Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2007   #21
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What did you love about the game?

That are one's, two's and three's out played theirs. I don't remember that ever happening before. A sign we have both talent and depth.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #22
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

All the QBs did really well today.

Our special teams will win games for us this season.

We got real value for that 3rd round pick. Jones is looking good.

Both Daniels & Putzier looked sharp.

The O-line should get some props too. Nice job guys.

While our Defense hasn't put everything together yet, they are forcing turnovers. Tonight there were 2 INTs and the Cards put the ball on the ground 3 times. We didn't get any fumble recoveries but you get the other team to fumble enough times, you'll start to recover some.

The team looked sharper and better prepared, which I attribute to coaching and front office.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #23
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
That we actually have some depth in certain positions, and that this year we are actually having position battles during camp (esp. WR) not just figuring out what scrub will back up the starter.
The problem is that the wr battle is about as bad as it gets once you move past AJ.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #24
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved that Matt Schaub was talking to AJ and the other guys on the sidelines after scores. Obviously, we couldn't know what was being really said but it looked like he was talking to AJ about what worked and what didn't when they had to settle for that FG.

...I don't seem to recall that last year.... but I probably just missed it
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #25
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
The problem is that the wr battle is about as bad as it gets once you move past AJ.

Mike
Please clarify. Do you mean that you believe we have a bunch of scrubs trying to be the #2 WR?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #26
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

loved the offence, props to the o-line. I sack in 2 games.

Defence needs work,
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #27
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Please clarify. Do you mean that you believe we have a bunch of scrubs trying to be the #2 WR?
I believe that we have a bunch of scrubs?

Not really. I think we have one guy who is going to be a great slot receiver in Walter. I love him as a posession guy. I don't think he's really a good #2 for us. At least not in the traditional stretch the field way. We need a burner on the opposite of AJ if you ask me.

We have Mathis and Jacoby. Both are young and unproven- and in my opinion, neither is ready to be a #2. I'm ok with that because we're not playoff bound. I was just saying that having competition doesn't always mean there is good competition. Before the JJ/Mathis fan clubs attack me, I'm not saying they don't have a future... they're just not now enough for me.

Mike

Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2007   #28
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
In all honesty. It took me until game 9 of last year to see the light. What is sad is my son who was 14 at the time, saw it 2 years ago. Boy didn't I feel like an *****.

However, once the scales fell from my eyes, my vision was very clear.
You weren't the only one. I was right there with you. I wanted ot give DC the benefit of the doubt...but I was WRONG. Very glad we have a new QB.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #29
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:

Mike
We have more talent at WR this year than any year in the team's history. Now I know that is not saying much. But this year, everyone seems to be making plays.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #30
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
We have more talent at WR this year than any year in the team's history. Now I know that is not saying much. But this year, everyone seems to be making plays.
The problem is. This year our talent is very raw. That's just how I see it. I'm not disputing that there's talent there. Schaub has time right now. We're not seeing blitzes ever down, that's going to make our receivers look good. Coverage won't be disguised as well.

Mike

Old 08-19-2007   #31
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
The problem is. This year our talent is very raw. That's just how I see it. I'm not disputing that there's talent there. Schaub has time right now. We're not seeing blitzes ever down, that's going to make our receivers look good. Coverage won't be disguised as well.

Mike
I guess it will be do you prefer

young unproven talent or proven no talent.

I will take the first.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #32
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Almost mistake free game.

I like the special teams play. On the post game report, Matt Jackson said, " I am going out on a limb and say the Texans will have the best special teams this year."

That limb is pretty big, Matt. You sure showed balls in that statement.
Old 08-19-2007   #33
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Almost mistake free game.
Amen!

Only 1 fumble and punt, 0 interceptions, and just 5 penalties! That is something to be proud of and build upon.
Old 08-19-2007   #34
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the way the first team offense looked. In control of the game and fairly smooth down the field. They haven't looked this good since...last preseason.
Old 08-19-2007   #35
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
I guess it will be do you prefer

young unproven talent or proven no talent.

I will take the first.
Oh, no doubt. I prefer young unproven talent. Just saying that for this year I don't think its going to bode well. I think our future is VERY VERY bright.

Mike

Old 08-19-2007   #36
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Great pocket. I didn't know the Texans knew how to make them. The Texans did excetionally well on pass-blocking, something I didn't expect.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read