Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007   #21
Runner
Hubcap Diamond
 
Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,693
Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

I've read on this board that some posters theorize that some Texans players look bad because they are using vanilla schemes during preseason while the other teams are using more complex "real game" schemes. Therefore, I found this interesting:

Quote:
"I think it was a combination of things — the (wet) weather, the surface, people in his face," Fisher said Saturday. "The approach that the Patriots took defensively was a unique approach. They brought people (in pass rush) almost every down from different places, dropped different people out in coverage.

"We went out in this game with a very basic game plan. We had not put ourselves in position to try to take advantage of those things."
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....708190402/1027
__________________
Amy glances out the window; her hair, skin, and clothes take on a pronounced reddish tinge from Doppler effect as she drops out of the conversation at relativistic velocity. - Cryptonomicon
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #22
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
well, he had better stats than John Elway in his rookie year (47.5% completions 7TD's and 14 INT's)....so I don't think that Elway had such a bad career. People make way too much out of stat lines (especially rookie QB stat lines), and don't watch enough real football for their opinions.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/ElwaJo00.htm

yup. all the stat losers seem to be haters, morons, and lack any real insight into what it really takes to be an effective player.

I even read some loser say that VY shouldnt have been OROY. That is just hating, plain and simple. The guy made so many damn plays and won 8 games in a span of 9. That is unheard of for a rookie and yet still people hate on him. I don't like VY because he is a Titan but the people that say he sucks or is an ESPN creation are just ignorant to the fact that VY looks like a damn good NFL QB even after just 3/4 of a season. He isn't your traditional QB but that is what makes him special. He throws an ugly ball, lacks accuracy at times, and sometimes makes bad decisions. The thing about him is that when the money is on the line and you got a 3rd down to keep a drive alive, he is about as hard to defend as any player in the history of the NFL. He also has an innate ability to inspire his teammates and make the players around him better and just win.

VY was far and away the best Offensive Rookie last year. Most of these naysaying 'mensas' are the same guys who propped up Carr as something more than an abortion of a QB. Their opinion is completely without merit or credibility. Now they act like they knew it all along but we all know the truth. The list of Texans fans that actually knew Carr sucked is a very short list....the guys who thought he was great are the same losers who hate on VY and say he sucks too.

VY may struggle this year but it won't be because it sucks, it will be because of growing pains, gameplanning defenses, average passing accuracy, and most importantly, lack of talent around him. That Titans roster is embarassing.
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 08-19-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #23
Wolf
100% Texan
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kerrville
Age: 44
Posts: 36,882
Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yup. all the stat losers seem to be haters, morons, and lack any real insight into what it really takes to be an effective player.

I even read some loser say that VY shouldnt have been OROY. That is just hating, plain and simple. The guy made so many damn plays and won 8 games in a span of 9. That is unheard of for a rookie and yet still people hate on him. I don't like VY because he is a Titan but the people that say he sucks or is an ESPN creation are just stupid and/or retarded.

VY was far and away the best Offensive Rookie last year. Most of these naysaying 'mensas' are the same guys who propped up Carr as something more than an abortion of a QB. Their opinion is completely without merit or credibility. Now they act like they knew it all along but we all know the truth. The list of Texans fans that actually knew Carr sucked is a very short list....the guys who thought he was great are the same losers who hate on VY and say he sucks too.

VY may struggle this year but it won't be because it sucks, it will be because of growing pains, gameplanning defenses, average passing accuracy, and most importantly, lack of talent around him. That Titans roster is embarassing.
BTW pac-man contributed heavily to those wins

wow and the lack of talent is because he will struggle...


over
marice drew,colston?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #24
The Dream
Hall of Fame
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pearland
Age: 28
Posts: 4,220
Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
yup. all the stat losers seem to be haters, morons, and lack any real insight into what it really takes to be an effective player.

I even read some loser say that VY shouldnt have been OROY. That is just hating, plain and simple. The guy made so many damn plays and won 8 games in a span of 9. That is unheard of for a rookie and yet still people hate on him. I don't like VY because he is a Titan but the people that say he sucks or is an ESPN creation are just stupid and/or retarded.

VY was far and away the best Offensive Rookie last year. Most of these naysaying 'mensas' are the same guys who propped up Carr as something more than an abortion of a QB. Their opinion is completely without merit or credibility. Now they act like they knew it all along but we all know the truth. The list of Texans fans that actually knew Carr sucked is a very short list....the guys who thought he was great are the same losers who hate on VY and say he sucks too.

