Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2007   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default odds of making the pro bowl

here are my odds that each of these texans will make the pro bowl. ill be taking bets later.

andre johnson 40%
demeco ryans 40%
daunta robinson 30%
owen daniels 20%
jerome mathis 10% special teams (would be 20% if not for injury consern)
jacoby jones 10% special teams
matt turk 10% special teams
matt schaub 10%
kris brown 5%
mario williams 5%
other 5%
vonta leach 5%
ahman green 2.5%
chester pitts 2.5%
amobi okoye 1%
cc brown .00000000000001%
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: odds of making the pro bowl

Its hard for any AFC qb to make the pro bowl when they have to compete for votes in the same conference as Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Carson Palmer.

Not to mention mr. popular Vince Young.
Old 08-19-2007   #3
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
here are my odds that each of these texans will make the pro bowl. ill be taking bets later.

andre johnson 40%
demeco ryans 40%
daunta robinson 30%
owen daniels 20%
matt schaub 10%
kris brown 5%
mario williams 5%
other 5%
vonta leach 5%
ahman green 2.5%
chester pitts 2.5%
amobi okoye 1%
Probably pretty accurate. AJ, Dunta, Demeco, and Owen Daniels probably have the best chance of making it to the Pro-Bowl. On the other hand, TE is pretty set, IIRC. As good as I think OD will look this year. I'd add Mathis/Jones having an equally good shot as the others just cause when it clicks, the Texans have stellar special teams play. I'd add Eric Winston, too, though admittedly only because I'm a homer for him.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40985
there is amobi's odds of rookie of year 25/1

Kubiak , coach of the year 40-1
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Texans Horror;714359]Probably pretty accurate. AJ, Dunta, Demeco, and Owen Daniels probably have the best chance of making it to the Pro-Bowl. On the other hand, TE is pretty set, IIRC. As good as I think OD will look this year. I'd add Mathis/Jones having an equally good shot as the others just cause when it clicks, the Texans have stellar special teams play. I'd add Eric Winston, too, though admittedly only because I'm a homer for him.[/QUOTE]

he would of been next. had to stop somewhere.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Gotta accept reality at some point. He's just a second-year with a few games under his belt. But a homer like me , you see through all that...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I would almost say AJ would be at 50%, due to the fact that he has been there twice now, and his starting to get the rep of an all-pro.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2007   #8
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Barring injury, I definately think AJ has the best shot Even though I'm hoping he has less catches (due to spreading the ball around), but his YPC significantly increase with more down field passes.
If Demeco has another season like last year, I would think he has a pretty good shot too.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

andre johnson 40%
demeco ryans 40%
daunta robinson 30%
owen daniels 20%
matt schaub 10%
kris brown 5%
mario williams 5%
other 5%
vonta leach 5%
ahman green 2.5%
chester pitts 2.5%
amobi okoye 1%
Sooo, you're saying there's still a chance...sweet!
Old 08-20-2007   #10
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Not to mention mr. popular Vince Young.
Typo? I think you meant: Not to mention mr. overrated Vince Young.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

A healthy Mathis is probably closer to a 60% chance. His speed and vision is great.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #12
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
A healthy Mathis is probably closer to a 60% chance. His speed and vision is great.
Unless he loses some of the ST duties to Jacoby.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Unless he loses some of the ST duties to Jacoby.
Mathis does not do punt returns. Jacoby will get the punt returns, Mathis will get the kick returns. We could potentially have both AFC returner spots.
Old 08-20-2007   #14
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Mathis does not do punt returns. Jacoby will get the punt returns, Mathis will get the kick returns. We could potentially have both AFC returner spots.
no there is only 1 special team spot.

aj a 2 time pro bowler is about 75% once you're a multiple pro bowler you start to get the benefit of the doubt.

demeco is probably the only other possibility on the team, but i would say ahman green has an outside chance if he puts up about 1300 yards he will get the benefit of the doubt.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #15
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

Quote:

andre johnson 40%
demeco ryans 40%
daunta robinson 30%
owen daniels 20%
matt schaub 10%
kris brown 5%
mario williams 5%
other 5%
vonta leach 5%
ahman green 2.5%
chester pitts 2.5%
amobi okoye 1%
lol i like u cc brown, but lets hope i think andre johnson, demeco and jacoby jones can make it

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
no there is only 1 special team spot.
Ah, I was thinking Madden. My bad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read