Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2007   #1
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan
Default Our FB's there is a controversy here

Well some of you may not have looked into this yet so i wanted to lay it all out for you.
Ok

So we have new updated depth chart today and our full backs are listed as: Leach,Abbate,Cook and Pass.

Well the first thing that stood out at me was that Pass was last on the list, Patrick is the only one of our FB's that has a good track record. He has 526 yards rushing with a 4.1 yards average. He also had 570 yards receiving and 8.6 yards per catch average. Wow thats really good for a full back but with a downside he is coming off of career full of injury.

Then comes Jameel Cook who i personally think is the most talented FB we have. He had receptions for 446 yards and three touchdowns, he also had 19 rushing yards. He is not that good of a rusher but a great receiving fb and a really good blocker.

Then Jon Abbate, lol well not much to say here but he is a rook and i think a vet like cook or pass deserves to be higher than him on the chart.

And to our Starter as of now Vonta Leach....um he has 0...the big 0 in all stat categories for offense besides reciving he has 61 yards 1 td, no rush yards though.. Now he is a great blocker and improved our run game...oh wait was it leach or was it also in december when dayne came along... just not sure he has shown his true potential.

Final Thoughts, Well we have a Rookie, a Vet but injury prone, a great lead blocker with no yards, and a great lead blocker who is also a great receiver with yards. Well i say Cook should start he has the best set of skills out of all of our Fb's IMO.

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess

Last edited by JohnsonFan; 08-19-2007 at 02:28 AM.
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our FB's there is a controversy here

And you would be wrong. Leach is by far our best fullback. Not an opinion, just a fact.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #3
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
Well some of you may not have looked into this yet so i wanted to lay it all out for you.
Ok

So we have new updated depth chart today and our full backs are listed as: Leach,Abbate,Cook and Pass.

Well the first thing that stood out at me was that Pass was last on the list, Patrick is the only one of our FB's that has a good track record. He has 526 yards rushing with a 4.1 yards average. He also had 570 yards receiving and 8.6 yards per catch average. Wow thats really good for a full back but with a downside he is coming off of career full of injury.

Then comes Jameel Cook who i personally think is the most talented FB we have. He had receptions for 446 yards and three touchdowns, he also had 19 rushing yards. He is not that good of a rusher but a great receiving fb and a really good blocker.

Then Jon Abbate, lol well not much to say here but he is a rook and i think a vet like cook or pass deserves to be higher than him on the chart.

And to our Starter as of now Vonta Leach....um he has 0...the big 0 in all stat categories for offense, no rush yards or receiving.. Now he is a great blocker and improved our run game...oh wait was it leach or was it also in december when dayne came along...

Final Thoughts, Well we have a Rookie, a Vet but injury prone, a great lead blocker with no yards, and a great lead blocker who is also a great receiver with yards. Well i say Cook should start he has the best set of skills out of all of our Fb's IMO.
You aren't going to get many people to agree with you when you say that Cook is our best FB. As a matter of fact, there are a lot of fans here that think Cook should be cut. Some believe that Cook cost us a couple games before he got hurt last year. Personally, I don't think Cook makes the team.
Old 08-19-2007   #4
real

Quote:
Ok

And to our Starter as of now Vonta Leach....um he has 0...the big 0 in all stat categories for offense, no rush yards or receiving.. Now he is a great blocker and improved our run game...oh wait was it leach or was it also in december when dayne came along...

Cook ? A good reciever ? The best full back ?

Old 08-19-2007   #5
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan

its just my opinion and also well i think leach is great but i mean can he catch can he run? i am just not sure, if i knew he could i would say he was best because of his blocking ability.

Old 08-19-2007   #6
real

Quote:
its just my opinion and also well i think leach is great but i mean can he catch can he run? i am just not sure, if i knew he could i would say he was best because of his blocking ability.
Yes he has shown the ability to catch put of the backfield.

Serious question:

Is this your first year watching the Texans ?
Old 08-19-2007   #7
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Serious answer:

no i have watched the texans since 2002 in the middle of the season when i moved here.

why do u ask?

Last edited by JohnsonFan; 08-19-2007 at 02:22 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2007   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Because anyone that watched the Texans last season would never say Cook is a better fullback than Leach.
Old 08-19-2007   #9
JohnsonFan
All Pro

not sure how will do receiving or rushing besides blocking, i mean i saw him last season but just reevaluation, its preseason thats what its meant to make u do, and please dont question how much i know and understand about my texans who i have watched for as long or longer than most of you, i love them as much as all of you just have different opinions.

Last edited by JohnsonFan; 08-19-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-19-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cook is probably one of the top two most hated Texans.

It would be tight between him and Stanley.

Cook lost us several games last year.

He can catch the ball but he isn't a patch on Leach as a blocker and doesn't have the fire that Abbate has, and he doesn't have the versatility that Pass has.....

That makes him our 4th best FB in my book.

And hopefully a cut victim.
Old 08-19-2007   #11
Texansfan36
Veteran

Leach was a really big part of that win against Indy last year. He caught a TD pass in the I think it was the 2nd quarter to give us a 21-14 lead.
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #12
JohnsonFan
All Pro

yea i just rememberd that and i fixed my begining statement, its not that i like cook best i just dont know leach can run but i guess we dont really need that he can catch ok and block really good. Oh btw random but why isnt leach in madden 08?

Old 08-19-2007   #13
JohnsonFan
All Pro

but also besides leach i think pass should be numba 2 for sure, he has had a great career just got injured thats all. He did great in NE, i have been watching him since he came into the nfl and have always liked him alot when i heard we got him i got really pumped!

Last edited by JohnsonFan; 08-19-2007 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-19-2007   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan36 View Post
Leach was a really big part of that win against Indy last year. He caught a TD pass in the I think it was the 2nd quarter to give us a 21-14 lead.
That's correct.

Our FBs primarily block and catch the occasional swing pass out of the backfield. Leach is the nastiest blocker of the bunch and runs with the same nastiness once he catches the ball.

1. Leach
2. Pass - nicked up
3. Abbate - nicked up (hamstring and ankle) will likely go to practice squad
4. Cook - trade bait; he stays only if Pass doesn't recover
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #15
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

If you were really a Texans fan last season like you claim, you wouldn't even have to look at their career stats to know Leach is far and away better than Cook or any other fullback on the roster.
Old 08-19-2007   #16
JohnsonFan
All Pro

are u sayign i am not a real texans fan?

Old 08-19-2007   #17
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
If you were really a Texans fan last season like you claim, you wouldn't even have to look at their career stats to know Leach is far and away better than Cook or any other fullback on the roster.
I agree 100%.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #18
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That's correct.

Our FBs primarily block and catch the occasional swing pass out of the backfield. Leach is the nastiest blocker of the bunch and runs with the same nastiness once he catches the ball.

1. Leach
2. Pass - nicked up
3. Abbate - nicked up (hamstring and ankle) will likely go to practice squad
4. Cook - trade bait; he stays only if Pass doesn't recover
i did not hear anything happend to pass? what happend?

Old 08-19-2007   #19
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Are U Guys Saying I Am Not A Texan Fan? Wow I Definitly Am Why Would I Be On This Board? And I Dont Apprecaite You Guys Not Taking My Opinions Seriously.

Old 08-19-2007   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are U Guys Saying I Am Not A Texan Fan? Wow I Definitly Am Why Would I Be On This Board? And I Dont Apprecaite You Guys Not Taking My Opinions Seriously.
I think you really made people wonder if you really watched the games last year when you said Cook was the better fullback...that is not something most anyone would have stated if they watched the games.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read