Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default I'm not gonna lie, I think im getting my hopes up!!!

The Texans looked great tonight in every facet of the game. I'm not gonna lie, they just raised my expectations!!!

JACOBY!!!
Old 08-26-2007   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: I'm not gonna lie, I think im getting my hopes up!!!

The Texans looked pretty darn good in '06 preseason games, with the exception of the Denver game.... & it didn't translate.

Let's hope they don't get big-headed about all this, and continue to prepare for KC. KC seems to be ducking & diving, just trying to stay in the fight, they look like a wounded duck. It shouldn't be enough for us to just be competitive.

I'd like for us to dominate that game. I know LJ is supposed to be in their lineup and everything, but everything else is just blah.... I don't think there should be any question about who the better team is.

If it's a close game, we'll be in for a long, long season.
Old 08-26-2007   #3
Busa_Bill
Rookie

Just realized we are #1 in NFL for points scored at 80.

Busa_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #4
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The Texans looked pretty darn good in '06 preseason games, with the exception of the Denver game.... & it didn't translate.

Let's hope they don't get big-headed about all this, and continue to prepare for KC. KC seems to be ducking & diving, just trying to stay in the fight, they look like a wounded duck. It shouldn't be enough for us to just be competitive.

I'd like for us to dominate that game. I know LJ is supposed to be in their lineup and everything, but everything else is just blah.... I don't think there should be any question about who the better team is.

The QB that "looked good" in those games rarely got to play; Sage Rosenfels.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #5
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
The Texans looked great tonight in every facet of the game. I'm not gonna lie, they just raised my expectations!!!

JACOBY!!!
Agreed!
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I will admit that there is a different feel to this season and I've been impressed with Kubiak year #2. I think the talent level and consistency have been the difference. It is exciting.
Old 08-26-2007   #7
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll tell you what helps get your hopes up even more is that we have great depth.

"Late in the third quarter against Houston's backups, Romo badly underthrew Owens and was picked off by rookie Fred Bennett . It was Romo's last play of the night and he finished 14-of-22 for 197 yards."

They couldn't even get it done against our second team.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2007   #8
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, what got my hopes up was that our first stringers stuck it to Dallas's first stringers for three quarters. I don't think anyone can deny that their defense will be one of the best in the league and their offense should be pretty good as well.

I have been one of those people who write things off as "its only preseason, let's see what happens during the regular season," but this game may have changed the way I see it.

Old 08-26-2007   #9
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 26 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

I got all giddy after that Rosenfels/Anderson connection for a TD and with the play of JJ.

I had to temper it though. While everyone around me, walking down the ramp was going crazy like we won the Super Bowl, I had to get back grounded and realize that it doesn't count until the KC game. They have looked like a much improved team in all facets this preseason, but it has to transfer to the regular season. When/if it does, then this city will experience a bandwagon jump like we have never seen. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but just saying, for as excited as I am for the season, just to keep my sanity incase things don't work out, I have to tone down that excitement.

I know I need a Jones jersey though!
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #10
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
I got all giddy after that Rosenfels/Anderson connection for a TD and with the play of JJ.

I had to temper it though. While everyone around me, walking down the ramp was going crazy like we won the Super Bowl, I had to get back grounded and realize that it doesn't count until the KC game. They have looked like a much improved team in all facets this preseason, but it has to transfer to the regular season. When/if it does, then this city will experience a bandwagon jump like we have never seen. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but just saying, for as excited as I am for the season, just to keep my sanity incase things don't work out, I have to tone down that excitement.

I know I need a Jones jersey though!
Actually I think this win helps the fans so much and the atmosphere.

Reliant sells well, so just picture the Home-Field Advantage we should have if the Fans treated every game like that one. I think we/they will if we start off well, I think we can really cause some hell for the road teams.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
I'll tell you what helps get your hopes up even more is that we have great depth.

"Late in the third quarter against Houston's backups, Romo badly underthrew Owens and was picked off by rookie Fred Bennett . It was Romo's last play of the night and he finished 14-of-22 for 197 yards."

They couldn't even get it done against our second team.
Didn't our second string offense get into field goal position against their 1st team defense as well??

I really think this game says more about Dallas, than it does about us.

We'll see who the Texans are, come September 9th..... can we continue our regular season win streak??
Old 08-26-2007   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

If I am the Texans FO, I am making holding a press conference this afternoon encouraging fans to be the difference. I am challenging the fans to come with that intensity every Sunday. I am challenging the fans to be known to other teams BEFORE they enter the building.
Old 08-26-2007   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The difference between last season and this preseason is last preseason to me it looked like we came back to win games after our starters fell behind.

That's not as encouraging as putting the boots to a top NFC team for the entire game.
Old 08-26-2007   #14
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 26 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Actually I think this win helps the fans so much and the atmosphere.

Reliant sells well, so just picture the Home-Field Advantage we should have if the Fans treated every game like that one. I think we/they will if we start off well, I think we can really cause some hell for the road teams.
Let's not forget just a couple of years ago Reliant was a hell of a Home-Field Advantage for the Texans. As much grief as posters here give the fans for being quiet, the product on the field didn't exactly inspire excitement. This preseason, we have been going downfield, an actual aerial attack, aggressive defense, phenomenal special teams, etc. all have made it fun to watch the Texans. As long as it continues into the regualr season, the loud Reliant should be back.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

My hopes are up.

I am even saying we have a winning record this year.

Soft schedule, a couple of tough games but we got them at home.........

Go Texans!!!!!!!!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
Let's not forget just a couple of years ago Reliant was a hell of a Home-Field Advantage for the Texans. As much grief as posters here give the fans for being quiet, the product on the field didn't exactly inspire excitement. This preseason, we have been going downfield, an actual aerial attack, aggressive defense, phenomenal special teams, etc. all have made it fun to watch the Texans. As long as it continues into the regualr season, the loud Reliant should be back.
The fans were really good last night. Loud when they needed to be and actually quiet on offense.

Tons of the Cowboy postgame quotes talk about how the crowd noise gave them problems.
Old 08-26-2007   #17
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans_Chick, I think I saw you in the crowd on TV.
Old 08-26-2007   #18
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

If you remember when the Bronco game was last year it seems to point to why the Texans lost.

It was week 3 in the preseason when starters own the night and Plummer and co. made the offence look just as dreadful as they had been under Capers.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #19
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Texans_Chick, I think I saw you in the crowd on TV.
Me too. I'm almost positive it was her.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #20
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is easily the most excited I've been before a season. I think we're going to make some noise across the league.

rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read