback in at the deep end as we did with David and the Lions with Joey but this kid seems to have it down, whatever Charlie Weis did with him these past few years at Notre Dame, has worked.

Im going to be campaigning all season for him to be starting as I would if he was playing badly but now theres also an argument for him to be getting some serious consideration.

Apologies if Im getting a bit too excited about him here.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Brady Quinn

You mean this guy?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #3
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quinn has been very impressive and will make a lot of team regret passing on him. He makes much better decisions on the field than in front of the camera.
Old 08-26-2007   #4
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Ha! I wonder what is actually going on there in that photo.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #5
real

I'll be the first to admit....Quinn has looked really impressive....I was watching some of the Browns game and that guy made some big time throws....Not only that, but he controlled the tempo and showed good poise in the pocket....

Brady is looking really nice....
Old 08-26-2007   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a friend who's a big ND fan and he was soured on Quinn.... I think being in that big of a spotlight a lot of team over-analyzed a good QB and found reasons not to draft him. Sometimes that happens to guys. Looking at the year ahead for the Irish...i think they'll appreciate what Brady did and brought to the field every time he stepped on a lot more

If Joe Thomas lives up the hype at LT...Browns just might've made out like theives in this past draft.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=xtruroyaltyx;719709]I'll be the first to admit....Quinn has looked really impressive....I was watching some of the Browns game and that guy made some big time throws....Not only that, but he controlled the tempo and showed good poise in the pocket....

Brady is looking really nice....[/QUOTE]

Against twos and threes.
Old 08-27-2007   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

He actually played against Denver's first team last game briefly.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Against twos and threes.
Yeah, that's true....

But what I meant was that he has made some very good throws and has shown nice poise...

And besides that, I think he got some first team action because I could have sworn I saw him complete a pass to Kellen Winslow...
Old 08-27-2007   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Yeah, that's true....

But what I meant was that he has made some very good throws and has shown nice poise...

And besides that, I think he got some first team action because I could have sworn I saw him complete a pass to Kellen Winslow...
Kellen played much deeper in the game than the rest of the ones.

I agree, he has performed well and he probably should've had a shot to play with the ones.

I'm still happy we have Schaub and didn't get 'Pat McRotch'.
Old 08-27-2007   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Kellen played much deeper in the game than the rest of the ones.

I agree, he has performed well and he probably should've had a shot to play with the ones.

I'm still happy we have Schaub and didn't get 'Pat McRotch'.
Quinn did play one series against the Denver first team.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Blazing Arrow must be upset he does not have anyone to grab his crotch because everytime Brady Quinn is mentioned he brings up that photo. He must have saved it so he can look at it all the time. probably has a wet towle handy while looking at it.
Old 08-27-2007   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Blazing Arrow must be upset he does not have anyone to grab his crotch because everytime Brady Quinn is mentioned he brings up that photo. He must have saved it so he can look at it all the time. probably has a wet towle handy while looking at it.
Or...he's the one in the yellow shirt and wants everbody to know he has feelings for Brady.
Old 08-27-2007   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, if Brady Quinn works out AND Vick gets banned for th eyear, swtbound will have a lot of crow to eat!

PS: My GOD I am sick of seeing that photo. Sure, its funny, but can we talk about football and leave the other crap out of it for even a second?
Old 09-02-2007   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Many of us were shocked - shocked! - to see Brady Quinn's locks shorn from his head Saturday night against the Broncos. I mean, he's still a good looking guy (I, for one, am convinced that the only reason Romeo Crennel didn't throw the challenge flag on that Joe Jurevicius non-catch was because he was lost in Brady's soft, blue eyes) but what was he trying to pull?

It turns out it was a little rookie hazing. And while men have been jailed for lesser atrocities, Browns fans are a forgiving bunch and we were willing to laugh about it (even though all of us this side of Joe Theismann were crying on the inside)
http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/200...r_brady_q.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #16
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks kinda like Steve O from Jackass.
Old 09-03-2007   #17
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
Looks kinda like Steve O from Jackass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
There may be a correlation here.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #18
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
There may be a correlation here.
Now I'm no Brady Quinn fan, but it must be noted that he didn't choose that haircut, while Steve O did. Also, Brady Quinn graduated from Notre Dame and Steve O is a moron, so I really don't see a correlation.
Old 09-03-2007   #19
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady and Steve-O are both masters in the art of Monkey Steals Peach though.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #20
jaybird
Veteran

I'm a huge browns fan along with a Texans fan, so I'm very VERY excited about haivng Quinn... he'll be a good QB in the future, but I'm glad he's not starting against the Steelers... need some time for him to learn the system and the NFL. No sense of rushing him.
jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read