Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-25-2007   #41
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TENNheads say Super Bowl for Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Fantasy question for people who saw that game last night. I don't have NFLN.

How did Marshawn Lynch and Chris Brown look last night?
Lynch didn't have much running room. It looked like the Titans wanted to play 8 in the box and force Losman to beat them. Eventually, he did. I'm not sold on the Bills line, and I'm afraid of Anthony Thomas getting the bulk of the goal line carries. I have Lynch as about the 20th rated RB, now.

Chris Brown looked good, and worked some with the 1st team. It seems like he'll get some touches and will be a solid #2 back behind White. If you're thinking about taking White, Brown is worth a handcuff.
Old 08-25-2007   #42
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Have a good one and I won't take the personal attack personal since most people in the thread responded the same way did.
I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.
Old 08-25-2007   #43
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Lynch didn't have much running room. It looked like the Titans wanted to play 8 in the box and force Losman to beat them. Eventually, he did. I'm not sold on the Bills line, and I'm afraid of Anthony Thomas getting the bulk of the goal line carries. I have Lynch as about the 20th rated RB, now.

Chris Brown looked good, and worked some with the 1st team. It seems like he'll get some touches and will be a solid #2 back behind White. If you're thinking about taking White, Brown is worth a handcuff.
Thanks, Lucky. I tried to rep you, but have to spread it around. Lynch was the best RB available when I had my pick. I picked up Chris Brown off waivers because I think it's a matter of time before LenDale tanks.

Just an idea here....would anyone else be interested in a fantasy subforum so we don't have to derail smack threads?
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #44
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just an idea here....would anyone else be interested in a fantasy subforum so we don't have to derail smack threads?
We had one last year, right? I'll forward this to the powers that be.
Old 08-25-2007   #45
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Fantasy question for people who saw that game last night. I don't have NFLN.

How did Marshawn Lynch and Chris Brown look last night?

Brown looked decent but White probably has the job.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr Glass looked decent and White runs a bit too high too...he needs to watch game tape of Stephen Davis....Davis does a great job of keeping a low pad level for a big back.

I'm kinda eh on Lynch...he has good hands and will catch a lot of balls this year....my very early assessment of him has him rated at about the quality of the Lions Kevin Jones as far as overall quality. Not a bad back...but not one of the top backs in the game. I need to see more of him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #47
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
oh... that site! my bad... I won't even use my true name on that site. Too many women and children who really don't know anything more than score keeping... I really do agree then... maybe I'm that one percent...

you might as well refer to me as MuddMonsterTT.
I am not sure what to take from that reference to my alter, non banned, self on the Jags site.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2007   #48
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I am not sure what to take from that reference to my alter, non banned, self on the Jags site.
The problem with the Jags official board is much the same as it is with the Titans official board. I have an alter, non banned, self on the Titans board. Big deal. Very similar situation with myself. That's all.
Old 08-26-2007   #49
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
The problem with the Jags official board is much the same as it is with the Titans official board. I have an alter, non banned, self on the Titans board. Big deal. Very similar situation with myself. That's all.
I was just wondering. Titans super mod banned my IP addy at home. I have a work computer that I thought about joining with but I can't do it because of the first 3 letters in Titan. Our server at work blocks it.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
That drive was amazing....Young had showed why he was the player of the year last year standing tall in the pocket on those tough throws....and he almost scored on that broken play too...he has an insane skill set.
I watched the first half of the Titans game twice on NFLN. VY is a gamer, and if the Titans had put any talent around him, they'd be a serious contender.

There were several times that I thought he was down, but he's got that mad skill of finding a way to stay upright and make plays. The dropped reception in the endzone was a nice touch pass, and a QB can't put them any better than that. He needs some guys that can catch the freakin' passes, especially easy ones like that!

Young is going to be fun to watch as an NFL fan. Rivalry or not, I enjoy good football, and the kid is definitely a competitor that will make the most out of what he's given.
Old 08-29-2007   #51
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

man I just watched the replay of the bills game...Vince = amazing from what I saw.....his throwing looks better from last season...
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #52
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I watched the first half of the Titans game twice on NFLN. VY is a gamer, and if the Titans had put any talent around him, they'd be a serious contender.

There were several times that I thought he was down, but he's got that mad skill of finding a way to stay upright and make plays. The dropped reception in the endzone was a nice touch pass, and a QB can't put them any better than that. He needs some guys that can catch the freakin' passes, especially easy ones like that!

Young is going to be fun to watch as an NFL fan. Rivalry or not, I enjoy good football, and the kid is definitely a competitor that will make the most out of what he's given.
I agree that VY is a gamer and the Tacks are just as questionable a contender as we are at the moment. They have established a new core that will be more telling come regular season. VY is still just shedding his rookie status and has some learning to do but his sheer physical abilities offset the lack of hard nosed experience in the pros. Their running game will be average at best but, once again, that isn't including the wood VY will lay down on his own. VY will be what Vick wished he could be barring injury.

I predict that if the O-Line doesn't force VY to scramble every down and their secondary shows some coverage ability then they may best a .500 record.

For the record, I still hate the Tacks.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #53
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is Silver to tell me that 11-16 and 2 Tds was a horrible night compared to Collins stat rasiing 3-5 night.
Old 08-31-2007   #54
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Where is Silver to tell me that 11-16 and 2 Tds was a horrible night compared to Collins stat rasiing 3-5 night.
I will fill in for Silver.... "11-16 and 2 Tds was a horrible night compared to Collins stat rasiing 3-5 night" ..........j/k..... He had a good game, but the sun shines on a dogs ass some days....
Old 08-31-2007   #55
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I will fill in for Silver.... "11-16 and 2 Tds was a horrible night compared to Collins stat rasiing 3-5 night" ..........j/k..... He had a good game, but the sun shines on a dogs ass some days....
Thanks TB, it isn't a post-game without some VY smack.
Old 08-31-2007   #56
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Radio's a great athlete...there's no doubt about that.

I think it's laughable to predict a Super Bowl victory because you have a tremendous athlete at QB though.
Old 08-31-2007   #57
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Very nice

VY played into the third quarter. I would guess he was up against some really strong defenders.

Why they would they play their starter that much in the 4th pre-season game is beyond me. Oh well, whatever tugs their twig.
Old 08-31-2007   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh c'mon HuttoKarl.... Radio and VY don't look alike!!!!:

Old 08-31-2007   #59
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Seems to be really sunny in Tennessee this year

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #60
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK I'm back, I had to register again. That was weird.

I, for one, won't call out Super Bowl in the Titans near future. Thats a little ambitious in my book. I will say I am very excited for this year for two reasons:

1. The defense is looking stout both against the run and the pass. I realize its pre-season and they haven't faced a great rushing team but the tackling is so much better then it has been in past years. The pass defense seems to be truckin' right along without Pac.... We'll have to see ow the defense is as a whole after Jacksonville.

2. I have to admit I was worried coming into camp about VY. His intangibles are unmatched in this league but his accuracy problems cannot go unnoticed and were worrisome. I guess they still are, but two pretty good performances in the pre-season (theres that word again) are promising. I believe he is improving his passing game in the mental department as well despite his infamous wonderlic, he seems to be actually reading a defense this August as compared to earlier last season.

Those reasons coupled with the emergence of LenDale make me cautiously optimistic about this team.

Anyways, glad to be back posting. Hopefully I'll stay registered this time.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read