Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-20-2007   #1
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sources: Shockley done for the year.

Quote:
ATLANTA -- A quarterback depth chart already perilously thin because of the ongoing absence of Michael Vick became even more threadbare Sunday, as the Atlanta Falcons lost second-year veteran D.J. Shockley for the season to a left knee injury.

Shockley tore the anterior cruciate ligament in the knee and also suffered damage to the medial collateral ligament in Friday night's preseason victory over the Buffalo Bills, two league sources confirmed. The injury was also reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, which cited sources with knowledge of the injury.

Team officials on Friday night termed the injury a sprain. Shockley underwent an MRI exam on Saturday and the club's medical staff huddled on Sunday to evaluate the procedure. The Falcons announced on Sunday afternoon that they would not have an update on Shockley's condition until coach Bobby Petrino addressed it following the Monday practice
session.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...=ESPNHeadlines

Those 2nd rounders must be looking worse by the minute in ATL. I expect them to go fishing for more qb help.

Just a thought thought here. Atl is looking like it'll not do so well this season and if the Texans offense continues to improve...who comes out smelling like roses? Just a thought.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sources: Shockley done for the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
session.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...=ESPNHeadlines

Those 2nd rounders must be looking worse by the minute in ATL. I expect them to go fishing for more qb help.

Just a thought thought here. Atl is looking like it'll not do so well this season and if the Texans offense continues to improve...who comes out smelling like roses? Just a thought.

Let's trade them Van Pelt and Porter for a couple of 2's...
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #3
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

You should trade them Shammy back for your picks plus next years #1 .... I mean what are you gong to do with a tackle dummy anyways?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
You should trade them Shammy back for your picks plus next years #1 .... I mean what are you gong to do with a tackle dummy anyways?
*shakes head* Someone's feeling uppity today. Did you see that shot "his highness" took?? I think I would be a little more worried about YOUR protection..
Old 08-20-2007   #5
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear they're in negotiations for Mark Brunell. Probably that's the smartest thing they could do.

I have a little bit of respect for Redman, and I'd like to see what Harrington can do over the season but Brunell would be a good veteran presence and I'm sure he can still start in a pinch.

Sucks they lost Shockley, though.
Old 08-20-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
VY sacked multiple times and looked out of sorts. Schaub and Sage have yet to be sacked. Do the math.
Old 08-20-2007   #7
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This next week against Dallas will help us see how bad our protection is. If Schaub's eating turf all game, I'd say we've got some problems but I don't imagine it will be that bad.
Old 08-20-2007   #8
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
VY sacked multiple times and looked out of sorts. Schaub and Sage have yet to be sacked. Do the math.
Actually, I think Sage has been sacked once.
Old 08-20-2007   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sounds like someone does not want his team to have to face Schuab twice a year.

Now that is just priceless.

Old 08-20-2007   #10
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
*shakes head* Someone's feeling uppity today. Did you see that shot "his highness" took?? I think I would be a little more worried about YOUR protection..
Rookie RB missing blitz assignments does concern me but thankfull this is just the PRESEASON

Old 08-20-2007   #11
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
0 Sack + 0 Sacks - Preseason = CRAP

any other math probelms?

Old 08-20-2007   #12
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
This next week against Dallas will help us see how bad our protection is. If Schaub's eating turf all game, I'd say we've got some problems but I don't imagine it will be that bad.
I can understand being a state vs. state thing but it is still preseason.

Raiders 4-0 in preseason last season ...... and how did that work out for them?

And with the #1 pick of the 2007 draft .......

Old 08-20-2007   #13
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Sounds like someone does not want his team to have to face Schuab twice a year.

Now that is just priceless.

Seriously I nearly wet myself reading this .....
good job.

The only team scared of the Texans any season should be the Jaguars and possibly a team trying for the next expansion team.

I'll add this though ....... I am sure both our team are happy that next season we have to play the Fail-con.

Old 08-20-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And with the #1 pick of the 2008 draft .......
The Tennessee Titans pick QB Brian Brohm from the Univeristy of Louisville.
Old 08-20-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It is the third game in pre-season who the hell takes the third game of pre-season lightly.

Bullsh*t!!

They are who we thought they were!!

Signed,

Dennis Green.
Old 08-20-2007   #16
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
It is the third game in pre-season who the hell takes the third game of pre-season lightly.

Bullsh*t!!

They are who we thought they were!!

Signed,

Dennis Green.
That was preseseason?

I think it would be more something like this .....

Arizona 35 Houston 7

The Texans where who we thought they were .......

Old 08-20-2007   #17
whiskeyrbl

Man you are so full of it. What exactly have your Tits done lately that has the NFL powerhouses shaking in their cleats???? NOTHING.... thats what.
Old 08-20-2007   #18
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRaider View Post
Actually, I think Sage has been sacked once.
That was an incomplete pass. We got hosed on that call.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #19
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Let's trade them Van Pelt and Porter for a couple of 2's...
Unless Artur Blank gets a "quick" ruling on the Vick/salary cap matter.. the Falcons will have to go "REAL CHEAP".....

Since he was cut recently... Tim Couch backs up the "Baby joey" in the ATL
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #20
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL...state vs. state. Last time I checked, Houston and Dallas were both in Texas.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read