Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2007   #221
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Williams 0 0 0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
Sorry but Mario is not Reggie Bush, he is not gonna have highlight reel performances game after game.
Oh yeah Reggie "Jesus in Cleats" Bush. He (Reggie Bush) is not much what of he is destined to be either. How many highlight reel performance games has he had? ZERO. How many highlight performances plays has he had? A few; Punt return for TD and the mocking of Brian Urlacher before the Bears stomped them. Nothing else comes to mind for he who is faster than the wind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #222
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
lets trade mario if he does not step up this year
You should really step away from the keyboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #223
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

First of all, let me say that I do NOT think Mario had a good night.

I did re-watch the first half a few times (Texans defense only) and Mario should have received at least 2 tackles. I know, nothing great, but he did get in on some plays.

Based on what I saw, I truly think that Mario is holding back until the first regular season game.... I hope...

If this continues into the regular season....

BTW, if this has already been posted, sorry! No way that I am going to read through all this bs!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #224
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
First of all, let me say that I do NOT think Mario had a good night.

I did re-watch the first half a few times (Texans defense only) and Mario should have received at least 2 tackles. I know, nothing great, but he did get in on some plays.

Based on what I saw, I truly think that Mario is holding back until the first regular season game.... I hope...

If this continues into the regular season....

BTW, if this has already been posted, sorry! No way that I am going to read through all this bs!
pretty much everyone shares the same opinion whether they are being critical of Mario's play or displaying patience in regards to his play. If it persists into the regular season even the most stalwart Mario believer will begin to reassess their original assessment.
Old 08-21-2007   #225
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is Mario at the top of our Texans Talk banner? Shouldn't it be our best performer? I would say that once he has 10 sacks this year then give him some time atop the banner, but until then how about the player showing the greatest qualities that we Texans fans adore... like Jacoby Jones?
What do you guys think? Who should be atop the Texans Talk banner?!
Old 08-21-2007   #226
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Why is Mario at the top of our Texans Talk banner? Shouldn't it be our best performer? I would say that once he has 10 sacks this year then give him some time atop the banner, but until then how about the player showing the greatest qualities that we Texans fans adore... like Jacoby Jones?

I think this deserves its own thread.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #227
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you mean the Jacoby Jones who has yet to take a real snap in a regular season game huh?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2007   #228
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think this deserves its own thread.
I think I don't really care. It's just a banner.
Old 08-21-2007   #229
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
you mean the Jacoby Jones who has yet to take a real snap in a regular season game huh?

I think it should be either AJ or Demeco.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #230
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think it should be either AJ or Demeco.
the banner was made deep in the offseason....no reason to think he would be disappointing in his first couple of preseason games. I think we should wait till the regular season before we get all knee jerk with the banner...it's one thing to discuss it, but it's another thing to let the preseason discussion turn into chicken little syndrome with our visuals. There are quite a few players that would "deserve" to be on the banner....it's just a great shot of Mario...who is supposed to be one of our main cogs this year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #231
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

That's cool about JJ, I understand. But you're speculating on Mario so why not speculate on someone who has done some amazing things so far as a Texan? I agree Demeco or Andre or anyone but Mario, until he proves his worth to be on top! Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-21-2007   #232
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
tis really just a matter of preference...

you say tomato, I say tomato...
Is it really a preference thing?

Right side means the right side.

The strong or weak side can change depending on the offensive formation. I have no doubt that you know this, too.

You have stated that they are playing Mario as a strong side DE, when in fact, he's been playing RDE in spite of the offensive formation. Mario is not moving around the D-line because of strong or weak sides.

That's not really a preference as much as iiwii.
Old 08-21-2007   #233
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Is it really a preference thing?

Right side means the right side.

The strong or weak side can change depending on the offensive formation. I have no doubt that you know this, too.

You have stated that they are playing Mario as a strong side DE, when in fact, he's been playing RDE in spite of the offensive formation. Mario is not moving around the D-line because of strong or weak sides.

That's not really a preference as much as iiwii.

No....

I offered an opinion as to why Mario was lined up on the left side in that video....And that is when I was argued down about how DE's don't switch with the the strength....Well yes they do...They may not be doing that with Mario, but some of them do....

When I say it's a matter of preference, I'm talking about how an individual chooses to refer to the DE positions, and how teams choose to play the players...

If they are leaving mario on the Right side no matter what...so be it...
Old 08-21-2007   #234
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
No....

I offered an opinion as to why Mario was lined up on the left side in that video....And that is when I was argued down about how DE's don't switch with the the strength....Well yes they do...They may not be doing that with Mario, but some of them do....

When I say it's a matter of preference, I'm talking about how an individual chooses to refer to the DE positions, and how teams choose to play the players...

If they are leaving mario on the Right side no matter what...so be it...

That's cool, man...you know I've got to yank your chain every once in awhile.
Old 08-21-2007   #235
dickieb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
....it's just a great shot of Mario...who is supposed to be one of our main cogs this year.
Yeah it looks like he saying, "Hey Demeco there goes another one, go tackle him for me while I cash another check from Mr. McNair."
Old 08-22-2007   #236
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Some years there are some really good coaches available to be an assistant. Last year wasn't the bestest year to pick.
I also forgot to mention Ron Rivera. He became available during the offseason, but I guess Kubiak wasn't going to abandon Smith after just one season.
Old 08-22-2007   #237
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah it looks like he saying, "Hey Demeco there goes another one, go tackle him for me while I cash another check from Mr. McNair."
Is that what your co-workers are saying right now while your on a message board.
Old 08-22-2007   #238
dickieb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Is that what your co-workers are saying right now while your on a message board.
Nice shot (A+ for effort), but I was on the message board last night after work. I just want Mario to step it up, I think that's all we ask as fans. Do I think he will eventually become a good player, sure. I just want to see him earn what he has been GIVEN ($$$, respect,etc.) because up to this point I don't think he has earned it all of it. By the way this post was made at home after work as well.

Let's go Mario, sack the Cowqueen "Romo the homo" that will shut us up for a little while.

Old 08-22-2007   #239
real

I wish I got off in time to be home by three..
Old 08-22-2007   #240
dickieb
Veteran

Quote:
I wish I got off in time to be home by three..
I guess that's one advantage I have by not living or working in Houston, rush hour traffic and all the other pains involved. It would be nice to be closer though so I could actually catch a live game once in a while.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read