Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-22-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dogs seized in Vick investigation face deadline, could be euthanized

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2986955

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. -- More than 50 pit bulls seized from Michael Vick's property face a Thursday deadline to be claimed. If no one comes forward, they could be euthanized.

Federal prosecutors filed court documents last month to condemn 53 pit bulls seized in April as part of the investigation into dogfighting on the Vick's property. No one has claimed any of the dogs, which are being held at several unspecified shelters in eastern Virginia, the U.S. Attorney's office said Wednesday.

sadly, I thought of this earlier this week. I mean what do you do with any dog that was trained to fight..I thought... They can't be family dogs because of what has happened to them... so i thought they would be euthanized.

however.. only solution I could think of is if these dogs possibly could be turned over to the police for k-9 or to the military..that is the only hope for any of these dogs..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #2
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dogs seized in Vick investigation face deadline, could be euthanized

If they are euthanized, it seems like some sick form of irony to me.
Old 08-22-2007   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default Re: Dogs seized in Vick investigation face deadline, could be euthanized

Honestly I'm not sure even they would want them...I assume most their dogs that go through training begin very young with no previous training of any kind.

It's terrible for it to end this way but it might be the only option.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
Honestly I'm not sure even they would want them...I assume most their dogs that go through training begin very young with no previous training of any kind.

It's terrible for it to end this way but it might be the only option.
true... probably too late
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #5
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1858 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

They have to put them down. If they don't we will read on CNN.com that someone has been killed by one of the dogs.
Old 08-23-2007   #6
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Ok, gotta point it out in spite of my feelings on the whole matter.

Vick kills 8, the government kills 50?

Ya know you're gonna get this defense from those who support him
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!

Last edited by FirstTexansFan; 08-23-2007 at 07:11 AM. Reason: punctuation
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #7
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

They will be humanely put down - not tortured. Big difference.
Old 08-23-2007   #8
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, I'm not defending Vicks actions, I'm pointing out what you're gonna hear from that side. To respond to your statement. I'm not sure how you can use humanely, and death in the same sentence. To me, death is death, some methods seem more horrendous than others, but I personally wouldn't choose any of them for myself
Old 08-23-2007   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post

The government has to put them down because of Vick. These dogs won't be able to safely interact with other dogs or humans and are a risk.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #10
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

No disagreement at all with your arguments guys, the guilty party is Vick. But have you ever tried to reason with the unreasonable?
Old 08-23-2007   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

they should put them on Ebay

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #12
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
they should put them on Ebay
A judge in Houston tried that last year in the big dog fighting case last year

"Update August 24, 2006 As you may know from the posts below, Texas Justice of the Peace Phil Fitzgerald has refused to allow the puppies of the 225 adult pit bulls seized from a breeder, to be spayed/neutered. There is no appeal from that order.

The judge has also ordered the pit puppies shall be sold at auction. "

This was a well thought out judicial decision
Old 08-23-2007   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again, I'm not defending Vicks actions, I'm pointing out what you're gonna hear from that side. To respond to your statement. I'm not sure how you can use humanely, and death in the same sentence. To me, death is death, some methods seem more horrendous than others, but I personally wouldn't choose any of them for myself
exactly.

And don't forget, all of us pay for dogs and cats to be killed by the pound everyday with our tax dollars.

Don't get it twisted. Vick is going to jail for setting up for being involved in interstate dog fighting and gambling. The horrid details of how he killed the loser dogs were inserted just to paint him to be more of a villain.
Old 08-23-2007   #14
real

Some of these dogs are probably not fully grown...

I would imagine that some, not all, can be saved....
Old 08-23-2007   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

why don't we let vick drown them for auld lang syne....

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 08-23-2007   #16
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why don't you adopt a few SWT, seeing that they were owned by Vick.

Just bustin your chops man.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #17
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of them dogs would make some good hog hunting dogs.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Why don't you adopt a few SWT, seeing that they were owned by Vick.

Just bustin your chops man.
girlfriend veto'd. i tried.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 08-23-2007   #19
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40369 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or better yet, let's drown Vick. No Auld Lang Syne needed.
Old 08-23-2007   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He should be charged with there deaths as well since he mistreatd them and now have to be put down out of mercy, he is still at fault.

I think anyone who still supports vick should have to spend the night with a few of those dogs and in the morning if they are still alive re-ask them if they support mike vick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read