Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-23-2007   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would Reggie Williams be a good #2 WR for the Texans?

http://www.kffl.com

Jaguars | Williams on the bubble
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:23:50 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Jacksonville Jaguars WR Reggie Williams could be cut from the team Monday, Aug. 27, or Tuesday, Aug. 28.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Reggie Williams be a good #2 WR for the Texans?

We need for them to release some safties and cornerbacks
Old 08-23-2007   #3
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

This is a subject that pains me personally. I am a very enthusiastic Washington Husky fan (yes, I know I'm cheering for two teams the media loves to ridicule) and Reggie was an absolute phenom for them. That guy could turn a five yard hitch into a 90 yard TD leaving guys in the dust. Just sick the difference between him and the other players on the field. He would regularly light guys up for 150 or 200+ yards in a game.

But alas, he gets to Jacksonville and can seem to do nothing right. I don't know what happened to him, but I can't see how Kubiac would want a guy who seems to be questioned for heart and work ethic.

Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than for Reggie to go someplace else and suddenly show all that talent. (He has the speed and size no doubt) I just don't think he sounds like a good risk given his free fall on the Jacksonville roster.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're pretty good where we are at with out WR as of now. I think that offense as a whole for WR is a blackhole.

Off the top of my head he'll prolly get workouts from the Titans, Vikings possibly and prolly some other darkhorse team like the browns or 49ers who could prolly still use some WR help.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #5
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

While there probably shouldn't be any connection between pro teams and college teams when considering who signs players and where, I wouldn't be surprised if Reggie didn't get a shot in Seattle based on his popularity there. Several former huskies have emerged under Holmgren. Fan excitement sells tickets, and Reggie would excite folks in Seattle more than anywhere else.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

We already have a better "Reggie Williams" type receiver on our roster. His name is Kevin Walter.

Reggie Williams is a undersized TE, he just needs to bulk up already and make the transition. That guy has never even had a 100 yard receiving game in his career as a #1 receiver.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Previous years I think we would have taken a long hard look, but not anymore... Jones is our #2 of the future, Walter is our #2 for the moment and Mathis is finally fit.

No need to look further afield.
Old 08-23-2007   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
We need for them to release some safties and cornerbacks
This is a very true statement.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read