Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Most underrated Texan (nat'l standpoint)

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Who do you guys think is the most underrated player on our team by the rest of the nation? Just who no one outside of Houston fans really gives any props?

I was inspired to make this thread after reading a "most underrated players in NFL" thread on another forum. Kerry Rhodes of the Jets and Jamal Williams of the Chargers were on there.

I picked Chester Pitts because he is a pretty good OL who has just been given a poor reputation as a "Texan Olineman" instead of actually being considered a fairly good OL in his own right that can probably start on most of the teams in this league.

Honestly, it was hard to choose who is our most underrated because all of our guys that are really good have already been given their props for the most part (AJ and Mathis have been to the pro bowl, DeMeco got DROY, Dunta got DROY runner up). Pitts is the only one that I could think of that i've never heard anything good about from the rest of the football nation.

Vonta Leach, Chester Pitts. Maybe Salaam.

Not Owen Daniels because I think he's gotten some press and some write-ups. Some people are already aware of him.

Let's see...underrated by the national media...so what Texans player is sooo formidable yet gets no press whatsoever from the national press?

Best Texans Players As of 2007 Preseason Week 2:

Defense -
Dunta
Demeco
Babin

Offense -
AJ
Green
Dayne
Schaub

The way I see it - Babin's the closest. Not saying he's the one, but he's the closest IMO.

I'd say DeMeco. Even though he won DROY, people just tend to overlook him. I would bet that if you went to any state other than Texas or Alabama and asked 100 people who DeMeco Ryans was, around 90 or so wouldn't have a clue. Hopefully it will change this year.

Sadly, I don't know that even in Texas many people know who Demeco is. Untill we start winning, the attention will have to wait.

Kevin Walter - Nobody, including most Texans fans, believe that he's a viable no. 2 WR. I think he'll prove everyone wrong and will be a solid target to help take pressure off of AJ. This will help solidify an offense with 3 to 4 serious passing threats (AJ, OD, KW, JJ, and even AG).

He just got # 3 on Sportscenter's top 10 plays of the week...

What does that have to do with anything ?

Are you suggesting that because he was #3 on a sportscenter top 10 plays of the week the national perception of him = good player

Please...

There are still tons of people who STILL don't know who Jacoby is

Kevin Walter - Nobody, including most Texans fans, believe that he's a viable no. 2 WR. I think he'll prove everyone wrong and will be a solid target to help take pressure off of AJ. This will help solidify an offense with 3 to 4 serious passing threats (AJ, OD, KW, JJ, and even AG).
You took my thunder. ALthough I am not a huge fan of Walter, Kubes is saying he is a starter that he mis played last season. If he has the kind of year that Kubiak thinks he will then the nation (and me) will be caught with our pants down. But then that will probably go unnoticed also.

Who do you guys think is the most underrated player on our team by the rest of the nation? Just who no one outside of Houston fans really gives any props?

I was inspired to make this thread after reading a "most underrated players in NFL" thread on another forum. Kerry Rhodes of the Jets and Jamal Williams of the Chargers were on there.

I picked Chester Pitts because he is a pretty good OL who has just been given a poor reputation as a "Texan Olineman" instead of actually being considered a fairly good OL in his own right that can probably start on most of the teams in this league.

Pitts is our most consistant o-lineman. However "under rated" player...that would be Owen Daniels. Half the board screamed at the pick because it wasn't Ko Simpson in the forth. How do you like him now ? He should be a favorite target of MS this year and could easily hit double digits in TDs in '07.

Back