Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-10-2007   #141
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TENNheads say Super Bowl for Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Got nothing to say about our 'backup QB', 'eh?
Of course not.........
Old 09-10-2007   #142
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Did well in the first game, Andre had a good TD reception, mostly due to his breaking that tackle, BUT a well thrown pass. Hit most of his passes, looked comfortable, gave up the ball only once. Still took a couple sacks, I didn't watch all the game were those his fault or O-Line or one of the "don't throw just take the sack"?

This was the Chiefs though... They're in a world of hurt right now, without that defensive TD your offense didn't score anymore than ours...
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #143
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ToneBlue View Post
Yeah I thought he did well too, thanks.

Hitting 61% of his passes, had a TD and a INT. Plus the win...

What more can you ask for
I'd ask for 16 of 22 for 225 yards or 73% and 10.2 avg. per pass with a 101.5 QB rating v. say... Oh, I don't know 11 of 18 for 78 yards or 4.3 avg. per pass and a QB rating 47.9.

I know, I know.... at least ya won...
Old 09-10-2007   #144
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'd ask for 16 of 22 for 225 yards or 73% and 10.2 avg. per pass with a 101.5 QB rating v. say... Oh, I don't know 11 of 18 for 78 yards or 4.3 avg. per pass and a QB rating 47.9.

I know, I know.... at least ya won...
You sound like one of those bean counters on ESPN Numbers are for the media, all he does is win.

Without Vince there's absolutely no way Chris Brown could have had 175 yards and LenDale ~70. Vince isn't just a passing QB, just him rolling out causes defenders to at least make sure he doesn't have the ball. Many plays Sunday were because of that reason. Running the counter to Chris Brown was killing them all game long. The Jags were taking away the intermediate/long passes, left short passes on screens and play actions. Maybe three long passes from the Titans all game, one to Scaife caught, one that was overthrown for an INT, then maybe one other I don't recall.

Ask yourself this: is Chris Brown really that good? If so why did no one want him for pretty much free when we gave him up to FA...
Old 09-10-2007   #145
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
You sound like one of those bean counters on ESPN Numbers are for the media, all he does is win.

Vince isn't just a passing QB,
Last time I checked, you were the one quoting stats......
Quote:
Hitting 61% of his passes, had a TD and a INT.

"Isn't 'just a passing quarterback'"?!?!?!? No worries... I would never confuse Vince as just a passing quarterback....
Old 09-10-2007   #146
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did well in the first game, Andre had a good TD reception, mostly due to his breaking that tackle, BUT a well thrown pass. Hit most of his passes, looked comfortable, gave up the ball only once. Still took a couple sacks, I didn't watch all the game were those his fault or O-Line or one of the "don't throw just take the sack"?
Every QB is going to get sacked. He got himself out of a bunch of them that would have left our previous QB in the fetal position. Schaub has a great pocket presence and obviously feels the pressure coming.

From what I recall (haven't had a chance to review the game again), one sack was the line and the other should have been picked up with a read.

AJ had a career game, though, both in longest reception and total receiving yards....and this is just his first game with Schaub.

I think it's time you Tits fans put down the crack pipes and admit that Schaub is no longer a backup, but someone that your team will have to account for when we play. (p.s. that means you'll be needing better smack that the rather weak "backup QB" take that y'all keep rolling out)

Quote:
Vince isn't a passing QB...
There, fixed it for you.
Old 09-10-2007   #147
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
You sound like a Jag fan. A win is a win. And a division win in Jax is even better.

Young after his preformance
If he is happy about that performance win or not then he is a worse QB than anyone could imagine. If he has that kind of performance next week then the game will be over at half time.
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2007   #148
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Last time I checked, you were the one quoting stats......

"Isn't 'just a passing quarterback'"?!?!?!? No worries... I would never confuse Vince as just a passing quarterback....
I put those out there because I already know the "well he only threw for 78 yards" would come into play (which it did in your post).

Eli and McCown threw for over 300 yards in a loss, Cutler barely pulled off a win after throwing for 300 (it was actually Walker that won the game with the last 5 catches bringing them into scoring range with some good grabs).

