Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-25-2007   #21
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TENNheads say Super Bowl for Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've already had too much coffee this morning...and it's raining so I can't go out and mow the yard.

A good day to beat the Cowboys...I think we can agree on that.
Yes, but I hate having to wait until 7 PM for the game to start. I'm ready for it to start now. In all honesty, I'm ready for the Regular Season to start now.
Old 08-25-2007   #22
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Young was very impressive with guys draped all over him...and making very impressive throws...but don't let me ruin your stat line with reality.
I think Silver is so lost in trying to grasp at anything negative and the obvious fact he did not watch the game that he will pretty much say anything.

His current argument is that Young who went 13/16 169 1 TD 0 INT and ran another one in some how had a worst day then Collins playing the Bills second team D and went 5/6 72 2 TDs 0 INTs. I assume his only real argument is based on QB Rating because 169 is more then 72 last I checked. Someone who knew anything about football would realize that it might be good to have a backup that can play this well when needed. Just in case something where to happen to your starter.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #23
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Actually I think the 2006 draft only matters to people who are Saint and Titans fans. If you have'nt noticed it is only the trolls that bring it up.
When Mario eventually has to trade in for a peg leg you will hear about the 2006 draft again. Trust me.

Old 08-25-2007   #24
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Kerry Collins had a better night passsing the ball and scoring than their "HOF" qb did.

Looking at the stats, I don't see one sack by the hapless Bills, so I can only deduce the tinnhead o-line is a wall (doubtful), or the Bills played a vanilla defense without much pressure (more likely).

Good thing vince didn't have to play in some icky pooey rain this week huh BA?
Try watching the game. You would realize how far up your mouth your hoof is right now.

Old 08-25-2007   #25
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kerry Collins had a better night passsing the ball and scoring than their "HOF" qb did.

Looking at the stats, I don't see one sack by the hapless Bills, so I can only deduce the tinnhead o-line is a wall (doubtful), or the Bills played a vanilla defense without much pressure (more likely).

Good thing vince didn't have to play in some icky pooey rain this week huh BA?
I may have to take back what I said to SWT last week and make this the dumbest post I've ever seen. I mean last week you were calling for a long season. This week he has really good stats and makes plays and there is some childish taunts and some b.s. about Kerry Collins outplaying him. Good luck with that. I mean my goal is for the Texans to win but there is alot of sad stuff being thrown around because of some freaky obsession with one guy. At least sound realistic.
Old 08-25-2007   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I may have to take back what I said to SWT last week and make this the dumbest post I've ever seen. I mean last week you were calling for a long season. This week he has really good stats and makes plays and there is some childish taunts and some b.s. about Kerry Collins outplaying him. Good luck with that. I mean my goal is for the Texans to win but there is alot of sad stuff being thrown around because of some freaky obsession with one guy. At least sound realistic.
homers don't care about credibility...they are the sports fans version of ditto heads

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #27
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

One last comment here before I extract myself from the fun of rival smack, 'cause frankly I'm the mb version of Debby Downer this morning...it just hurts my soul to think that other NFL fans lurk here and think that Texans NFL fans really think like Casserly does (no eye at all for talent). I look at the Titan board and think that I've never seen as big a bunch of delusional pollyanna fans in my life...'cause they are all blind homers. I hate to think others see us like that as well.
...obviously, this is an ongoing issue with me.

Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2007   #28
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vinny, you know better than to speak in absolutes.
Old 08-25-2007   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
Vinny, you know better than to speak in absolutes.
ok you are right, only 99% of the fans that post on the official site mb are pollyanna homer fans!

Old 08-25-2007   #30
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ok you are right, only 99% of the fans that post on the official site mb are pollyanna homer fans!
oh... that site! my bad... I won't even use my true name on that site. Too many women and children who really don't know anything more than score keeping... I really do agree then... maybe I'm that one percent...

you might as well refer to me as MuddMonsterTT.
Old 08-25-2007   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
oh... that site! my bad... I won't even use my true name on that site. Too many women and children who really don't know anything more than score keeping... I really do agree then... maybe I'm that one percent...

you might as well refer to me as MuddMonsterTT.
I think we are on the same page....gotitans is a much superior site if you want to find a few reasonably unbiased takes. I probably go overboard on my anti-homer stuff sometimes....I need a 12-step program methinks.

