Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Texans will beat the Chiefs and here is why:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- His 25-day holdout made Larry Johnson the most highly paid player in Kansas City Chiefs history. The Pro Bowl running back is not sure, however, if it will make him ready for a full role in the season opener.

Asked Wednesday if he thought he'd be 100 percent ready by Sept. 9 when the Chiefs open at Houston, Johnson said, "No, it'll take a little bit more than that."

Old 08-23-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans will beat the Chiefs and here is why:

I agree, if we can get a couple of doots on our side, we will walk away with a win.
Old 08-23-2007   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this mean he'll rush for only 100 yards instead of 150? Regardless, I still like our chances even if he was 100%. Damon Huard or Brodie Croyle starting doesn't exactly strike fear in opposing defenses. And KC's offensive line is depleted with the loss/retirement of some of their old mainstays.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #4
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Does this mean he'll rush for only 100 yards instead of 150? Regardless, I still like our chances even if he was 100%. Damon Huard or Brodie Croyle starting doesn't exactly strike fear in opposing defenses. And KC's offensive line is depleted with the loss/retirement of some of their old mainstays.
Yeah, but they also lost Black, that should make them better..............
Old 08-23-2007   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Their best defensive player isn't playing either...and if we get Wesley im sure we'll interrogate him to find out their defensive gameplans just like the Bills did to Lawyer Milloy before they annihilated the Patriots on opening day a few years back.
Old 08-23-2007   #6
AZwhoopr
Rookie

Ha if they don't have LJ for the game vs. us I have no doubt in my mind that we'll win this one lol. LJ is a crucial part of their offense. Especially since they're QB status isn't exactly the best in the league. I'd be much prouder of our team if we beat em with LJ playing though. That'd pump me up!

EDIT: Misread thinking that it said he might not play. Oh well lol.

Last edited by AZwhoopr; 08-23-2007 at 03:13 AM.
AZwhoopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #7
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Larry Johnson at "not quite full strength" > our running backs... so I'm hoping you're not suggesting that we're going to win based on comparing the running games.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2007   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually think the absense in TC will help keep him fresh. Historically after a 400+ carry season RB's are depleted. It'd be a BIG bonus if they can get Priest Holmes back this year.

KC needs to bite the bullet and Herm Edwards needs to say it. REBUILDING. I jsut don't see them havinga big year unless someone in that WR corps steps up and they somehow manage to plug the holes left by retirement in the OL and McIntosh's injury. Doesn't help Jared Allen is suspended upfront on the DL for 4 games.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #9
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

i dunno LJ is good nothing we can do about it he can be at 80 percent and run ppl over or at 100 and run ppl over

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don' think LJ being 85% fit is going to make much difference, he knows the system already and they have ok RB depth to give him a breather.

Bigger issues for them are QB inexperience, OL depth and talent, and continued defense inadequacies plus Herm Edwards quetionable game management.

I am confident that we win this one.

Old 08-23-2007   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if LJ do not play, Priest Holmes and Michael Bennett combined could more than make up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #12
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
just like the Bills did to Lawyer Milloy before they annihilated the Patriots on opening day a few years back.
I would rather end up like the Pats in that scenario. Didn't they go on to win the Super Bowl?
Old 08-23-2007   #13
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Larry Johnson at "not quite full strength" > our running backs... so I'm hoping you're not suggesting that we're going to win based on comparing the running games.

Mike
Sadly, I must agree with Mike. LJ can threaten at less than 100%. And with their dreadful options at QB, you know he'll have the rock all night long!

At least our LBs will know who they're looking for at most of the snaps. To win, we'll have to force them to throw.

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Even if LJ do not play, Priest Holmes and Michael Bennett combined could more than make up.
Priest may not be there either, as his "return" is questionable. I would take for granted that LJ will be back in full force, and game plan to that end. Our DL has injuries that will undoubtedly compromise us on opening day, and the noninjured members for the most part have not shown what we would like to have seen thus far. All in all, we've been respectable with our run defense, but will it hold up with a motor like LJ? And if they manage to contain the KC run game with the concentration of players on or near the line, will the secondary hold up to even an occasional passing "surprise" (luck or otherwise) that KC's mediocre QB is bound to show them? Maybe, we'll get a better idea after the Girlies' game.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I actually think the absense in TC will help keep him fresh. Historically after a 400+ carry season RB's are depleted.
Totally agree !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #16
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl-brit View Post
Sadly, I must agree with Mike. LJ can threaten at less than 100%. And with their dreadful options at QB, you know he'll have the rock all night long!

At least our LBs will know who they're looking for at most of the snaps. To win, we'll have to force them to throw.
Are their QB options dreadful? Huard looked good in his time last year, granted I haven't paid any attention to them this year but, I still have a hard time believing this game is going to be a walk over. No team in the NFL is. I guess I will be paying attention to the Cheifs game this week, Croyle will get the start.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The Texans defense strikes fear in no one except for their fans.

Signed,
Mark Brunell
totally fierce quarterback
Old 08-23-2007   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The Texans defense strikes fear in no one except for their fans.

Signed,
Mark Brunell
totally fierce quarterback
That's cold, T_C.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus it is Liberty White Day and everyone in the stands will be wearing white. How are they going to deal with that?

Although I was never sure if it worked at Miami Heat games.
Old 08-23-2007   #20
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Looks to me like Priest is a longshot to even make the team. I think he's in the same boat Dom Davis was in last year.

He can't get off the PUP list and is questionable for the regular season.

LJ's gonna play.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read