Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007   #1
pappy
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 218
Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Not The Same Texans

Hey i just visited the cardinals board and someone there said " I thought the texans would lose just because they were the texans , what happened ?"
But you have to be happy about the fact that we only needed one punt !
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian
 
Texan Asylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kansas
Age: 51
Posts: 5,968
Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
Hey i just visited the cardinals board and someone there said " I thought the texans would lose just because they were the texans , what happened ?"
But you have to be happy about the fact that we only needed one punt !
And only 1 sack!

I think??? Anyhoo, I liked what I seen.
__________________
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06
 
Pantherstang84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,202
Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
And only 1 sack!

I think??? Anyhoo, I liked what I seen.
in 2 games!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #4
JohnsonFan
All Pro
 
JohnsonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 972
Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

we are a new team, we are a playoff contender with the way our offense looks but our D needs some work.
__________________
Adopt a Titan 2007
I adopted Vince Young 262 Yards Passing 1 TD, 75 Yards Rushing 1 TD!

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #5
maddogmrb
All Pro
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 512
Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

We are definitely improved overall but, I think calling us a playoff team is a little pre-mature.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #6
junior
Veteran
 
junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 213
Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

jacoby jones is just impressive right now he is everything mathis is and especially isnt, a hard worker a player whose effort seems to be noticed by the coaches, he will be our #3 reciever right away and punt returner he is special.mathis go back and return kicks because you have no other use than that.

cc brown i wish you could go now he is horrible always has probably always will be.

dunta the reason you get so many tackles is because you give up so many receptions. if you were as good as you talked you would be an all pro, you do realize that a CB first job is to pass defend right. he is really a safety but is way to small for that so he has to be on the island but every team goes right at him.

d-line well they just suck!

LB best part of our defense by far love their pursuit.

qb looks pretty good nothing to wet my pants about but should be an improvement if for no other reason than everyone else seems to have confidence in him. hasn't shown much stretching the field.

RB best depth on the team green if healthy is by far the most important part of our success or failure this year.

O-Line see above if you dont do better at run blocking than offense will be a failure.

WR AJ then nothing except if jones emerges then that could be a huge improvement over last year

i think we are the same just different (hows that for logic?)

Last edited by junior; 08-18-2007 at 11:50 PM.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,514
Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

I think "Junior" fits.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2007   #8
michaelm
vox nihili
 
michaelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Section: 648
Age: 48
Posts: 5,619
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
jacoby jones is just impressive right now he is everything mathis is and especially isnt, a hard worker a player whose effort seems to be noticed by the coaches, he will be our #3 reciever right away and punt returner he is special.mathis go back and return kicks because you have no other use than that.

cc brown i wish you could go now he is horrible always has probably always will be.

dunta the reason you get so many tackles is because you give up so many receptions. if you were as good as you talked you would be an all pro, you do realize that a CB first job is to pass defend right. he is really a safety but is way to small for that so he has to be on the island but every team goes right at him.

d-line well they just suck!

LB best part of our defense by far love their pursuit.

qb looks pretty good nothing to wet my pants about but should be an improvement if for no other reason than everyone else seems to have confidence in him. hasn't shown much stretching the field.

RB best depth on the team green if healthy is by far the most important part of our success or failure this year.

O-Line see above if you done do better at run blocking than offense willbe a failure.

WR AJ then nothing except if jones emerges then that could be a huge improvement over last year

i think we are the same just different (hows that for logic?)
I hate to be one of those punctuation nazis, because those guys are normally plain annoying, but feel free to mix in a comma or two. That post is pretty difficult to read...

Having said that, your assessment isn't entirely bad...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #9
junior
Veteran
 
junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 213
Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I think "Junior" fits.

thats original i have never heard that before, how does my comment make me immature or whatever you meant yet you making fun of me doesnt make you the same.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #10
junior
Veteran
 
junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 213
Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I hate to be one of those punctuation nazis, because those guys are normally plain annoying, but feel free to mix in a comma or two. That post is pretty difficult to read...

Having said that, your assessment isn't entirely bad...

yeah i am pretty lazy with the commas. never really liked english class.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,514
Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

I can't explain it, and it depends on how old you really are anyway. Besides that, I'm laughing mildly at your post, which does make some good points (which have all been made many, many times by others already), but it's only one post. It's not you. It's a post.