Old 08-25-2007   #32
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
They're making Vince Young sound like messiah. Now I know he's supremely talented, but there's no way he can single-handedly lead the Titans to the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. They're inhaling the same stuff Pacman is.
I think he can lead them to the playoffs (he almost did last year), but yeah I agree on the superbowl thing.................
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #33
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
One last comment here before I extract myself from the fun of rival smack, 'cause frankly I'm the mb version of Debby Downer this morning...it just hurts my soul to think that other NFL fans lurk here and think that Texans NFL fans really think like Casserly does (no eye at all for talent). I look at the Titan board and think that I've never seen as big a bunch of delusional pollyanna fans in my life...'cause they are all blind homers. I hate to think others see us like that as well.
...obviously, this is an ongoing issue with me.
It is better to believe in ones team then constantly settle for mediocrity. It got the Titans to 8-8 in a season we were supposedly out to pasture if you don't mind the pun.

This season we have guys back from injury, we are more balanced on the D side of the ball and our QB is looking good and moving the ball. Allot of those "homers" as you call them just understand the team better then a Texans fan believing media hype.

My Fantasy draft is in 10 minutes have to warm up

Old 08-25-2007   #34
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Please be sure to come back here and post when your team is going into their Bye Week at 0-3 for the Season, Blazing Arrow.
Old 08-25-2007   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
It is better to believe in ones team then constantly settle for mediocrity. It got the Titans to 8-8 in a season we were supposedly out to pasture if you don't mind the pun.

This season we have guys back from injury, we are more balanced on the D side of the ball and our QB is looking good and moving the ball. Allot of those "homers" as you call them just understand the team better then a Texans fan believing media hype.

My Fantasy draft is in 10 minutes have to warm up
I believe in my team...I'm just not delusional.

Old 08-25-2007   #36
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

I was here last year. I just lost my stats.

Where is HarryJ? I feel like I know nothing about the Eagles this season.

Old 08-25-2007   #37
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
I believe in my team...I'm just not delusional.
So I'll mark you down for a 3-13 finish for the Texans? Sweeping the Jags again of course.

Old 08-25-2007   #38
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Forum name:

Rivalry Talk Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Read and study the underlined part Frog.

Who are you to judge the merit or value of anyones post? I find 1/2 of your posts to be arrogant and full of intolerant opionions, but the differnce is difference I don't post replies as to how silly I find them, I just ignore them. Perhaps you should do the same to those that offend your sense.
Old 08-25-2007   #39
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Fantasy question for people who saw that game last night. I don't have NFLN.

How did Marshawn Lynch and Chris Brown look last night?
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #40
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Forum name:

Rivalry Talk Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Read and study the underlined part Frog.

Who are you to judge the merit or value of anyones post? I find 1/2 of your posts to be arrogant and full of intolerant opionions, but the differnce is difference I don't post replies as to how silly I find them, I just ignore them. Perhaps you should do the same to those that offend your sense.
That was lighthearted, thus the reference to SWT. If this was the first time I've seen you overkill a VY thread it would be different. You pretty much did the same about Carr. Sorry you find my opinions so intollerant and arrogant. I've never told people how to think and have pretty much kept a profile around here that isn't homerish and really just express pure football opinions. I tend to think 90% on here appreciate it. I have a feeling this goes back to the Carr times but call me crazy. I find your sentiment funny though since you say how dare I judge your opinion when you just did the same about mine. I just try and blend a posters rep with their current take and yours seemed to be a random shot at VY that really made no sense. Last weeks did. This weeks didn't. I will take a shot at the Titans when warranted. Have a good one and I won't take the personal attack personal since most people in the thread responded the same way did.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read