Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2007   #1
htexfan
Rookie

Default Did u see that?

I woke up pinching myself. After hearing smack all week from Dallas fans (and man, there are a lot of them)...the game could not have gone better. We deflated Dallas' Big Heads. The Cowboys had looked so good against Denver, I'll admit I was scared and had even said as long as we didn't get players hurt that I would consider it a win. Well, man were my expectations low. We looked amazing. I really thought all sides of the ball looked better. At first it was hard watching the game on the Dallas Network, but then it made the win even sweeter Hearing Jerry Jones talk before the game about how we would want to keep our first trophy as memorbila made me sick, I love that he is the one that has to be filling sick this morning. I am so happy to be able to say "did u see that?" now. I can't wait to see what on earth the cryboys will come back with. Not much they can say now after that. They even had starters in into the 4th quarter with our 2nd rounders. It was just great!!!!
htexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did u see that?

Gotta say, that's probably the main reason I'm glad they won, I don't have to listen to those "cowpie" fans bragging for awhile at work. Ahhhh! It feels so good!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not trying to burst anyones bubble here but I think people need to back off the scoreboard stuff. I was incredibly impressed with how we played and things look good. As I've stated in another thread I grew up in Ft. Worth too so have been a Dallas fan. I'm excited for both teams.

However it is preseason and a totally different mindset. I don't ever call scoreboard on any of these games. I really never saw this as a bragging game..more a benchmark game.
Old 08-26-2007   #4
htexfan
Rookie

3rd preseason game....starters in....Cowboys said from the beginning of the game and showed last week with all the blitzing they were doing against Denver that they were going all out. Houston slammed Dallas...enough said. If the cryboys are going to try to say it was preseason and didn't matter as their excuse thats even sadder than the way the played last night!!!!
Old 08-26-2007   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I'm not trying to burst anyones bubble here but I think people need to back off the scoreboard stuff. I was incredibly impressed with how we played and things look good. As I've stated in another thread I grew up in Ft. Worth too so have been a Dallas fan. I'm excited for both teams.

However it is preseason and a totally different mindset. I don't ever call scoreboard on any of these games. I really never saw this as a bragging game..more a benchmark game.
spoken like a true Cowgirl fan.
Old 08-26-2007   #6
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

The scoreboard really doesn't matter at all but with the talk being all week about how this is the Texans Offence's toughest test, I think we can say that we passed with flying colours, Schaub looked excellent, Green ran like we have hoped he would since he got here and then there is Jacoby Jones returning and receiving.

Have to say im impressed, the Cheifs really are in for a treat come Week one.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #7
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This was as close to a regular season game as you can get for a pre-season game. I will not back off the scoreboard stuff...a win over the Cow putas should and will be celebrated!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2007   #8
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected

A wins a win at the end of the day, even in games where the final score doesn't matter its better to win than lose.
Old 08-26-2007   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Great article on Fanhouse

The game ball should go to Jacoby Jones, who had a great performance in both punt returns and receptions, but another game ball should go to Texan fans. In the post game quotes, many of the Cowboy players mentioned the difficulties that they had with the noise in the stadium. (The game ball should be given to Texan fans also for not killing braying Cowboy fans, unless of course, you actually did kill a Cowboy fan, and then you should receive two game balls. Three game balls if a trident was involved).

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...in-28-16/#cont
Old 08-26-2007   #10
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Check the Cowgirl fans today.

All they say is "Its only preseason." and "You guys treated it like it was a superbowl game."

Which is funny because, it was dallas the last two weeks that took their preaseason games seriously. It was Dallas that the Broncos player said 'Broke the Preseason code of ethics'. It was Dallas that left their starters in after we pulled ours (and we still played well against their 1's).

Dallas, your time is up.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #11
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Great article on Fanhouse

The game ball should go to Jacoby Jones, who had a great performance in both punt returns and receptions, but another game ball should go to Texan fans. In the post game quotes, many of the Cowboy players mentioned the difficulties that they had with the noise in the stadium. (The game ball should be given to Texan fans also for not killing braying Cowboy fans, unless of course, you actually did kill a Cowboy fan, and then you should receive two game balls. Three game balls if a trident was involved).

