Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-05-2007   #81
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TENNheads say Super Bowl for Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Ok ... Vince is a miracle worker , I would not put him in the same sentence as Elway , Montana , Manning , and Brady just yet .
Dude, PUNCTUATION KILLS...

I just wanted to point it out before Flaming Arrow did.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #82
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
See the problem is you think the punch line has been said in this joke. I expect game 9 to be about the point when everyone "gets" it. There will be an added zinger next season round #2 of the draft.
Yes everyone will get it by week 9 and fully know how good the Texans really are and how great a runningback the titans have playing QB.

Why are the inbreds going to draft another player who has never ever been a starter at any level again?

Last edited by Specnatz; 09-05-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #83
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Ok ... Vince is a miracle worker , I would not put him in the same sentence as Elway , Montana , Manning , and Brady just yet .

What happens if Vince gets hurt ?

How many of your wins do you attribute to VY alone ?

VY will see defenses designed to keep him from making the big play with his feet ... how will he respond ?
He's not been running in preseason that much, and did very well in the 3 games so far with his arm. 2 of the 3 games were over 100qb rating with a rushing and passing td each.

The first preseason game he played in against the Patriots was nasty for both QB's. Tom Brady posted a 55.7QB rating and a couple picks, while Vince posted a 52.1 no int's (few sacks, one nasty one by HarrisonGH).

Vince's 25 rushing yards in preseason say he's standing in the pocket and passing more this year and becoming more accuarate, almost 70% in the last two games.

If he gets hurt....it'll be very bad for the team obviously.
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #84
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ToneBlue View Post
and becoming more accuarate, almost 70% in the last two games.

WOW!! Very David Carresque numbers.....
Old 09-05-2007   #85
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Has a nice ring to it ...
Seriously, bro', I'm a bit disappointed in you. You are usually a good smack talker, and I'm surprised that you'd bring such a lame attempt at...'humor'?...but it's reaching, at best.

Is this the best you've got? That our starting QB used to be a backup? Is that it?!

Maybe I just expect too much from tack fans, because this is one of the weakest takes I've ever seen.

More than disappointment, I kinda' feel sorry for you, representing yourself with such lameness and all. I would be ashamed to represent myself with what is obviously the product of the mentally challenged.

Old 09-05-2007   #86
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
WOW!! Very David Carresque numbers.....
Accept he was not sacked 25 times in 3 games a la Carr

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #87
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Accept he was not sacked 25 times in 3 games a la Carr
Carr thought he was playing duck,duck,goose .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2007   #88
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Seriously, bro', I'm a bit disappointed in you. You are usually a good smack talker, and I'm surprised that you'd bring such a lame attempt at...'humor'?...but it's reaching, at best.

Is this the best you've got? That our starting QB used to be a backup? Is that it?!

Maybe I just expect too much from tack fans, because this is one of the weakest takes I've ever seen.

More than disappointment, I kinda' feel sorry for you, representing yourself with such lameness and all. I would be ashamed to represent myself with what is obviously the product of the mentally challenged.

Wait until game 4 when it seems all is lost and you have QB starting who should be back at backing up. I know it is tough to accept right now but an unproven backup is going to stuggle.

What I find odd is a guy with 2 career starts has so much hype centered around him. The guy was not great coming out of college but now after mentoring under the prolific passing of Vick he has polished his game into a top tier QB with a large contract and to top it off you give up next year #2.

Old 09-05-2007   #89
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wait until game 4 when it seems all is lost and you have QB starting who should be back at backing up. I know it is tough to accept right now but an unproven backup is going to stuggle.

What I find odd is a guy with 2 career starts has so much hype centered around him. The guy was not great coming out of college but now after mentoring under the prolific passing of Vick he has polished his game into a top tier QB with a large contract and to top it off you give up next year #2.
wasn't lord vince at one point backing up the immortal kerry collins?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #90
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
wasn't lord vince at one point backing up the immortal kerry collins?
rookie or 4th year perennial backup ....

If you do not know the difference I really don't know where to start.

Old 09-05-2007   #91
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Do you actually know anything about football or do you just throw a bunch of comments on a page and see what sticks? Because so far you have made comments sounding more like you need more ESPNNEWS because you are talking out your backside versus decent smack.
Old 09-05-2007   #92
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So basically, you're admitting a rather severe lack of knowledge about other NFL teams, 'eh?

You do know about Falcons owner Blank and Mike Vick, right?

Or, are you just being obtuse as a personality trait?

He was a backup because nobody was going to start ahead of Vick.

Quote:
The guy was not great coming out of college....
Wha....?

Quote:
Matt Schaub finished his college career with at least 22 school records. He played in a record 40 games at the quarterback position and finished his career as one of the most accurate passers in Atlantic Coast Conference history (.670 career completion percentage). His Virginia statistics included school career records for yards passing (7502), touchdown passes (56), completions (716), attempts (1069), completion percentage (.670), 300-yard games (8), and 200-yard games (20).

Schaub was the 2002 ACC Player of the Year, 2002 ACC Offensive Player of the Year and first-team All-State Virginia Sports Information Directors Association (VaSID) as a senior. Publicized in the 2003 preseason as a Heisman candidate, Schaub suffered a shoulder injury in the first game of the season and did not return for several games; therefore his overall numbers declined in his senior season. He was the Most Valuable Player of the 2003 Continental Tire Bowl and was twice selected to the All-ACC Academic Football Team. His University of Virginia awards included the John Acree Memorial Trophy, given to the football player with the highest qualities of leadership and unselfish service, and the Ben Wilson Award as the teamís most outstanding offensive player.
Did you ask for a slow one when God was passing out brains and you thought he said trains?

If "he's a backup" is the best smack you've got, maybe I overestimated you.
Old 09-05-2007   #93
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It really does'nt matter because Pacman can't make plays from the street . Who's your CBs ?

I guess a ground attack may keep the super sub on the pine ... wait Travis Henry is now in Denver .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #94
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon now. The Tinnbreads did get "his highness" some help on offense..... I present to you.......... Eric Moulds!!!
Old 09-05-2007   #95
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Well if they guy gets some starting time maybe my smack will get better but right now Shammy has started two games career.

2 starts in 3 seasons = IR or Backup. I did not see any information on him being injured durning that period of time so ....

Check back in on Sunday. I am sure you will see the typical Arrow smack.

I was thinking sack counter but my sig is full already

Old 09-05-2007   #96
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Well if they guy gets some starting time maybe my smack will get better but right now Shammy has started two games career.

2 starts in 3 seasons = IR or Backup. I did not see any information on him being injured durning that period of time so ....

Check back in on Sunday. I am sure you will see the typical Arrow smack.

I was thinking sack counter but my sig is full already
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...aub/index.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul....html?bcnn=yes
It's not just us.
Old 09-05-2007   #97
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I'm pretty sure that the Green Bay faithful thank the Atlanta Falcons quite often - for not starting Favre either...
Old 09-05-2007   #98
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Did you ask for a slow one when God was passing out brains and you thought he said trains?

If "he's a backup" is the best smack you've got, maybe I overestimated you.
Moos who live in glass barns should not throw hay bails.

If this is your way of avoid the smack I might have given YOU to much credit.

trains brains? c'mon

Old 09-05-2007   #99
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

And Miami was suppose to be a power house last season under Culp. Believe it when I see it.

Texans, this years Dolphins!

Catchy?

Old 09-05-2007   #100
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
And Miami was suppose to be a power house last season under Culp. Believe it when I see it.

Texans, this years Dolphins!

Catchy?
Not as much as " Madden Curse strikes Again"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read