Game Day: Texans at Broncos

Vinny

shiny happy fan
game8.jpg

Game Center

Pre Game notes

Bronco Message Board

Did you know?

The Texans have outscored their seven opponents by a 64-31 margin in the fourth quarter. The Texans have scored 158 points this season. They had 121 points through through seven games last season and 104 through seven games in 2002.

Injury Report

Updated Friday 11/5/04

Texans
S Jason Simmons: Head (Out)*
WR Corey Bradford: Groin (Probable)
QB David Carr: Ankle (Probable)
DT Jerry Deloach: Ankle (Probable)
S Glenn Earl: Hip (Probable)
CB Aaron Glenn: Chest (Probable)
CB Kenny Wright: Knee (Probable)

Broncos
DT Trevor Pryce: Back (Out)*
S John Lynch: Pelvis (Out)*
RB Tatum Bell: Hamstrong (Questionable)
LB Patrick Chukwurah: Knee (Probable)
CB Willie Middlebrooks: Hamstrong (Probable)
G Dan Neil: Groin/Knee (Probable)
CB Lenny Walls: Shoulder (Probable)
WR Darius Watts: Shoulder (Probable)

STATUS DEFINITIONS
Probable -- 75% chance player will play in the game
Questionable -- 50% chance player will play in the game
Doubtful -- 25% chance player will play in the game
Out -- player will not play in the game
** -- missed practice
*-- missed portion of practice

tireless work but someones gotta do it, thanks Vinny. Notice no mention of Todd Wade thats excellent news, however I'll be watching closely for cut blocks I hope he & the rest of the Texans don't sustain any serious injurys :thumbup

The Broncos have a lot of tradition and excellence playing in Mile High Denver that alone should be incentive enough to bring the "A" game what the national exposure/media covers seems to me irrevelent. The Texans should not worry about respect or lack there of as long as they keep winning, the thrill is in the continous improvement & exacution of the game plan the coaching staff configures on a weekly basis, everything else will just fall into place :soapbox:

Great stuff as always Vinny.

Some additional info:

TEXANS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense - 99.9 yards per game (25th in NFL); Passing Offense - 261.3 ypg (6th); Total Offense - 361.1 ypg (9th). Rushing Defense - 113.9 ypg (18th); Passing Defense - 233.7 ypg (25th); Total Defense - 347.6 ypg (24th).

BRONCOS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense - 137.6 yards per game (5th); Passing Offense - 251.0 ypg (8th); Total Offense - 388.6 ypg (5th). Rushing Defense - 106.5 ypg (10th); Passing Defense - 160.6 ypg (3rd); Total Defense - 267.1 ypg (4th).

The Texans and Broncos meet for the first time ever.

Houston has won four of its last five games, including two in a row. The Texans have never won three straight.

The Texans have allowed just 13 first quarter points, tied with Washington for the fewest in the league.

Houston QB David Carr needs one touchdown pass to set a new single-season career high. Carr has thrown a TD pass in six consecutive games, also a career best.

Denver has lost two in a row, including a crushing 41-28 loss to Atlanta at home last week. The Broncos had 567 yards of offense, including 499 passing yards in the loss.

The Broncos have allowed just six sacks this season, including none in four of their eight contests.

Denver WR Ashley Lelie has a touchdown reception in each of the last three home games.

Broncos QB Jake Plummer has 15 touchdown passes in his first eight games, and is just three shy of his career high of 18 set in 2001 and 2002 with Arizona.

A Jag fan is Cheering on the Texans to win :thumbup

3131216_7_1.jpg

Just sitting in my hotel room in Denver waiting for the time to go to the stadium. This IMO will be a VERY tough game to win for us, but we can do it. Glad ya'all are fired up and cheering! Go Texans!

I saw the commerical for the piece on The Texans last night , got busy with my kids so had to miss it. I would like to beat a AFC Team that has been a winner for some time

GO TEXANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JackDizzle said:
Who are we playing again? I seem to have forgotten. lol:

Hey its a Bye week for us, and besides your cheerleaders are better looking.

Tampa is up 28-24 :woot

The Broncos are blitzing the corners a lot and the Texans are doing quick screens when they do that.

CBS is ticking me off, they wait for the clock to read 0s and the bills already won. now commercials....i want to see my TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kansas City 31 Final
Tampa Bay 34

Washington 17 Final
Detroit 10

NY Jets 17 Final
Buffalo 22

Philadelphia 3 Final
Pittsburgh 27

Arizona 24 Final
Miami 23

Dallas 3 Final
Cincinnati 26