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...in-28-16/#cont
Love It!
Old 08-26-2007   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
spoken like a true Cowgirl fan.
Typical Silver Oak. Aren't you supposed to be talking about how Schaub isn't that good and Carr is supposed to comeback?You got issues.

People don't need to take what I said so seriously. The fact is, it was a pre-season game. It doesn't count. We have played 2 regular season games and 2 pre-season games. Last year when Dallas won in the regular season people were still trotting out 19-10. The other years we or they won in preseason people said it didn't matter. I LOVED the way we played. I'm just not sitting her talking smack over a pre-season game. I enjoy both teams. Sorry but "Cowgirl" smack is lame. When it counts then I'll see how it goes. But the urgency is probably different for both of these teams right now. Don't think if Dallas had won in the end with its 3rd stringers people wouldn't be saying "but our first team beat theirs." It has happened before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Check the Cowgirl fans today.

All they say is "Its only preseason." and "You guys treated it like it was a superbowl game."

Which is funny because, it was dallas the last two weeks that took their preaseason games seriously. It was Dallas that the Broncos player said 'Broke the Preseason code of ethics'. It was Dallas that left their starters in after we pulled ours (and we still played well against their 1's).

Dallas, your time is up.
They are right. My family lives up there and people in Dallas could care less. People here take these games way too seriously. I'm just excited they looked good and Schaub and Jacoby stood out.
Old 08-26-2007   #13
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Typical Silver Oak. Aren't you supposed to be talking about how Schaub isn't that good and Carr is supposed to comeback?You got issues.

People don't need to take what I said so seriously. The fact is, it was a pre-season game. It doesn't count. We have played 2 regular season games and 2 pre-season games. Last year when Dallas won in the regular season people were still trotting out 19-10. The other years we or they won in preseason people said it didn't matter. I LOVED the way we played. I'm just not sitting her talking smack over a pre-season game. I enjoy both teams. Sorry but "Cowgirl" smack is lame. When it counts then I'll see how it goes. But the urgency is probably different for both of these teams right now. Don't think if Dallas had won in the end with its 3rd stringers people wouldn't be saying "but our first team beat theirs." It has happened before.

They are right. My family lives up there and people in Dallas could care less. People here take these games way too seriously. I'm just excited they looked good and Schaub and Jacoby stood out.

I don't get why they would say anything since they say its just a preseason game.

The Cowboys players and coaching staff has been taking the preseason pretty seriously. We are actually the first team to score on their first string defense. The Cowboys gameplanned for last weeks game, and if they would had won, it would be them talking trash. But since we won its "Oh its your superbowl." or "Oh its only preseason." or even "Its better to lose this game so the Coach can point out the negatives blah blah blah."

Nah, I know their kind and I am going to trash talk a preseason game because they would do the same thing if they were on the other side. Otherwise I really don't care.

Last edited by Leahmic223; 08-26-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #14
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell yeah I'm calling scoreboard. If those loser fans can still pull out their championships from the 70's and 90's smack I will call scoreboard when I can.

It was a good game for the Texans and I am loving me some TEXANS SPECIAL TEAMS. It's great to know that if they kick it to us we can break it for a TD.
Old 08-26-2007   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
Hell yeah I'm calling scoreboard. If those loser fans can still pull out their championships from the 70's and 90's smack I will call scoreboard when I can.

It was a good game for the Texans and I am loving me some TEXANS SPECIAL TEAMS. It's great to know that if they kick it to us we can break it for a TD.
Well that is because they are real championships and not pre-season titles.

This is how I look at it. 19-10 lasted 4 years and was all good for the Texans. Never in that time frame did I ever hear a Cowboy fan or anyone on here say, "well they are 2-1 in the preseason v. us, etc, etc. In fact most on here laughed at the Cowboy fans for bringing it up. Last year it was Dallas 34-6. We are 1-1 on the all time record books. I had forgotten about 2 of the preseason games until last night.

