Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2007   #21
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wow Jacoby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Who else is impressed with this guy? I was hugely skeptical of him in the NFL draft, but he is playing like a 10 year pro.

JACOBY! Who else has a new favorite player?
Jacoby da man! I have 1 question and 1 comment...

1. Can you say O.R.O.Y.? !!!
2. I hope when he makes the pro bowl this year as P/R, he doesn't get a head like Mathis did!

oh and off topic but how bout that juke move by owen daniels, lol!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #22
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Jacoby da man! I have 1 question and 1 comment...

1. Can you say O.R.O.Y.? !!!
2. I hope when he makes the pro bowl this year as P/R, he doesn't get a head like Mathis did!

oh and off topic but how bout that juke move by owen daniels, lol!
Ole miss good to see you round again.

I gotta admit i was skeptical as well..... but this kid is reallly impressive. I loved the punt return... i was watching with my brother in law who's a big coboys fan and he was floored.I was really impressed with the touchdown catch though.

The first team offense looked crisp and Schaub looked poised, made good decisions and delivered the ball well. Both sides of the ball looked good tonight against a pretty good team. I have a feeling about this team.

And yeah OD totally okey doked that guy.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #23
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had my doubts about Jones from a mental aspect. Physically, we all knew he had the ability, but I don't think anyone realisticly expected this level of production. He reminds me in sorts of a very young TO with his size and ability from a small school.
Old 08-26-2007   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Kinda reminds me of a young Randy Moss. He's fast and he can leap. I can hope, right?
Old 08-26-2007   #25
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you say "Offensive Rookie of the Year"?

Think the Chefs special teams coaches are up late tonight?
Old 08-26-2007   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

The only advice I would tell him is don't celebrate until you cross the goal line. He palms the ball in one hand and slows down 15 yards out. Knock it off Jacoby. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by MEGA SWATT; 08-26-2007 at 01:39 AM.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #27
quicksilver
Overweight

I just watched the post-game presser over on the official team site. Man, I am a huge fan of this kid. I love the way he talks about the game, the team, and playing at this level.
Old 08-26-2007   #28
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep saying this.....I really love this kid...his attitude, his drive, his confidence, his personality, and can he play football!

I must say, Rick Smith is some kind of player picking genius. He finds these guys no one thinks will ever be anything and the next thing you know - the "lost boys" become freaks.

Before the game tonight, Smith was down looking at the Cowboy defense practicing. We may have a Cowboy cast off soon if he liked what he saw. I trust Smith's judgment completely.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #29
AZwhoopr
Rookie

He's the real deal. But one thing that's really bothering me is the fact that I don't know the correct pronounciation of his name. Could someone help me out?lol. Is it..
Juh-cobee
Jake-uh-bee
or
Jack-uh-bee

funny question but I honestly don't know lol.
Old 08-26-2007   #30
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZwhoopr View Post
He's the real deal. But one thing that's really bothering me is the fact that I don't know the correct pronounciation of his name. Could someone help me out?lol. Is it..
Juh-cobee
Jake-uh-bee
or
Jack-uh-bee

That's the right way, but the cowgirls call him Daddy.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #31
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

first one.

juh-cobey
Old 08-26-2007   #32
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
The only advice I would tell him is don't celebrate until you cross the goal line. He palms the ball in one hand and slows down 15 yards out. Knock it off Jacoby. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
On Saturday he busted through the pack and then outran his last defender and began holding out the ball in front of him at the 10-yard line before flipping into the end zone.

Jones said coach Gary Kubiak had a message for him about that when he got back to the sidelines: ''He said 'Don't ever do that again,''' Jones said.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...756_recap.html
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #33
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

ok, cool.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #34
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

just look at the sig... me and jacoby told yall that he would prove lots of people's minds by the end of training camp... and look at him now.... YESSSSSSSSS
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #35
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

I'm sure they're busy cooking something
Old 08-26-2007   #36
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZwhoopr View Post
Juh-cobee
Jake-uh-bee
or
Jack-uh-bee

ROY (rookie of the year) Jones
Old 08-26-2007   #37
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
You know, that would be something if he was selected OROY. If he keeps playing the way he is playing now, and barring injury, he could get it. Remember, Colston was one of the front runners last year until he got hurt. People in NFL circles have to be talking about Jacoby now.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #38
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
"On Saturday he busted through the pack and then outran his last defender and began holding out the ball in front of him at the 10-yard line before flipping into the end zone.

Jones said coach Gary Kubiak had a message for him about that when he got back to the sidelines: ''He said 'Don't ever do that again,''' Jones said. "
That's hillarious!
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #39
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

I have to say I also had my doubts about Jacoby when we drafted him but was pulling for him after reading of his adversity in football and the fact that he was from a small school but man does this kid seem to have some game, a fantastic return and then an awesome Touchdown catch. I hope he manages to keep this up going into the season.

Im sure on the celebration front he is just attempting to find the perfect one to use. He still has a few dances to go at, Chads Irish jig, Cellphone, Sharpie and the Randy Moss moon.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #40
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Didn't know anything about Jacoby just like the rest of us when we drafted. I read some stuff about him being a diamond in the rough but until you see it yourself, you don't know whether its BS or not.

Well, its not BS. That guy is a baller and has the intensity and mindset that it takes to be successful in this league. Didn't like all the showboating due to him being a rookie but I'll take it any day if it means big plays like that.

He needs to talk to Adrian Peterson about the dangers of somersaulting into the end zone on a touchdown.

I <3 Jacoby

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read