Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2007   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre on Rome

Rome is in Houston and is doing all Houston, all the time. Andre is on now

**Excited about Matt. Called everyone when he got here. Said Matt goes through his reads and makes good decisions. Said people will have to ask David about what the problems were. Said that it will take a whole season where a QB and WR are always on the same page. Doesn't happen overnight.

**Confident in O-line. Guys need to stick with assignments and do the little things. Little things have killed them in the past..like penalties.

**Has played since he was 6 and never missed a year. He loves to play. Said when he first got here, guys weren't as dedicated but they are weeded out and the team is not like that now. Said some guys play for a check but they aren't around anymore.

**Vick--Doesn't want to get into it and he wishes the best for him. Guys are waking up and having to act differently.

**National Championships--Team had alot of leaders like Ed Reed adn they had it together

**He thinks we can do better than .500. We have to play cleanly and consistently and we can win alot of games.

I'm sure alot of this isn't new but it was nice to hear and I like the national talk.

If not listening they are having Francis on later and Biggio and Bags in the 3rd hour.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 08-22-2007 at 01:23 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #2
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre on Rome

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Rome is in Houston and is doing all houston, all the time. Andre is on now

**Excited about Matt. Called everyone when he got here. Said Matt goes through his reads and makes good decisions. Said people will have to ask DAvid about what the problems were. Said that it will take a whole season where a QB and WR are always on the same page. Doesn't happen overnight.

**Confident in O-line. Guys need to stick with assignments and do the littel things. Little things have killed them in the past..like penalties.

**Has played since he was 6 and never missed a year. He loves to play. Said when he first got here, guys weren't as dedicated but they are weeded out and the team is not like that now. Said some guys play for a check but they aren't around anymore.

**Vick--Doesn't want to get into it and he wishes the best for him. Guys are waking up and having to act differently.

**National Championships--Team had alot of leaders like Ed Reed adn they had it together

**He thinks we can do better than .500. We have to play cleanly and consistently and we can win alot of games.

I'm sure alot of this isn't new but it was nice to hear and I like the national talk.

If not listening they are having Francis on later and Biggio and Bags in the 3rd hour.
Yeah, he didn't say much that we have not already heard, but it was nice to hear him.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Yeah, he didn't say much that we have not already heard, but it was nice to hear him.
Well it is just nice to hear a guy on a national show talk about winning and to not hear the O-line b.s.
Old 08-21-2007   #4
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What Better Man To Have The Karma
Old 08-21-2007   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a Rome fan and have been for several years, but had no idea Houston was so prominent and really instrumental, to hear him tell it, in the history and especially early success of his show.
But what we have here I suspect is a little quid pro quo. SR 610 is probably feeling the heat from all the new competitors in town and of course the newest, 1560 AM, just went online this week.
610 helped Romy get his start back in the day, and hes got their back now in a really fierce local business environment and maybe even very trying times for them.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I'm a Rome fan and have been for several years, but had no idea Houston was so prominent and really instrumental, to hear him tell it, in the history and especially early success of his show.
But what we have here I suspect is a little quid pro quo. SR 610 is probably feeling the heat from all the new competitors in town and of course the newest, 1560 AM, just went online this week.
610 helped Romy get his start back in the day, and hes got their back now in a really fierce local business environment and maybe even very trying times for them.
I've been listening to Rome since the late 90s(97 or so) when he was having the tour stops at SRO, etc and he always has given Houston alot of love. As much as people rag on him, he is the best radio sports we have..and it is for things like this...giving our teams alot of national spotlight and it is a national forum here in town. I think many people that bust on him have probably heard him off on on or not much at all and just do the schtick without knowing how much he talks or does for the Houston market. In fact he has been down here for some friends of his weddings in Pearland I think..so he visits friends here.
Old 08-21-2007   #7
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well it is just nice to hear a guy on a national show talk about winning and to not hear the O-line b.s.
I totally agree, just throwing out my
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2007   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I totally agree, just throwing out my
Understand completely bro.
Old 08-21-2007   #9
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a chance to hear the interview and it was very cool to hear a national radio show giving the Texans some positive remarks.

It's also good to know that our o-line wasn't part of the "content with losing" crowd. Robaire Smith came to my mind as the poster boy of that group.
Old 08-21-2007   #10
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I was out at Memorial City today, so I missed the interviews. I went to his website to try and hear them, but you need to subscribe.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been listening to Rome since the late 90s(97 or so) when he was having the tour stops at SRO, etc and he always has given Houston alot of love. As much as people rag on him, he is the best radio sports we have..and it is for things like this...giving our teams alot of national spotlight and it is a national forum here in town. I think many people that bust on him have probably heard him off on on or not much at all and just do the schtick without knowing how much he talks or does for the Houston market. In fact he has been down here for some friends of his weddings in Pearland I think..so he visits friends here.
yep, I remember when he first hit Houston's airwaves and it took a week or two to figure out what he was talking about sometimes.

My biggest beef with Rome's radio show is the clones. They are, by far, the weakest aspect of his four hours, and it gets even worse when all they do is bang on each other. Very few of them deserve even a few seconds on national radio, IMO.

Good to hear about AJ, tho'!
Old 08-21-2007   #12
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I really love when our guys are saying "We should go over 500."

I know some people are going to say "That is what they are supposed to say..."

Well that wasn't the attitude a few years back. I think DeMeco and of course Kubes bought that attitude. DeMeco thinks we should make the playoffs... and I don't like when people say "That is shooting too high." no, shooting too high is being 1-9 and saying "We're going to make the playoffs." being 0-0 and saying the same thing is being motivated.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #13
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

This team has a lot of talent, and I think they could do it. I am really starting to like what I see. The only downside is that defensive line (especially Mario and Amobi). I'll give Amobi a pass, since he has only played two NFL games (and not full games). If our D-Line can step it up, and our defense plays like they did in the latter half of last season, we will easily be at .500.
Old 08-21-2007   #14
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

An email sent to Jim Rome today (supposedly he read it on the air):

"Dear Jim,

Welcome back to Houston. I've missed you!

Sincerely,

Humidity

P.S. Sorry for punching you in the face when you got off the plane!"

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-23-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-23-2007   #15
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
An email sent to Jim Rome today (supposedly he read it on the air):

"Dear Jim,

Welcome back to Houston. I've missed you!

Sincerely,

Humidity

P.S. Sorry for punching you in the face when you got off the plane!"
Totally off topic, but rep for that.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

It was pretty awesome to hear Houston get so much love. It's good of Rome to do that for Houston since you KNOW all the other affiliates are calling him up crying for him to do the same thing for them.

AJ is a really boring interview, but it's clear he's a very classy guy who is probably the hardest worker on the team.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read