VY may struggle this year but it won't be because it sucks, it will be because of growing pains, gameplanning defenses, average passing accuracy, and most importantly, lack of talent around him. That Titans roster is embarassing.
rep coming your way........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #25
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame
 
Silver Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Section: way up the ramp
Age: 51
Posts: 3,620
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yup. all the stat losers seem to be haters, morons, and lack any real insight into what it really takes to be an effective player.

I even read some loser say that VY shouldnt have been OROY. That is just hating, plain and simple. The guy made so many damn plays and won 8 games in a span of 9. That is unheard of for a rookie and yet still people hate on him. I don't like VY because he is a Titan but the people that say he sucks or is an ESPN creation are just stupid and/or retarded.

VY was far and away the best Offensive Rookie last year. Most of these naysaying 'mensas' are the same guys who propped up Carr as something more than an abortion of a QB. Their opinion is completely without merit or credibility. Now they act like they knew it all along but we all know the truth. The list of Texans fans that actually knew Carr sucked is a very short list....the guys who thought he was great are the same losers who hate on VY and say he sucks too.

VY may struggle this year but it won't be because it sucks, it will be because of growing pains, gameplanning defenses, average passing accuracy, and most importantly, lack of talent around him. That Titans roster is embarassing.
I'm one of those guys who supported Carr when he was here, not because of his play on the field, but because of the uniform he wore while on the field. Based on the qb play I've seen in TC and in the two preseason games, I can admit you were correct in your criticism of Carr and call for his dismissal from the team.

On the other hand, for you to call those who doubt vy's abilites as "stupid or retarded" is not a very friendly attitude to take in this forum.

You seem like a pretty football intelligent guy, and most of your insights are good to read, but name calling is b.s.

You know...we just could be right about vince and you could be wrong. Will you man up and admit to your mistakes if so?
__________________
An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
- Rene Descartes
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #26
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I'm one of those guys who supported Carr when he was here, not because of his play on the field, but because of the uniform he wore while on the field. Based on the qb play I've seen in TC and in the two preseason games, I can admit you were correct in your criticism of Carr and call for his dismissal from the team.

On the other hand, for you to call those who doubt vy's abilites as "stupid or retarded" is not a very friendly attitude to take in this forum.

You seem like a pretty football intelligent guy, and most of your insights are good to read, but name calling is b.s.

You know...we just could be right about vince and you could be wrong. Will you man up and admit to your mistakes if so?
I changed some of the wording. Sometimes I can get a bit cranky especially after watching Mario sleepwalk his way through another game.

As for admitting I was wrong, I never have a problem doing that. I didn't like the Jacoby Jones pick and boy do I like wrong on that one so far.

I was also wrong in thinking that Plummer was going to be brought in as a temporary fix at QB with Sage backing him up. Count me happy that we got a possible long term fix in Schaub and didn't resort to Handball Professional Jake 'The Snake' Plummer.

Boy I hope that OL keeps looking this good. It's like watching a different team altogether. I absolutely love it.

Dunta looked inspired too and even took a shot at the offenses of the past.
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 47
Posts: 29,614
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
He completed only 51.5 percent as a rookie
And he still swept us.

I hate to say it, but the Titans could have a 2-14 season and you know which two games those wins would be....

Obviously I hope the exact opposite, but still.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2007   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,512
Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Carr had a high completion %...he must be really awesome!
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #29
Brando
Site Contributor
 
Brando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,573
Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Carr had a high completion %...he must be really awesome!
He also set the consecutive completion record.

BTW I haven't seen caddy around. I wonder why?
__________________

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #30
Lucky
Moderator
 
Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,824
Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
...and most importantly, lack of talent around him. That Titans roster is embarassing.
Word. When Bo Scaife is your goto guy, it's gonna be a loooooong year.

P.S. Bo Scaife just rocketed up in my fantasy TE rankings.
__________________
“We’re looking for a coach that...works with great energy and enthusiasm and very positive in his approach.” - Bob McNair
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 47
Posts: 29,614
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Carr had a high completion %...he must be really awesome!
And he had a high QB rating, which means everything!....or nothing, depending on how you look at it.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #32
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame
 
Silver Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Section: way up the ramp
Age: 51
Posts: 3,620
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

...and once again a vy thread has been changed to include Schaubs predecessor.

