Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-22-2007   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NAACP official: Vick shouldn't be banned from NFL

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/22/vick/index.html

Why are these guys involved, especially when there is no issue of race in this case? This is an issue for PETA not the NAACP.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NAACP official: Vick shouldn't be banned from NFL

They just made themselves look like morons. Vick should be suspended and I will not watch a game in which he plays.
Old 08-22-2007   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote from article:
"White also said he didn't understand the uproar over dogfighting, when hunting deer and other animals is perfectly acceptable."

In that case, I have no problem with them killing the dogs as long as they eat them. That's a rule that 99% of the "hunters" abide by.
Old 08-22-2007   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

The same guy came out and made a similar statement a few weeks ago. Just another Vick fanboy trying to use his position as head of the Atlanta Chapter to inject race into the issue.

The national body of the NAACP still hasn't gotten involved to my knowledge.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Each time the NAACP steps up into something like this Martin Luther King roles over in his grave. With as many things that happen in this country that they should be speaking out on they have to open their mouth and insert thy foot on this kind of crap.

Now that is just being out of touch with reality.

By the way if Mr White was caught dogfighting I wonder if he would keep his job.
Old 08-22-2007   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I honestly believe that if Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr knew what was happening with his organization he would roll over in his grave. There is still discrimination in this country that the NAACP should be looking at and working towards fixing. This is just an example of a person trying to create a name for himself, and he should be ashamed of his actions.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

White is an *****.... I love this gem:

Quote:
"We feel that whatever the courts demand as a punishment for what he has done, once he has paid his debt to society, then he should be treated like any other person in the NFL," White said.
It should have read like this you moron:

Quote:
"We feel that whatever the courts demand as a punishment for what he has done, once he has paid his debt to society, then he should be treated like any other person in the NFL that has pleaded guilty to a dog fighting felony which also included gambling," White said.
Duh...... I think thats what Roger Goddell is considering right now.
Old 08-22-2007   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy is a laughingstock. I was just reading about it on ESPN and these things floored me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2986382

Excuse #1 and Letting a Guy Off the Hook:

Quote:
White said the Atlanta chapter supports Vick's decision to accept a plea bargain if it's in his best interest, but he questioned the credibility of Vick's co-defendants, saying an admission of guilt might be more about cutting losses than the truth.

"At this point, you're not looking at guilt or innocence," White said, referring to the possible harsher sentence Vick could have received had he taken his case to trial and been found guilty. "You're thinking, 'What I better do is cut my losses and take a plea.' But if he saw this as the best thing to do at this point for his future, then I think he made the correct choice."
And #2

Quote:
"His crime is, it was a dog," White said.
Whatever moron
Old 08-22-2007   #9
real

Ok...This is D-u-m-b....

Vick SHOULD be banned from the NFL...

The fool committed a freaking felony...

No one else can commit a felony and expect to go back to their corporate job, or any kind of job for that matter....

Vick needs to find work where he can. The NFL doesn't have to do a damn thing.
Old 08-22-2007   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
By the way if Mr White was caught dogfighting I wonder if he would keep his job.
If I were caught dogfighting, I would need lots of stitches and hospital time before I could go back to work.

Maybe a rabies shot.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. White, how can you make such asinine remarks?!?!!?!!?
Old 08-22-2007   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL should ban this guy just to save some face with the image of the league. Just imagine the circus that is going to be in every visiting city that Vick plays in. There will probably be a protest in every city, outrageous signs everywhere, fans booing everytime he touches the ball, etc.

True, he didn't go OJ and kill humans, however he murdered innocent dogs and that tends to pull at people's emotions. Whether it's right or wrong, in movies people tend to get more emotional when animals die more than when people do.
Old 08-22-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sorry but ever since I saw the NAACP get upset over a hispanic female get named as head of the Dallas Indipendent school district, I have no respect for the organization.

It is a money making enterprise and that is it.
Old 08-22-2007   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

To me is it simply amazing how uneducated and ignorant some sectors of the community are. When these Einsteins equate hunting to dog fighting and actually have a straight face, it tells me how out of touch with humanity they are, and how low their character is to condone such a disgusting practice. Sure, that hamburger you ate today didn't die of old age...but it wasn't tortured and forced to fight for the right to live for the amusement of a bunch of shallow idiots.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Does anyone else find humor in the fact that the head of ATL's NAACP chapter is named white?
Old 08-22-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
To me is it simply amazing how uneducated and ignorant some sectors of the community are. When these Einsteins equate hunting to dog fighting and actually have a straight face, it tells me how out of touch with humanity they are, and how low their character is to condone such a disgusting practice. Sure, that hamburger you ate today didn't die of old age...but it wasn't tortured and forced to fight for the right to live for the amusement of a bunch of shallow idiots.
Word.

When hunters start catching deer and making them fight to the death in a brutal blood sport, then I'll feel the same way about hunters (which technically would not make them "hunters" anymore).

Hunters perform the same actions that a butcher performs. One shot kills are what they strive for, and it is not about enjoying the brutality of animals viscously killing each other for sport.

The only people that I will grant any respect for this comparison are true vegans (no part of their life has anything remotely connected to using animals). I might still find them to be a bit whacko, but I'd respect their dedication to living the mentality.

Everyone else that compares dog fighting to deer hunting are just stupid, though.
Old 08-22-2007   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageFerguson View Post
Does anyone else find humor in the fact that the head of ATL's NAACP chapter is named white?
When you posted this I wondered if there where a White Supremacist named Black. Sure enough there is. Oh the irony!

http://www.stormfront.org/dblack/press101997.htm
Old 08-22-2007   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hunters are well regulated and licensed. There are permits, safety courses, background checks, bag limits, game wardens...i could go on and on. Hunters and fishermen are responsible people. I am a hunter. We don't shoot the deer in its hoof to watch it limp around for a little bit for our own amusement. One shot kills are the credo. No pain, no realization, just food. I feel sorry for fish, what with the whole hook/asyphiaxtion thingy, but what can you do

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
When you posted this I wondered if there where a White Supremacist named Black. Sure enough there is. Oh the irony!

http://www.stormfront.org/dblack/press101997.htm
LMFAO!! That is too funny!
Old 08-22-2007   #20
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57261 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

When SWT actually agrees with the majority on this, you know the man is a jackass of the highest order. This guy makes Paris Hilton look like Socrates in comparison.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read