If we had lost and went 9-7 and were in the playoffs and they were 8-8 and missed I'd be talking all kinds of crap vs. winning this game and them having a great year v missing the playoffs. That is my beef with preseason. When it is a one touchdown game and you turn the game over to your backups, I can't take it seriously. I'm just FIRED up that we have some great talent and looklike we are making a move.
Old 08-26-2007   #16
htexfan
Rookie

QUOTE People don't need to take what I said so seriously. The fact is, it was a pre-season game. It

They are right. My family lives up there and people in Dallas could care less. People here take these games way too seriously.[/quote]

when u say "here", r u referring to Houston? r u serious? I think your family is the only ones that don't care. I am the lone Houston fan in a family full of Dallas fans. They are so upset by the game they won't even talk about it. I mean, I am thowing a "replay" party to rewatch the game and for some reason none of them want to come???

and....this is not a game that you can ride the fence on. We looked great, they looked horrible. That's it. They have been talking smack since the first pre-season game and considered us an easy win. now to say it is only preseason is a joke. come on. you know you really want to burn any cowboys stuff you ever owned and jump on the bandwagon headed for many more victories!!! come on, you know you want to.
Old 08-26-2007   #17
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Such hatred, internet tough guy!

I cheer for the uniform Froggie. Whether it was Carr last year or Schaub this year, or Zabaransky in 3 years. I think thats something you miss the point on completely.

I've been in support of Schaub since we traded for him so I don't know where you pulled that one from.
Old 08-26-2007   #18
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish the NFL would eliminate 2 of the preseason games and make the season 18 games long. Then, the Texans and Cowboys could play a regular season game every year.
Old 08-26-2007   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing about this game that wasn't played just like a real one is the 4th quarter, when we pulled starters out faster than they did. Technically, it doesn't count, but I think we have every reason to be proud. This game was "played" by both teams (coaches and players) like it was the real thing.

I don't usually bother to say this, but GO TEXANS!!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by htexfan View Post
QUOTE People don't need to take what I said so seriously. The fact is, it was a pre-season game. It

They are right. My family lives up there and people in Dallas could care less. People here take these games way too seriously.

when u say "here", r u referring to Houston? r u serious? I think your family is the only ones that don't care. I am the lone Houston fan in a family full of Dallas fans. They are so upset by the game they won't even talk about it. I mean, I am thowing a "replay" party to rewatch the game and for some reason none of them want to come???

and....this is not a game that you can ride the fence on. We looked great, they looked horrible. That's it. They have been talking smack since the first pre-season game and considered us an easy win. now to say it is only preseason is a joke. come on. you know you really want to burn any cowboys stuff you ever owned and jump on the bandwagon headed for many more victories!!! come on, you know you want to.

Seriously. I'm 37 and grew up in Ft. Worth. I've been a Cowboy fan since the mid 70s. I've seen it all. I talked to my two brother and parents and they weren't even watching the game. It was a SB here all week. I just think the build up is silly. People here care more about Dallas than Dallas cares about Houston. Don't get me wrong. I moved here in 1993 and am a huge Texans fan. In other threads I'm talking about being fired up about the game. But in normal games with a 5 point lead you aren't going to see starters taken out. It is just fact. So I'm enjoying the fact that we looked good against a tough D. I said in the one thread that I'm excited about the season. It isn't acut that I don't want to talk smack. I just look at it as lifetime 1-1. I thinkt he season will be fun this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Such hatred, internet tough guy!

I cheer for the uniform Froggie. Whether it was Carr last year or Schaub this year, or Zabaransky in 3 years. I think thats something you miss the point on completely.

I've been in support of Schaub since we traded for him so I don't know where you pulled that one from.
Hatred. No hatred, just amazement at your lame b.s...LOL.. "Internet tough guy"..are we in 5th grade? Is that why you have been in trouble on these boards before? I pulled that one out from your undying hatred for anyone last year that said we were better off without Carr and that we needed someone with pocket presence. Of course that was football talk and you wanted none of that. You completely got personal just like you are right now. Sorry, its sad from an adult.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read