Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre"The Unknown Superstar"

Quote:
Texans: Five things to know | Prisco

HOUSTON -- Shortly after leaving the University of Miami for the NFL, Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson met Deion Sanders at the rookie symposium in what was a Mime Time meets Prime Time moment, the quiet Johnson hearing out the All-Mouth team all-star.

"You can't be from the University of Miami," Sanders told Johnson. "Miami guys are always loud."

Yeah, they have the swagger at The U, but somehow that gene wasn't passed on to Johnson.

He doesn't dance. He doesn't brag. He doesn't point fingers at teammates. He doesn't do commercials and he doesn't talk a lot.

What he does is catch passes as well as any receiver in the league. Johnson was the only NFL receiver over 100 catches last season, yet you'd be hard-pressed to get most to include him in a conversation about the best receivers in the game.

That's why I've dubbed him The Unknown Superstar, which I told him during a chat last week inside the Texans' practice bubble.

"A lot of my friends say that I get overlooked, but I don't worry about that stuff," Johnson said. "My biggest thing is winning. If we do that, the accolades will come."

Quote:
Workmanlike Andre Johnson was the only receiver to top 100 catches last season. (AP)
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre"The Unknown Superstar"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sport...10301984.shtml

sorry forgot the link
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #3
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Thanks a bunch. Somebody is paying attention.

Hopefully Jacoby follows A.J.'s example.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #4
AZwhoopr
Rookie

I like how he doesn't care what people think. I like how he's for the team rather than himselve(cough T.O cough). I'm glad he is still playing with us after all these years and not trying to get the hell out of Houston to make a name for himself.
Old 08-21-2007   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Reminds me a lot of Marvin Harrison. Quiet guy and very underrated by the media. I think if he gets in the endzone a few more times we'll really start to see his name mentioned.I think this year he really makes a buzz.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #6
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

AJ will hopefully one day be the known superstar! I LOVE U AJ!! i mean he is the 3rd best wide out under ocho cinco and steves smith

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Roy Williams is another often looked over receiver when people talk about the "best receivers in the league" discussion, since he plays on a crappy team. Now that the lions have CJ now, it might stay that way for awhile.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2007   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't he voted the #1 WR by the players last year. As a football player, that would be the vote that meant the most to me. The fans being a close second. Who cares about the media geeks.

Being recognized by your peers would be a greater achievement than seeing your name in an article by some quack who has more than likely ragged on you or your team in the past.

Old 08-21-2007   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is easily this team's best player.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
AJ is easily this team's best player.
For now.

Signed,

Demeco Ryans

Old 08-21-2007   #11
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

From what I've read and heard, AJ is dedicated to Houston Texans football. He may not be the great mouth-off, but I appreciate him more for it. Plus, he makes some unbelievable catches.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
For now.

Signed,

Demeco Ryans

I don't know. Ryans' is great and all; but AJ is on another level. Atleast in my mind.
Old 08-21-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't go so far as to say AJ is "unknown". Dude has two Pro Bowl appearances in just four seasons on a crappy team. People know who he is, but he's just not a flashy player good for Sportscenter highlights of endzone celebrations.

He wants to win with the team that drafted him, which is far different than most players' attitudes these days. He's a class act, and I think 2007 will be his best year yet.
Old 08-21-2007   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I don't know. Ryans' is great and all; but AJ is on another level. Atleast in my mind.
Think about AJ's rookie year and think about Ryans' rookie year. Project forward. I really think Ryans will be, very soon, in the class of Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher. By career's end, he may be in a class with Singletary. He's good. He has instincts you can't teach.
Old 08-21-2007   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Think about AJ's rookie year and think about Ryans' rookie year. Project forward. I really think Ryans will be, very soon, in the class of Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher. By career's end, he may be in a class with Singletary. He's good. He has instincts you can't teach.
Try this; take AJ's numbers now project them forward with a competent QB and a decent offensize gameplan. :shudders:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if AJ breaks every Texans receiveing record this year.
Old 08-21-2007   #16
real

Quote:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if AJ breaks every Texans receiveing record this year.

Shouldn't he already have most of those ?
Old 08-21-2007   #17
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
He probably has all of them, but that won't stop him from setting new marks this year.
Old 08-21-2007   #18
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Hmmm........I don't know man, Corey Bradford was so spectacular during his tenure, I think he has all of them.

In truth Bradford still has the longest TD catch in the teams short history.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Thanks a bunch. Somebody is paying attention.

Hopefully Jacoby follows A.J.'s example.
Jacoby will not be quiet what so ever. He is going to be loud and proud.
Old 08-21-2007   #20
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

what are AJ's chances of the HOF?

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read