Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2007   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 139472 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Should'nt we have a player on this list ?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html
Old 08-21-2007   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should'nt we have a player on this list ?

Our receivers are too fast for this list.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #3
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 23119 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'd say we have three if we're talking speed. AJ, Jones, and Mathis.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

If Troy Williamson is on there we should have at least two. JJ didn't time as well as he runs. Mathis may not be on there because they are looking for starting WR's.
Old 08-21-2007   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 139472 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought AJ and Mathis finished 2nd in the NFL's fastest man competition . They were beat by Allan Rossum and Deangelo Hall ... both dbs .
Old 08-21-2007   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131726 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Prisco had an article the other day and stated that Andre Johnson isn't on anyone's radar and called him the great unknown (or something like that).....until we start to make some noise (winning)...we will not be on the minds of American NFL fans outside of Houston much.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone got a little confused with Calvin Johnson. 240 and so tall. The guy as we all saw cranked out 4.3 in barrowed shoes. I can't bang that list.
Old 08-21-2007   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember guys, these are the same people who said that Calvin Johnson, and Adrian Peterson were going to be in the Hall of Fame, before preseason even started.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

With a quartet of AJ, JJ, Mathis, & Andre Davis I'd put our sprint relay team up against any foursome another NFL team could produce.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Remember guys, these are the same people who said that Calvin Johnson, and Adrian Peterson were going to be in the Hall of Fame, before preseason even started.
That was actually ESPN
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Should'nt we have a player on this list ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Prisco had an article the other day and stated that Andre Johnson isn't on anyone's radar and called him the great unknown (or something like that).....until we start to make some noise (winning)...we will not be on the minds of American NFL fans outside of Houston much.
I don't remember now, but some NFL stud WR (maybe even Chad Johnson) was doing the Hot Seat or something, and tossed AJ out there saying he's one of the top 5 in the League, he just doesn't get talked about.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Well, I guess I should be shocked and outraged at us being snubbed again, but it just doesn't upset me anymore. As a matter of fact, I kinda like us being the "underdog" and "flying under the radar." I just hope we the respect we deserve when we do start winning. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #13
AZwhoopr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
With a quartet of AJ, JJ, Mathis, & Andre Davis I'd put our sprint relay team up against any foursome another NFL team could produce.
Maybe put Bethel Johnson in that relay too!
Old 08-22-2007   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Mathis may not be on there because they are looking for starting WR's.
Hester isn't a starting WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #15
TyrantTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If Troy Williamson is on there we should have at least two. JJ didn't time as well as he runs. Mathis may not be on there because they are looking for starting WR's.
Devin Hester is also on here, which I don't really understand. Although he will be playing some WR I don't think he should be considered a WR for something titled "The 10 Fastest WR's"
TyrantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Everyone got a little confused with Calvin Johnson. 240 and so tall. The guy as we all saw cranked out 4.3 in barrowed shoes. I can't bang that list.
Actaully he came out later and said thats not how it went down. I think he said he was the one that let someone else borrow his shoes. Somebody in the media saw him run a 4.3, caught wind of "borrowed shoes", thought it made a great story and ran to the heavens with it.

On a side note, that Lee Evans factoid made me LMAO.
Quote:
Evans was just one of three WRs to record at least three scores of 50 yards or more.
........hell he almost got that in one game. boy, that was a bad day.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #17
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 10 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Well, I guess I should be shocked and outraged at us being snubbed again, but it just doesn't upset me anymore. As a matter of fact, I kinda like us being the "underdog" and "flying under the radar." I just hope we the respect we deserve when we do start winning. JMHO!
Yeah, no change, eh? I don't know about the states, but the perception amongst NFL fans here in the UK is that the Texans are only remowned for a poor O Line and sone very ropey draft decisions.

Still, radars will be frantically adjusted when we start winning.

This season, please God. Let the pain end.

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #18
Vega
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vega is on the Pro-Bowl ballotVega is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Actaully he came out later and said thats not how it went down. I think he said he was the one that let someone else borrow his shoes. Somebody in the media saw him run a 4.3, caught wind of "borrowed shoes", thought it made a great story and ran to the heavens with it.
So you're saying that someone in the media ran with a story without even having the facts?!

No... I refuse to believe it.

My faith is shattered...

Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #19
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

FWIW, in his daily press conference Wade Phillips specifically pointed out that the Texans down filed speed will present a challenge for his defense.

Also, I will try to give you any post game info from the Dallas media that is related to the Texans. OK for someone to PM if I forget.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read