Lord let this madness end!
__________________
An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
- Rene Descartes
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #33
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Word. When Bo Scaife is your goto guy, it's gonna be a loooooong year.

P.S. Bo Scaife just rocketed up in my fantasy TE rankings.
yup. its all Bud Adams fault too. He is too cheap and too stubborn to keep a real football guy like Floyd Reese employed and then hires some hack of a GM to throw away a golden opportunity of an offseason.

VY won't be there long and it wouldn't surprise me if the Titans arent there much longer anyway. LA Titans anyone? To have the 2nd lowest payroll in the NFL is just embarassing for a 'playoff contender'. It's just Bud being Bud. Fat. Ugly. Cheap. Mangy Rat lives on his head.
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,915
Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yup. its all Bud Adams fault too. He is too cheap and too stubborn to keep a real football guy like Floyd Reese employed and then hires some hack of a GM to throw away a golden opportunity of an offseason.

VY won't be there long and it wouldn't surprise me if the Titans arent there much longer anyway. LA Titans anyone? To have the 2nd lowest payroll in the NFL is just embarassing for a 'playoff contender'. It's just Bud being Bud. Fat. Ugly. Cheap. Mangy Rat lives on his head.
That mangy Rat that lives on his head may opt to move out too.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #35
TEXANRED
Texan-American
 
TEXANRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 6,620
Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
well, he had better stats than John Elway in his rookie year (47.5% completions 7TD's and 14 INT's)....so I don't think that Elway had such a bad career. People make way too much out of stat lines (especially rookie QB stat lines), and don't watch enough real football for their opinions.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/ElwaJo00.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
yup. all the stat losers seem to be haters, morons, and lack any real insight into what it really takes to be an effective player.
I'm confused, are you calling Vinny a loser for using stats?

Oh and F.Y.I. Carr had better rookie stats than both VY and John Elway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
I even read some loser say that VY shouldnt have been OROY. That is just hating, plain and simple. The guy made so many damn plays and won 8 games in a span of 9. That is unheard of for a rookie and yet still people hate on him.
There you go, calling people names again. Guess since I am a loser that doesn't matter to you. Unfortunately all you are seeing is eight out of nine but he started fourteen games and Travis Henry shredding opposing teams defenses had nothing to do with it. Or Pac-Man Jones clutch kick returns, or the defense stepping up (inspired by Pac-Man) and dominating a few of those eight games.

Nothing to do with it, nothing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
I don't like VY because he is a Titan but the people that say he sucks or is an ESPN creation are just ignorant to the fact that VY looks like a damn good NFL QB even after just 3/4 of a season.
Maybe b/c he is? For the same reason that ESPN promotes Bush as a running back when he is a punt returner and a slot receiver and does not even start for his own team?

I guess cus all those losers are right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
He isn't your traditional QB but that is what makes him special. He throws an ugly ball, lacks accuracy at times, and sometimes makes bad decisions.
Why would the Texans have drafted him then? We already had a QB with all those same qualities?

He sounds awesome, lets make him rookie of the year. Oh, never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
The thing about him is that when the money is on the line and you got a 3rd down to keep a drive alive, he is about as hard to defend as any player in the history of the NFL. He also has an innate ability to inspire his teammates and make the players around him better and just win.
He inspires his team mates to sleep in there own bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
VY was far and away the best Offensive Rookie last year. Most of these naysaying 'mensas' are the same guys who propped up Carr as something more than an abortion of a QB. Their opinion is completely without merit or credibility. Now they act like they knew it all along but we all know the truth. The list of Texans fans that actually knew Carr sucked is a very short list....the guys who thought he was great are the same losers who hate on VY and say he sucks too.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Marques Colston was the best Offensive rookie last year and Matt Leinart was the best rookie QB last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
VY may struggle this year but it won't be because it sucks, it will be because of growing pains, gameplanning defenses, average passing accuracy, and most importantly, lack of talent around him. That Titans roster is embarassing.
Wow you sound like a Carr homer. Its not Carr's fault, its the lack of talent around him.

So how does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot?
__________________
I am in an abusive relationship with life and I am to cowardly to leave it. - Homer Simpson.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #36
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I'm confused, are you calling Vinny a loser for using stats?