I guess it's mostly a combination of what the other guy said about punctuation and the fact that you just repeated what has been said all over the boards for hours--all in one post--like you never heard anyone else say it and thought it REALLY needed to be said. That's fine. Speak your mind. It's just mildly humorous.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,335
Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
we are a new team, we are a playoff contender with the way our offense looks but our D needs some work.
The Texans won't be a playoff contender until their defense finds a way to start consistently stopping people. Offense entertains, defense wins.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #13
Texanmike02
Site Contributor
 
Texanmike02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 36
Posts: 8,004
Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
we are a new team, we are a playoff contender with the way our offense looks but our D needs some work.
New team. Yes. Playoff contender? Hardly. The offense looks way better than it did last year. Of course keep in mind that defenses are playing Vanilla packages and not sending complicated blitzes or showing off their disguised coverages in the pre-season. We're pretty much seeing roll your guys out there whoever has the most physically talented players will win in the preseason. In the regular season mental aspects of the game really pick up. That's when you will be able to tell if Schaub can read coverages. That's when you'll see how our RBs respond to a corner blitz or a delayed blitz by the olbs. Until then we're only getting half the story. I think our defense will look better than they have so far, but our offense will look worse come regular season time. If your offense looks bad in the preseason.. you have some serious issues.

Btw. I'm not saying this season is a disaster waiting to happen. Still sticking to my 7 wins prediction, considering that dogyard junk will be out of the lineup when we face Atlanta.

Mike
__________________

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #14
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post

LB best part of our defense by far love their pursuit.
Greenwood is still a bad LB IMO....

I just don't like the guy's style...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor
 
ObsiWan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: League City, Tx
Age: 62
Posts: 13,790
Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Greenwood is still a bad LB IMO....

I just don't like the guy's style...

...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame
 
Carr Bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever the US govt. sends me
Posts: 13,876
Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
jacoby jones is just impressive right now he is everything mathis is and especially isnt, a hard worker a player whose effort seems to be noticed by the coaches, he will be our #3 reciever right away and punt returner he is special.mathis go back and return kicks because you have no other use than that.

cc brown i wish you could go now he is horrible always has probably always will be.

dunta the reason you get so many tackles is because you give up so many receptions. if you were as good as you talked you would be an all pro, you do realize that a CB first job is to pass defend right. he is really a safety but is way to small for that so he has to be on the island but every team goes right at him.

d-line well they just suck!

LB best part of our defense by far love their pursuit.

qb looks pretty good nothing to wet my pants about but should be an improvement if for no other reason than everyone else seems to have confidence in him. hasn't shown much stretching the field.

RB best depth on the team green if healthy is by far the most important part of our success or failure this year.

O-Line see above if you dont do better at run blocking than offense will be a failure.

WR AJ then nothing except if jones emerges then that could be a huge improvement over last year

i think we are the same just different (hows that for logic?)
So Dunta only got tackles because he gave up passes? Please, stop with the nonsense did you even watch the game yesterday, Dunta was all over the field and most his tackles came on support in the running game, where he killed the run and prevented big plays.

Dunta is a fine player, he's not Champ Bailey, but that doesn't mean he's crappy. He's pound for pound one of the most physical players in the NFL and I'll take a player like that on my D any day out of the week.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stafford, Texas
Age: 60
Posts: 7,658
Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Greenwood is still a bad LB IMO....

I just don't like the guy's style...
What style is that, and how does that make him a bad LB?

I'm not trying to start anything with you, xtru. I honestly want your opinion.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #18
junior
Veteran
 
junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 213
Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
So Dunta only got tackles because he gave up passes? Please, stop with the nonsense did you even watch the game yesterday, Dunta was all over the field and most his tackles came on support in the running game, where he killed the run and prevented big plays.

Dunta is a fine player, he's not Champ Bailey, but that doesn't mean he's crappy. He's pound for pound one of the most physical players in the NFL and I'll take a player like that on my D any day out of the week.
thats exaclty my point you made it for me he plays the run better than the pass hardly the best trait for your no.1 CB. if he was a shut down corner which he talks like he would only have about 50 tackles a year because he is giving up less receptions.

did i ever say he wasnt physical, he is all that but if we had all CB like that we would stuff the run and give up 300 yards passing a game.

would you say you are happy with his pass coverage, we are all happy with his run play but thats shouldnt be his no.1 talent.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #19
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame
 
Leahmic223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,076
Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
Hey i just visited the cardinals board and someone there said " I thought the texans would lose just because they were the texans , what happened ?"
But you have to be happy about the fact that we only needed one punt !
A Cardinals fan said this? Wow.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite
 
Goldensilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin
Age: 32
Posts: 5,143
Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not The Same Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
A Cardinals fan said this? Wow.
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger