Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-18-2007   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default nice start

If last nights game with the Pats was any indicator of how the season will go for vince "I'll slap you" young, it's going to be a long painful one for him.

5/17/102 passing...well, thats about right on with last season actually, but the blindside hit from Harrison? That thing belongs on "You Got Jacked Up!" on ESPN! Then, trying to be a great "leader", he tried to score on a run play and got stuffed at the goal line with his head ending up about 3' below the Gillete Stadium turf.

Good stuff and I can't wait for it to show up on YouTube!
Old 08-18-2007   #2
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: nice start

There is no need to go to YouTube. Just go to NFL.com they have the video there. I saw it and loved every minute of it. I can't wait to see how the Texans D-Line performs against them this year.
Old 08-18-2007   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course Brady got beat around too and threw two interceptions so I guess he'll have a long season too. Just saying. Little too early for speculation.
Old 08-18-2007   #4
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Of course Brady got beat around too and threw two interceptions so I guess he'll have a long season too. Just saying. Little too early for speculation.
How dare you inject that kind of reality into this discussion?! In what way does that deride the Titans or Vince Young? That kind of perspective has no place on this board.
Old 08-18-2007   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
enjoyed the vince beat downs more though.

watching brady get pressured causes me concern for his fantasy value. if the titans can get to him, maybe he won't be quite as valuable as I had thought.

did I mention how much I enjoyed watching vince get beat down?
Old 08-18-2007   #6
real

Yeah VY looked to have a rough go at it yesterday...

Hopefully he'll look the same against us....
Old 08-18-2007   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
enjoyed the vince beat downs more though.

watching brady get pressured causes me concern for his fantasy value. if the titans can get to him, maybe he won't be quite as valuable as I had thought.

did I mention how much I enjoyed watching vince get beat down?
I wouldn't worry about it. I think he will still put up monster numbers and I really don't think they have their running game going yet with Maroney out. Hopefully he will get healthy.
Old 08-18-2007   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah...it was a rainstorm....I saw the game too and thought Young looked pretty good despite the dropped passes and the penalties that killed some of his first down completions.....but I guess it helps to watch the game instead of scan the stat line. Him getting up after Harrison rang his bell was impressive....he got hammered

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #9
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

It wasn't a good game at all for him, but let's not get ahead of ourselves--it was his first action this season.

It was great to see that goal line stuff though.
Old 08-18-2007   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

since I'm a rubbernecker at the scene of an accident, I've looked in on the titans board and the majority of posters who saw the game live, are slagging on vinces accuracy. Think I also read that Collins and their other backup didn't get sacked like vince did.

anyway, it's just preseason, but I'll stay optimistic that they keep letting him get hit like that.

Go Texans!

Old 08-18-2007   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

well it looked like a first preseason game for him...I read all the stuff here and expected to see worse...but I watched the game and it wasn't as bad as portrayed...kinda like it always is.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He showed that Texas blood when he got up right after getting jacked up. You knew he was going to do something right after he got up, too. I'm sure his O-line got roughed up by VY himself.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
well it looked like a first preseason game for him...I read all the stuff here and expected to see worse...but I watched the game and it wasn't as bad as portrayed...kinda like it always is.
yeah. he was definitely rusty and still isn't the most accurate passer in the game, but that isn't exactly news. it was a first game but he did get a whole half to play through and really never got on track. he will probably look better the remainder of the preseason but he definitely looked pretty mortal.

teams are now going to gameplan on him more and have one or even two spys on him and just let him have man to man coverage on the outside (his weakness throwing wise). this will help against his scrambling, preventing big plays by the RB or VY, and could result in a lot of interceptions over the middle when he tries to force it. there were a few throws last night that could have easily been picked off.

at the end of the day you don't bet against VY overcoming all this and getting things right by Week One. the problem is that the rest of the team is just pretty much awful outside of their DL. can he overcome that? only time will tell.

*drinks beer* here is to hoping that he has a bad year and we can whoop up on them 2 times this year. payback is a b*tch.
Old 08-18-2007   #14
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

While I dont put a whole lot of stock in preseason....

What that struck me, was how each QB handled a poor start. Vince seemed to let the adversity throw him a bit and never really settled back into his game. Brady came back out winging it and moving the ball like a pro.

And sure, that comes with experience and confidence, but it does make me wonder about Youngs ability to salvage much of a season with the roster around him, because he is certainly going to be seeing his share of adversity and uphill battles this year.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #15
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unless your name is Mario Williams
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #16
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
as expected.............you VY haters are so funny....it's like you guys are buzzards waiting for anything to go wrong with Vince...you make yourselves look pathetic (and you'll know who you are)

Last edited by The Dream; 08-18-2007 at 03:44 PM.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTexanFan View Post
Unless your name is Mario Williams
The difference here is what someone did the year before compared to one pre-season game. But I have also said the same about Mario's first pre-season game. I think that worry comes from his college scouting..that he took off plays and didn't have a motor. People are getting a little nervous is all. I'll withhold judgement.
Old 08-18-2007   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
There is no need to go to YouTube. Just go to NFL.com they have the video there. I saw it and loved every minute of it. I can't wait to see how the Texans D-Line performs against them this year.
175 rushing yards agains. 0 sacks, 2 hurries, 5 Broken tackles?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #19
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah...it was a rainstorm....I saw the game too and thought Young looked pretty good despite the dropped passes and the penalties that killed some of his first down completions.....but I guess it helps to watch the game instead of scan the stat line. Him getting up after Harrison rang his bell was impressive....he got hammered
In regular season I think he takes his head off.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
I can wait. Our defensive line looks like Swiss cheese on the running game, and they seem to dance a lot with offensive linemen on passing plays. I'd say this is, by far, the weakest squad on our team in spite of four first round picks.

VY will raise his game against the Texans, regardless of what kind of season the Titans might be having at the time. It is a fun rivalry to watch, but I'm never going to underestimate the kid. He's got the heart of a competitor, and combined with a chip on his shoulder, he'll be a thorn in our side during even our good seasons (whenever that might be).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read