Oh and F.Y.I. Carr had better rookie stats than both VY and John Elway.


There you go, calling people names again. Guess since I am a loser that doesn't matter to you. Unfortunately all you are seeing is eight out of nine but he started fourteen games and Travis Henry shredding opposing teams defenses had nothing to do with it. Or Pac-Man Jones clutch kick returns, or the defense stepping up (inspired by Pac-Man) and dominating a few of those eight games.

Nothing to do with it, nothing at all.


Maybe b/c he is? For the same reason that ESPN promotes Bush as a running back when he is a punt returner and a slot receiver and does not even start for his own team?

I guess cus all those losers are right?

Why would the Texans have drafted him then? We already had a QB with all those same qualities?

He sounds awesome, lets make him rookie of the year. Oh, never mind.


He inspires his team mates to sleep in there own bed.


WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Marques Colston was the best Offensive rookie last year and Matt Leinart was the best rookie QB last year.



Wow you sound like a Carr homer. Its not Carr's fault, its the lack of talent around him.

So how does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot?
yawn....another VY hater spreads his wings. you may want to check your facts though.

We all saw what stats mean to a QB. To the casual fan, Carr seemed to be doing just fine by reading a stat line but anyone unfortunate enough to actually watch a game....well lets just say stats can be quite misleading.

Colston > Young?!?!?! are you freaking kidding me? Please renew your VY Hatership card, k? Leinart better than Young last year? Cmon now. Maybe for a fantasy geek. While you are at it please renew your Bush Hatership card as well. Bush wasn't Pro Bowl last year, much less HOF like ESPN totes him as, but he had a damn good year helping the Saints go from 2-14 to the NFC Championship Game.

'he inspires everyone to sleep in their own bed'. When you repeated that back to yourself in your mind, did you actually think that was funny or witty? Young hasn't had the greatest offseason (nor have the Titans) but to slam someone for sleeping is just laughable. He was disciplined but VY Hater must bring that up like its some sort of VY Kryptonite.

Carr lack of talent around him? What lack of talent? Same OL and I wonder why the OL looks 100% better. Maybe its because Carr was a big poosy and no one wanted to go to war with him and Carr had horrible pocket presence. The lack of talent argument doesnt hold water over a 5 year period....well at least it doesnt hold water for anyone with a brain and the ability to be objective and formulate an honest opinion not poisoned with college allegiances or plain old jealousy.

In summation, VY may have a tough year due to his own problems and some of the problems with his team. But to argue that VY didn't have a good year last year and didn't deserve OROY is just insane and outs you as a hater, Aggie and/or Horn hater.
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #37
Wolf
100% Texan
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kerrville
Age: 44
Posts: 36,882
Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

fyi drew brees did more for the saints than anyone else

colston did less than Young.. wow ...I am not hating on young but Colston would have been hands down rookie of the year if not for injury. Marice jones drew had a good season too

Young, who I do like.. probowl....NFL and marketing at it's best (when others in front of him didn't go) who best to raise the interest in NFL.. a guy that took UT on his shoulders and win National championship ..then goes to probowl as a rookie. brings interest to NFL.. take the burnt orange glasses off for a second.. if you took the name out of the stats and said "This guy is going to pro-bowl" y'all would have laughed

qb rating of 66; percentage completion of 51.5 12 td's and 13 ints .
AFC mind you
15th in afc in qb rating,16th in percentage completion,12th in yards,9th in TDs,7th most in INTs

rushing #1 for QB's,7 rushing TD's #1 in afc..

Is that afcpro bowl material?

come one.. can anyone really say Vince was incredible for rookie of the year?

I want Vince to succeed and he IS a leader for a team and I cannot deny the confidence he inspires in a team and it is unmessureable. but he has work to do to become an elite QB.. but sometimes I think Carr supporters and vince supporters are in the same mold....except Carr supporters gave 5 years (me included) and vince supporters have one season to crown him

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/by...&timeframe=All

like I always have said I hope young,bush and williams become good...it is good for the league and I absolutely would love for Williams to become a beast and Young to become a beast.. I would love the chess match on 2 sundays a year between the two teams


Here is to young to a legit probowl bid in 2007 and williams/ryans to a legit probowl bid also

Last edited by Wolf; 08-19-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #38
TEXANRED
Texan-American
 
TEXANRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 6,620
Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yawn....another VY hater spreads his wings. you may want to check your facts though.

