Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Armchair GM predictions

Wolf

100% Texan
http://armchairgm.com/index.php?title=2007_NFL_Predictions_All_32_Teams_including_Playoffs

Houston Texans: (4-12) Matt Schaub is going to be a decent quarterback but will have the same problems David Carr had. Not staying off the ground. Andre Johnson will have his receptions and tds but this team will finish last. Again.

I wonder on some sites if they have anyone looking at a team(I doubt it) and go off what national media is saying and have no real insight

what I have seen from Schaub is like advertised, one that makes quick reads and gets rid of the ball. That in itself is a benefit for the OL.

And yes we didn't make any real splashes in the FA period, but gained quality depth and with that better competition, plus lots of dead money coming off the books after this season.

I loved what I saw out of Schaub last week. He is a quick reader and I loved the decision to run into the end zone with the ball even though the play wasn't drawn up that way. I think he'll have a better season than David Carr had last year because he's gonna be getting some better help from the run game. Dayne carried alot of the load last year due to williams' injury and as we all know he isn't a back that is meant to get the bulk of the carries. He's been a situational back in his years in the NFL, and with Green now the starter for us, we'll be able to use dayne how he should be used. I just think the run game will take some of the pressure of schaub. I'm really hoping the O-line stays healthy though, we can't afford injuries to the already mediocre(if that) line we have.

The guy's main point about the Titans prediction of 6-10 was the fact that VY is on the cover of Madden.
I wonder how he had time to come up with gems like that between bong riffs...

The guy's main point about the Titans prediction of 6-10 was the fact that VY is on the cover of Madden.
I wonder how he had time to come up with gems like that between bong riffs...

I love the fact he said the Colts upgraded the defense. Too Funny.

Click on it again I edited it. Did not know I could do that.

Or at least I do lol, I live on the east coast and watched him as a giant many times. He was used for 3rd and 4th and short but he failed to produce in those situations so they were forced to get rid of him.:cool:

So first you say he's not a all-day RB, but more of a situational back. Then you mention that you've only seen him for 3rd and 4th's, and that he does not do that either.

Based on what you say he's not good for anything at all ?
And if that is the case, I beg to differ.

As stated elsewhere, a case could be made for 10-6 and another for 6-10. We have to live with these type innuendos until we prove ourselves. And that is the way it should be. We could begin 4-0 and then fall apart with injuries for example. Or we could begin 0-4 and then the team gets it and goes 10-2. IMO we should focus on what we see and hear from the coaches. When we start getting Ws, national attention will come. Won't it be sweet to hear the network guys jumping on the band wagon?

So first you say he's not a all-day RB, but more of a situational back. Then you mention that you've only seen him for 3rd and 4th's, and that he does not do that either.

Based on what you say he's not good for anything at all ?
And if that is the case, I beg to differ.

You misinterpreted my post. I'm a Texans fan too ya know, why would I bash our players? lol. I never said he was not good at all. He did not fit the giants scheme, so they got rid of him and then Denver learned how to utilize him better. That's why he is here now, because former Denver coach Kub's likes his game and knows when to use him. He's not an every down back, he's just not fast enough. That's why we brang in green. Now both of them will be used to their abilities.

Looks like someone found the edit button:

Houston Texans: (9-7) Matt Schaub is going to be a decent plus quarterback and will not have the same problems David Carr had. Not staying off the ground because of dropping the ball and tripping over his own two feet. Andre Johnson will have his receptions and tds but this team will not finish last.

Looks like someone found the edit button:

That's funny. If the team is successful we will see a major paradigm shift. Unfortunately (or maybe not), with Carr sitting on the bench behind Delhomme, that paradigm shift will be all about the "improved" offensive line. Most people are still oblivious to Carr's inadequacies and will continue to blame them on the "old" offensive line. I guess it doesn't matter, but I am already seeing people on national football sites make these observations and it gets under my skin. So long as the Texans are winning, I am happy, but I hate to see the line get such an underserved bad rap.

lol this guy is funny with changing the predictions. But I would love 9-7 with a spot in the playoffs! But I think we could finish above the jags because we handle them pretty well:splits:

lol this guy is funny with changing the predictions. But I would love 9-7 with a spot in the playoffs! But I think we could finish above the jags because we handle them pretty well:splits:

Let's wait a couple of days and see what he says next. Maybe we'll be division champs.
:texflag:

I love how guys keep predicting us to be worse than 6 wins when we didn't lose anyone but a shellshocked QB...

Man I hope we win 8 games or more please....please Texans lets get the monkey off our back and go .500

I love how guys keep predicting us to be worse than 6 wins when we didn't lose anyone but a shellshocked QB...

Man I hope we win 8 games or more please....please Texans lets get the monkey off our back and go .500

Playoffs!

Back