Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Misspelling Schaub's name . . .

I know curiousity kills the cat, but I can't help myself on this one.

I have noticed Schaub's name being constantly misspelled in many threads, even to this day. For those of you do this . . . is it just an honest grammatical mistake, (is it just that his name is easy to mispell?) or is it done purposely as a kind of indirect protest?

Be honest. I know some here still have strong feelings either way regarding the trade.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Misspelling Schaub's name . . .

No protest from me. I supported Carr while he was here, and do hope he does well with Carolina, but he's not our QB, Schaub is.

I'm a for everyone who wears the Texans' uniform. I'll leave the critiquing and negative banter to the others who are more capable of it.
Old 08-19-2007   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

You are asking this question on a board that can't spell "lose" correctly? I wouldn't dig too deep looking for a conspiracy.
Old 08-19-2007   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

How about y'all.

Cak gives birth every time that one comes up!

Sorry Cak.

M-O-O-N...that spells y'all!!!
Old 08-19-2007   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea what you're talking about Marcuz
Old 08-19-2007   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

If I had used "y'all" as an example, I would have said:

Quote:
You are asking this question on a board that uses "y'all" in written communication? I wouldn't dig too deep looking for a conspiracy.

I am now preparing to stop, drop, and roll.
Old 08-19-2007   #7
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
If I had used "y'all" as an example, I would have said:

Quote:
You are asking this question on a board that uses "y'all" in written communication? I wouldn't dig too deep looking for a conspiracy.

I am now preparing to stop, drop, and roll.
Cool!

Taken to task so early!
Old 08-19-2007   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are asking this question on a board that can't spell "lose" correctly? I wouldn't dig too deep looking for a conspiracy.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Point well taken, Runner. I wouldn't dig too deeply looking for anything around here.

However, when I come across the word "Schwab", I get suspicious. Now, if it's just "Schuab" . . . ehh.

Quote:
How about y'all.

Cak gives birth every time that one comes up!
Old 08-19-2007   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
No protest from me. I supported Carr while he was here, and do hope he does well with Carolina, but he's not our QB, Schaub is.

I'm a for everyone who wears the Texans' uniform. I'll leave the critiquing and negative banter to the others who are more capable of it.
Same here TA! This board is FULL of those who wanted DC GONE, BUT, for some reason they just can't seem to let him GO!!!! Oh well, this is an opinion board, and there will always be those who would rather spin the negative and focus on the past.

As for misspelliing Matt's name, I would rather see it misspelled than misspronounced! That has been quiet annoying!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
As for misspelliing Matt's name, I would rather see it misspelled than misspronounced! That has been quiet annoying!
I know. I can't listen to 610 anymore because of it.

But I'm willing to bet you that if Matt continues to be successful, those instances of misspelling and mispronounciation will decrease, for very mysterious reasons.
Old 08-19-2007   #12
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Hello everybody. My name is Hagar and I'm a misspeller.

It started when I was a kid. I would hid in the boys bathroom when the school was putting on a spelling bee.

As I grew older, I chose course work that didnít require spelling correctly. English, Literature... I skipped'em.

If it wasn't for spell check, I'd never get any spellings right.

I, I, I can't go on like this!

I admit it, I'm a misspeller.

Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post

(Hands clapping)

Bravo! Finally admitting you have a problem, is always the first step to a successful addiction recovery.

Old 08-19-2007   #14
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Misspelling Schaub's name . . .

Haha. I know I don't post much, but you hit on one of my pet peeves. Comparing our quarterback, phonetically, to a ear cleaning appliance just makes me want to throw Strunk and White at somebody.

I know we have a diverse range of ages, genders, and education levels on this board; that's what makes the opinions and discussion so great.

<rant> Have you ever noticed that the people with the most ignorant opinions usually have the worst grammar? read: trolls </rant>

This thread made me laugh. Perfect way to begin the day.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

WHo care show you spell Schwab's name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #16
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
WHo care show you spell Schwab's name.
I don't thinks it's the ignorance that annoys people so much <I could be wrong>, I believe that misspelling someone's name is a blatant sign of disrespect. It's just common courtesy, something that is in a sorry state of neglect most of the time. Haha.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #17
liltony9144
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to liltony9144 Send a message via Yahoo to liltony9144

Let's see here.

I've seen Schaub's name spelt the following ways.

Schub, Scaub, Shaub, Schwab.

I've heard people actually call him Schwab. xD

Last edited by liltony9144; 08-19-2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added something, I guess. XD
liltony9144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Hello everybody. My name is Hagar and I'm a misspeller.

It started when I was a kid. I would hid in the boys bathroom when the school was putting on a spelling bee.

As I grew older, I chose course work that didnít require spelling correctly. English, Literature... I skipped'em.

If it wasn't for spell check, I'd never get any spellings right.

I, I, I can't go on like this!

I am in the same boat as you.

On my six week report card in high school I once got a 12 in English. I still hate the book "To kill a Mockingbird."

I always figured I spoke English and that was good enough. I then went off and married a teacher. She corrects me a lot. I glare at her a lot.

I keep forgetting the C in Schaub spelling it Shaub.

Stupid silent C.

Oh and FYI, in spell check his name will come up as Schwab. So if your not paying attention then you change his name to the wrong spelling.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I still hate the book "To kill a Mockingbird."
That is disappointing. It is one of the finest Amercan novels; it was so well written even the screenplay adaptation is one of the best movies ever made.
Old 08-20-2007   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is disappointing. It is one of the finest Amercan novels; it was so well written even the screenplay adaptation is one of the best movies ever made.
I hated the movie too.

Maybe b/c it reminds of high school.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read