We all saw what stats mean to a QB. To the casual fan, Carr seemed to be doing just fine by reading a stat line but anyone unfortunate enough to actually watch a game....well lets just say stats can be quite misleading.

Colston > Young?!?!?! are you freaking kidding me? Please renew your VY Hatership card, k? Leinart better than Young last year? Cmon now. Maybe for a fantasy geek. While you are at it please renew your Bush Hatership card as well. Bush wasn't Pro Bowl last year, much less HOF like ESPN totes him as, but he had a damn good year helping the Saints go from 2-14 to the NFC Championship Game.

'he inspires everyone to sleep in their own bed'. When you repeated that back to yourself in your mind, did you actually think that was funny or witty? Young hasn't had the greatest offseason (nor have the Titans) but to slam someone for sleeping is just laughable. He was disciplined but VY Hater must bring that up like its some sort of VY Kryptonite.

Carr lack of talent around him? What lack of talent? Same OL and I wonder why the OL looks 100% better. Maybe its because Carr was a big poosy and no one wanted to go to war with him and Carr had horrible pocket presence. The lack of talent argument doesnt hold water over a 5 year period....well at least it doesnt hold water for anyone with a brain and the ability to be objective and formulate an honest opinion not poisoned with college allegiances or plain old jealousy.

In summation, VY may have a tough year due to his own problems and some of the problems with his team. But to argue that VY didn't have a good year last year and didn't deserve OROY is just insane and outs you as a hater, Aggie and/or Horn hater.
First let me start out by saying you should probably stop with the brainless stuff due to the fact that you talk out of your keaster more than anyone on this board. I think we have talked about this before.

Now let me get down to the meat and potatoes of my point.

Marques Colston as a seventh round draft pick caught 70 balls for 1038 yards for 14.8 yards a catch and eight touchdowns. Colston a number 2 rookie receiver out performed and produced more than A.J. last year.

Leinart is a better QB. Did you watch any of the game yesterday? He reads coverage, makes quick decisions, is calm in the pocket, and has pin point accuracy. The same thing he did last year as a rookie. You didn't happen to notice any of that yesterday did you? There are reasons why Leinart won two national championships and the heisman.

The Carr lack of talent ref was all the people who said Carr was good but did not have any talent around him and that it was all the coaching. Kinda sounds like all you Young lovers. In fact, the next time you use an excuse as to why Young is failing ask yourself if this was the same excuse the Carr lovers where using. Cus the lack of talent is one of them. In fact, the Elway stat I used to use in favor of Carr and Vinny used to shoot me down. Funny how I am seeing it used in the same manor in favor of Young.

My other point is you cant keep quoting stats that support your point and then flame stats that knock you down. Make up your mind.

And I am not hating on Bush, but seriously, who hypes a bench player? He is not a starter! He is not the best running back or the best player on his team. Who cares about Reggie friggin Bush.

Young sleeping in his own bed and breaking team rules is just the first sign that Young has bought into his own hype.

I don't even really consider myself as a Hater, you play like Joey Harrington then you deserve to be called Joey Harrington.

Now if this were Rugby, he is the man. But its not, its the NFL and if you cant throw the ball and your a QB.....................draw your own conclusions.

You Young lovers are worse than the Carr lovers. At least we could use the excuse he was a Texan, but to have a man crush on a guy who plays for your division................................
__________________
I am in an abusive relationship with life and I am to cowardly to leave it. - Homer Simpson.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #39
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,172
Rep Power: 52945 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

How can any Texan fan want Vince Young to succeed? If it is because of what he did for UT, I have a news flash, he no longer plays for the Horns. Root for Colt McCoy now, not VY. VY succeeding means Bud Adams succeeding and the Texans failing. How can you root for that?

Hey, I was one of the most vocal about wanting the Texans to draft the guy, but I would rather be proven wrong by having the Titans losing and the Texans winning instead of just having the right to say "I told you so". I was right about Carr and that is enough "I told you so" for me.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #40
gg no re
iggnorent
 
gg no re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 28
Posts: 4,778
Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Personally I'd try to support VY because he is to Bud Adams as Anakin Skywalker is to Senator Palpatine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Zone
And btw, though I could care less who Avril is doing or who she marries, I love her voice and her music.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger