Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2007   #1
real

Default Fair is fair : Morlon Greenwood

TotalSoloAstSckSFTYPDefIntYdsAvgLngTDsFUMLost
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

This is your weakside LB folks...

http://www.nfl.com/players/morlongre...e?id=GRE627649
Old 08-20-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fair is fair : Morlon Greenwood

Yeah...has he even played this preseason? If he has he hasn't done anything to catch my eye. I wonder if he might end up on the chopping block.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #3
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

It's not like anyone on the defense put up much in the way of numbers, but all zeros is never good.

On the other hand, Greenwood almost made the play on the TD pass to Edge in the zone where Petey was responsible. He saw the hole Petey lleft and filled as quickly as he could.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #4
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Yeah...has he even played this preseason? If he has he hasn't done anything to catch my eye. I wonder if he might end up on the chopping block.
He had three solo tackles and played pretty well against Chicago.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think Diles is being groomed to be his replacement for next season.
Old 08-20-2007   #6
real

Yeah...That was actually a pretty decent effort out of Morlon...

I think a more physically gifted player would have knocked it down....But it's definitely not a knock on him for not making it....
Old 08-20-2007   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I think Diles is being groomed to be his replacement for next season.
Haven't seen a lot of Zach Diles to say I like him as the starting WLB...I think he does some good things out there, but I do know that I want Morlon replaced...

I don't like his game too much...
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2007   #8
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
He had three solo tackles and played pretty well against Chicago.
Demeco also had 3 tackles against Chicago...

how many of Demeco's tackles can you remember and how many of Morlon's can you remember ?
Old 08-20-2007   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Demeco also had 3 tackles against Chicago...

how many of Demeco's tackles can you remember and how many of Morlon's can you remember ?
Is it sad that the only tackles I seem to remember, without looking at notes, are Dunta's?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131726 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

we all knew morlon wasn't anything special...this isn't news.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

While Morlon hasn't been spectacular for the money he's being paid he hasn't been horrid either. Somewhere in the middle but i think the biggest knock we'll all agree on is his salary. I don't see him getting replaced this year but from the sounds of it Diles is going to be pushing for PT and whomever loses between Clark and Anderson will as well.

I think his job is relatively safe this year with inexperience at his spot but team depth is catching up with him. Next year it might be a case of either take a paycut and compete for your spot or say goodbye.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #12
real

No...I just think he is a bad ball player....

Yes it has something to do with his salary, but I don't believe him to be a quality starter on a good defense...

He's not that good a LB IMHO....
Old 08-20-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131726 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
While Morlon hasn't been spectacular for the money he's being paid he hasn't been horrid either. Somewhere in the middle but i think the biggest knock we'll all agree on is his salary.
I couldn't disagree more...he is wildly overpaid and is one of the last Casserly disaster contracts still on the roster with a cap hit of $4,664,000. There is no way he is the second best player on the team.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #14
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77963 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Timmons, Willis, or even Woodley over him personally.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I couldn't disagree more...he is wildly overpaid and is one of the last Casserly disaster contracts still on the roster with a cap hit of $4,664,000. There is no way he is the second best player on the team.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html
I'm not defending the guy and there is definately no way I even came close to saying he is the second best player on the team.

I was stating that for the money he's definately not as spectacular as he should be. But let's be honest it's not like his numbers and play have been completely terrible either. Just not enough to warrant his salary but hey we've had several players seal their retirement off of Casserly calls.

His job is relatively safe this year but next year i think it's going to go down as i said before.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #16
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
. But let's be honest it's not like his numbers and play have been completely terrible either. .
Do you guys really watch Morlon ?

The guy is a bad starting LB....

He is about to be on the downside of his career and the guy has never gotten more than 56 solos in a season and it's not like he hasn't been playing...he's been starting games since he was a rookie...

Racking up a lot of asst. tackles 7 yards down field is what I call: unimpressive
Old 08-20-2007   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't believe him to be a quality starter on a good defense...

He's not that good a LB IMHO....
Tad bit of an overstatement since he was a starter on D's that ranked 4th and 2nd in the league during his tenure in Miami. Definitely could be upgraded, but not such a hack that the D can't be good with him on it.
Old 08-20-2007   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Definitely could be upgraded, but not such a hack that the D can't be good with him on it.
I don't understand how that disputes what I said...

What does that have to do with him individually being a quality player ?

If he were playing like he is playing now on a bad defense AKA a second string defense he'd be a quality player...

Just because a defense can be successful with him on it doesn't mean he's a quality starter on that defense..

Last edited by real; 08-20-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2007   #19
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:

sorry xtru, but greenwood aint goin anywhere and you know it. so quit stiring the kettle. It's freaking preseason.
Old 08-20-2007   #20
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I would take Timmons, Willis, or even Woodley over him personally.
Timmons has been injured all preseason - some think because he showed up to camp out of shape, others that he's not tough enough to play through pain.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read