Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-06-2007   #21
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Your Fantasy Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
LT was the #1 pick in my league, and I picked 8th. I'm sure hoping those rooks will have a good year, and I agree, I think they will both finish the year strong.

Not sure yet what to do with my WRs this week. Right now I'm leaning toward benching Harrison, but, GAWD, that's hard to do!! What do you think?
I think I would have to ask you to take a drug test if you benched Harrison. He is the surest thing as far as WR go. Plus it gives you added incentive to check out tonights game between Colts and Saints.

I sure hope your draft snaked where since you drafted #8 you also go to draft #9 overall in the 2nd round....if not, you are at a disadvantage but still have a hell of a team...good job
Old 09-06-2007   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
the way the league is set up scoring wise, i believe vince young is the most valuable quarterback possible

scoring is

1 point for every 25 passing yards
4 points for every passing touchdown

1 point for every 10 rushing yards
6 points for every rushing touchdown.

so to do some math, say peyton manning is peyton manning and goes.....280 yards, 2 tds, no int's.

thats a 19 point performance.

now, say vince is vince and goes....175 yards passing, 30 yards rushing, 1 throwing td, 1 rushing td....

thats a 20 point performance.

you see what im saying?

I knew that, I just take my VY (being a running back) shot whenever I can.... thats all.
Old 09-06-2007   #23
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
LT was the #1 pick in my league, and I picked 8th. I'm sure hoping those rooks will have a good year, and I agree, I think they will both finish the year strong.

Not sure yet what to do with my WRs this week. Right now I'm leaning toward benching Harrison, but, GAWD, that's hard to do!! What do you think?
well it took Harrison all of one series to prove his worth..i sure hope you started him. you just can't go wrong starting a Marvin Harrison.
Old 09-06-2007   #24
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

My team:

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew
RB - Thomas Jones
RB/WR - Marshawn Lynch
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Roy Williams
TE - Alge Crumpler
D/ST - Jacksonville
K - Jeff Wilkins

Bench:

QB - Jon Kitna
RB - Michael Turner
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Calvin Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
D/ST - Dallas
K - David Akers

I'm feeling pretty confident. I just dont know which TE to start.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #25
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 30516 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
My team:

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew
RB - Thomas Jones
RB/WR - Marshawn Lynch
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Roy Williams
TE - Alge Crumpler
D/ST - Jacksonville
K - Jeff Wilkins

Bench:

QB - Jon Kitna
RB - Michael Turner
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Calvin Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
D/ST - Dallas
K - David Akers

I'm feeling pretty confident. I just dont know which TE to start.
I would start Davis at least for the first week. You really don't know how Crumpler will pan out this year with Harrington at the helm.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #26
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Horses:

Donovan MacNabb / Eli Manning

Frank Gore / Deuce Mac / Warrick Dunn / Chester Taylor
Steve Smith / Deion Branch / Wes Welker/ Hines Ward / Darrell jackson
Ben Watson / Jason Witten - TE
Josh Scobee - K

Patriots D/ST

yeah, i know i'm going to be beastin'

Last edited by Mr teX; 09-07-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #27
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just dropped Wes Welker for Devin Hester for a bench spot. Good or Bad?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2007   #28
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I just dropped Wes Welker for Devin Hester for a bench spot. Good or Bad?
You dropped Wes Welker for Hester???
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #29
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

I have 3 leagues, but here is my team, The Filthy Gahkis (gahkis is Polish for underwear) from the league (Fat Guys in Tiny Coats) I've been playing with since 1997.

QB Leinart
RB1 Rudi Johnson
RB2 Thomas Jones
WR1 Javon Walker
R/W Ahman Green
R/W C Chambers
R/W Jacoby Jones
TE McMichael
K Kris Brown (HOMER)
D Jacksonville (it killed me to do this)

My reserves include Randy Moss, Jay Cutler, Wes Welker, and a host of others.

In retrospect, I wish I had drafted DEN defense instead. Also, I fear that my year hinges upon the success/demise of Leinart. He tears it up, and I figure I make a run at the championship.

I picked up a couple players on spec: JaMarcus Russell (we have a modified keeper league, so this was an investment in the future more than anything else), Dom Rhodes.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
You dropped Wes Welker for Hester???
Yep. I know Welker is in a good spot, but it was for a spot on my bench and I aready have 2 other Patriots (Brady and Maroney).
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007   #31
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Post your fantasy team (if you have one). I joined at NFL.Com. My team is:

The Guerillas:

QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Willis McGahee
RB2: Brian Westbrook
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2: Jerry Porter (I hope to get rid of him)
WR3: Laveranues Coles
TE: Owen Daniels
K: Shayne Graham
Defense: Cowboys
Here is an update on the best team (out of the five that I have):

Active:
T Brady A QB
B Westbrook A RB
W McGahee A RB
A Davis A WR
A Johnson A WR
H Ward A WR
O Daniels A TE
S Graham A K
D Cowboys A DST

Reserves:
B Roethlisberger RS QB
D Foster RS RB
J Jones RS WR
R McMichael RS TE
D Texans RS DST

Someone released Hines Ward, so I grabbed him quick (the guy wanted David Patton instead). Last week, I used Big Ben, Westbrook, McGahee, McMichael, Ward, Graham, and Saints defense (only gave me four points), and I still managed to lead my league with 125 points. My opponent had a full roster (and 90 points).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read