Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-21-2007   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eagles release Trotter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=2984329

Four-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter will be job-hunting in the coming days after being released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday.

A nine-year veteran, Trotter was informed of his status in a meeting with coach Andy Reid. The Eagles suggested that the now-unrestricted free agent consider retirement, but the 30-year-old's preference is to continue playing in the league. Trotter's release will become official when his name appears on the NFL's internal transactions wire this afternoon.

"Jeremiah is one of my favorite guys," Reid said in a statement Tuesday. "There's no question that this is the toughest part of this job. He and I met about this [Monday] night and it was very emotional for the both of us. Jeremiah and I have been together for many years and he's played a vital role in helping this team win a lot of football games."
Old 08-21-2007   #2
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles release Trotter

Depending on his salary requirements, I would love for the Texans to bring him in....his skills and aggressive play and leadership would add alot to this young team...that also depends on his physical. If he is healthy, and available, bring him in.. I would like that addition to the team if he passes all of the teams requirements !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if he would be willing to move outside.... say the Will.

Look out Morlon Greenwood...
Old 08-21-2007   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I wonder if he would be willing to move outside.... say the Will.

Look out Morlon Greenwood...
I'd think he'd be more of a SAM than a WILL. I don't know.
Old 08-21-2007   #5
real

As much as I want Morlon gone, I'd rather not replace him with Trotter...
Old 08-21-2007   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Bringing in Trotter would be like signing Sam Cowart all over again.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Bring in the Trotter
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2007   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
As much as I want Morlon gone, I'd rather not replace him with Trotter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Bringing in Trotter would be like signing Sam Cowart all over again.
There it is.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Bring in the Trotter
what he said

and he also was born in texas and played college football for SFA. I think he would like to play here.

Last edited by Ryan; 08-21-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I know next to nothing about Trotter. Ha shis game slipped in recent years? Or is this more of a monetary or chemistry move? If he still has game, I'd like the Texans to take a look, but yeah, I am just about completely over the retread signings. Still he has to be better than Orr/Anderson, right?
Old 08-21-2007   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4480

he had 113 tackles last year...he's probably lost a step or two but knows how to get to the ballcarrier
Old 08-21-2007   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I know next to nothing about Trotter. Ha shis game slipped in recent years? Or is this more of a monetary or chemistry move? If he still has game, I'd like the Texans to take a look, but yeah, I am just about completely over the retread signings. Still he has to be better than Orr/Anderson, right?
My biggest problem with Trotter is that he's an Eagle. Eagle defensive players have a weird tendency to go to other teams and underperform. Trotter didn't look good in his years with the Redskins and Hugh Douglas didn't look good with the Jags.

He's also getting kinda old and he's a weird player. Unless he's dropped weight recently, he's like a 300# Mike. He plays the run really well and he's surprisingly nimble for his size. But... he IS getting old.

I don't think he'd start here unless we move Demeco to the outside. I don't know that we want to do that.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
My biggest problem with Trotter is that he's an Eagle. Eagle defensive players have a weird tendency to go to other teams and underperform. Trotter didn't look good in his years with the Redskins and Hugh Douglas didn't look good with the Jags.

He's also getting kinda old and he's a weird player. Unless he's dropped weight recently, he's like a 300# Mike. He plays the run really well and he's surprisingly nimble for his size. But... he IS getting old.

I don't think he'd start here unless we move Demeco to the outside. I don't know that we want to do that.
Wasn't Corey Simon an Eagle that went to the Colts? I could be remembering wrong.

At any rate, after takling to a couple Iggle fans I know, they tell me that he isn't fast enough to move outside, but he's been playing well in preseason and TC. So they're perplexed by the cut, but it doesn't look like it would be a fit for the Texans.

FWIW.
Old 08-21-2007   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The Eagles asked him to retire because they thought he couldn't play anymore. He refused so they cut him. That's all we need to know.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Wasn't Corey Simon an Eagle that went to the Colts? I could be remembering wrong.

At any rate, after takling to a couple Iggle fans I know, they tell me that he isn't fast enough to move outside, but he's been playing well in preseason and TC. So they're perplexed by the cut, but it doesn't look like it would be a fit for the Texans.

FWIW.
ND Kalu, as well. But, I didn't say it was a rule, just a tendency.
Old 08-21-2007   #16
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got bad knees.
Old 08-21-2007   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a MLB; we have one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
The Eagles asked him to retire because they thought he couldn't play anymore. He refused so they cut him. That's all we need to know.
I'll just add that the only reason the Eagles kept him this long is his ability to help stop the run game. I think it was the year before last where there was a breakdown of the Eagles' run defense with Trotter in the game and with him out of the game. There was a huge difference if I recall.

Bottom line is he's not what the Texans need.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I would have no problem adding Trotter to our team. The guy is exactly the type of guy we need on our team.

He will end up going to a championship contender me thinks.

We need more vocal players and guys that play with more heart. Trotter could also really help show Ryans some veteran tricks and a lot of expertise about tendencies and reading plays.
Old 08-22-2007   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
i can't see a reason to add another player at lb. it's among our deepest positions where depth is concerned.

plus if pencil neck is right with then why add another eagle at lb? don't we already have one in barber?
And how has Barber looked so far? I see by the stat line that he's made a couple of tackles but I don't really remember him out on the field. They were talking about using him and Demeco in the nickle. And I seem to recall Barber straining a bicep or something in the Bears game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read