This also brings up a good point, if Vince is really that crappy as the (is that a bull?) think we are maybe you need to start worrying about the rest of our team being so great they can make up for him
Old 09-10-2007   #149
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
If he is happy about that performance win or not then he is a worse QB than anyone could imagine. If he has that kind of performance next week then the game will be over at half time.
Bringing the team within the redzone 4 times is a bad thing? That game could have easily been 28-10.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #150
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Bringing the team within the redzone 4 times is a bad thing? That game could have easily been 28-10.
Alas, it wasn't even close..... 13 points???!? That doesn't bode well for "his highness"!!
Old 09-10-2007   #151
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Alas, it wasn't even close..... 13 points???!? That doesn't bode well for "his highness"!!
I'm confused, you're saying when the offense scores only 13 points on one of the best defenses in the NFL is bad?

What would that mean when your offense only puts up 13 against the Chiefs... It's not hard to see they're an average at best defense.

Since you like stats
350 yards on Jags > 315 on Chiefs

Why pass when you are tearing them up on the ground, I thought you stayed with things that work. Although I understand as a Texan fan you might not know what that is yet, maybe with Schaub you might.
Old 09-10-2007   #152
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Since you like stats
350 yards on Jags > 315 on Chiefs
Since you like stats

219 yards by the Chiefs > 272 yards by the Jags

Plus the Texans D had more sacks, more INTs, more FF and allowed fewer points.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #153
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Since you like stats

219 yards by the Chiefs > 272 yards by the Jags

Plus the Texans D had more sacks, more INTs, more FF and allowed fewer points.
Seems you don't know anything about the discussion we were having, although felt right at home jumping in.

Heck I'll bite slow day at the office...

First of all we were talking about Vince and offensive side, not a single mention of defense.

Last year the only two teams that had a better rushing attack than the Jags were the Falcons and Chargers... They only got 74 yards of rushing out of the 158 a game (3 less than the Chargers). Had one long 47yard catch...

Sure you stopped Larry Johnson in his first game back when he got only 10 carries, not really the normal game to put him on pace for his 1000 carries this year... Who else do they have, 80 year old Gonzalez, rookie Bowe, injured Kennison, or the Supah Sammy Parker? As I said before, the Chiefs are hurting. Defense is maybe average, but is now just older. Offense is Larry Johnson, or dump to Gonzo. Haha this is sounding more like a Chief trash talking post...

Point is your defense did well, so did ours. I hope the Texans do play well then once they play the Titans there'll be no "David Carr"/"O-Line sucks" type of excuses
Old 09-10-2007   #154
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Could have been but it wasn't. 4 times in the red zone and only got 13 points and you are bragging?

Like I said if vy is hapy with his performance that does not say much about his football character. Most QBs not named carr would hate those stats.
Old 09-10-2007   #155
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Could have been but it wasn't. 4 times in the red zone and only got 13 points and you are bragging?

Like I said if vy is hapy with his performance that does not say much about his football character. Most QBs not named carr would hate those stats.
Winner of the first Carr jab in a thread award goes to.....

Specnatz!!!
Old 09-10-2007   #156
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

W

Last I checked the only stat that matters.

Try to come up with reasons to put down a division victory. I know it is tough but you are making a valient effort if that means anything.

Old 09-10-2007   #157
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
W

Last I checked the only stat that matters.

Try to come up with reasons to put down a division victory. I know it is tough but you are making a valient effort if that means anything.

Hate to say it, but Arrow is right.

W is everything. Good, bad, or lucky.

I don't think the tacks can sweep us this year though.

As much as I hate the Titans, the good news is we need the Jaguars to lose also.
Old 09-10-2007   #158
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

I do not understand the animosity towards the Titans right now.

Yes we may be the division leader but we also took down the Jaguars at home which puts them under the gun.

The Jags get to lick there wounds next week at home with Atlanta. I have a feeling the dog beaters are going to go down hard core but the true test will be back in Denver the following week.

It is almost sad to read this thread on the Jags MB.

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic340327-7-1.aspx

Old 09-10-2007   #159
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Good preformance from the numbers but I was not watching the game so I will make no comments on the preformance. A win is a win and in the end that is what you guys need.

If it makes replay I will let you know but I doubt it will.

Old 09-10-2007   #160
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do not understand the animosity towards the Titans right now.
why? I don't think our fan base will ever feel kindly to the Titans. I know we are a bunch of individuals and we all think for ourselves and we all do not think alike...but I think it is safe to say that most of the older long time fans won't ever like anything about the Titans. The Jags suck, but the Titans are still the team that split from Houston and Bud is still evil in our collective eyes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read