Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2007   #41
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Houston . . we have a quarterback!!!

I am really excited about Schuab though.

I laughed when those guys were being interviewed they took subliminal shots at Carr.

Pitts said something like "Its good to have a QB that makes you look good..."

Oh man, I feel sorry for Carr. I know the word probably reaches him when a teammate says something like that.

Than Dunta says "Yeah we finally get to get some rest..."

Poor Carr
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #42
barberman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
It's hard to say how much of an upgrade Schaub is because Carr didn't get the kind of protection that Schaub is getting right now.

Sincerely,

Hulk 75
Come on man get over it, those days are dead and gone, I for one am tired of people moaning about Carr and the O-line. In case you havent noticed its the same line that blocked for Carr last year.
barberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #43
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barberman View Post
Come on man get over it, those days are dead and gone, I for one am tired of people moaning about Carr and the O-line. In case you havent noticed its the same line that blocked for Carr last year.
That was meant to be sarcasm....

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #44
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
hulk is not hookem...

you had to be around when he hulk was still here to understand his post
Old 08-18-2007   #45
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Watching Schaub (Sage,too) work the pocket/pressure is a thing of beauty, something we never ever saw from what's his name. And, yes, both had pressure all around them at time including in their face and never flinched, let a lone go fetal.

It's humorus that some posters just have to find 'something' to dig at with Schaub, and that's OK--he's only going to get better...must admit,though, why don't you compare his faults to DC's...

Last edited by tsip; 08-18-2007 at 09:08 PM.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #46
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr threw for 111 yards in his game. Carolina is probably happy with their acquisition.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #47
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
Carr threw for 111 yards in his game. Carolina is probably happy with their acquisition.
Good for him!

Success and failure are funny things. Success tends to grow with success and failure with failure.

Carr knew nothing but failure here and could never break his cycle. Aparently, the change of scenery has done him a lot of good.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2007   #48
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 25997 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt looks so bold there in the pocket. I love the vibe with him on the field, more than our last QB (who did well in his game today surprisingly).
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #49
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post

I don't think David is bad to the point where he can't have good games against second team defenses.
Old 08-19-2007   #50
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I don't know how long Schaub is going to play the rest of the game, but I've seen enough.

To those of you who poo-pooed the trade with Atlanta, I give you the floor.
well, thank God it happened b4 the M. Vick dog fight stuff came out or we'd be Schaub-less.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #51
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I agree Schaub looked really good. He never got in the fetal position either.
I miss the fetal position, it was so comforting...
Old 08-19-2007   #52
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't think David is bad to the point where he can't have good games against second team defenses.
Don't forget the 3rd team also.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #53
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, Schaub did look good, no doubt about that. However, some questions for yall.

How much better did Schaub look than Sage? Was it worth two 2nd round picks to have two good QBs that can (both) start and run this team? Or would it have been better to start Sage and use the two 2nd round picks on something else?

Just for the record, these are honest questions as I am thinking my Schaub bashing is coming to a close. If he has another good performance against Dallas, I shall be in the Schaub camp then. Even though I would probably still prefer to have Sage start and use the picks for something else, Schaub is looking like the real deal.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #54
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yes, Schaub did look good, no doubt about that. However, some questions for yall.

How much better did Schaub look than Sage? Was it worth two 2nd round picks to have two good QBs that can (both) start and run this team? Or would it have been better to start Sage and use the two 2nd round picks on something else?

Just for the record, these are honest questions as I am thinking my Schaub bashing is coming to a close. If he has another good performance against Dallas, I shall be in the Schaub camp then. Even though I would probably still prefer to have Sage start and use the picks for something else, Schaub is looking like the real deal.
What is with people liking Sage as a starter? I just don't get it. HE COULDN'T BEAT OUT JAY FIEDLER!!! He is Cody Carlson. A great backup. A great "rally the troops" kind of guy but he CAN'T make all the throws. He doesn't have an NFL arm, and his accuracy is suspect at best.

Sage is doing it against backups. Schaub is doing it against the starters. There's not much film on him for a reason. He had FOUR YEARS to supplant Jay Fiedler. Schaub was playing behind a, granted over rated, Mike Vick. But Atlanta had to play Vick, he was the proverbial "face of the franchise". That's why he, in 3 years, hasn't amassed a wealth of stats.

Everyone you hear about raves about Schaub. Not the media, real football talent. He is Sage with an NFL arm. That is what costs two picks.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #55
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Jury is still out...

Travis Johnson had an excellent game...

Wow! I never thought I'd see that in print! And what's great about it is, it's true! I hope he can keep it up, and I hope the rest of the D-linemen will start getting their act together too. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #56
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
What is with people liking Sage as a starter? I just don't get it. HE COULDN'T BEAT OUT JAY FIEDLER!!! He is Cody Carlson. A great backup. A great "rally the troops" kind of guy but he CAN'T make all the throws. He doesn't have an NFL arm, and his accuracy is suspect at best.
I see your point but I'm not sure I agree completely. It seems, at least for the QB-job, that there are alot of team politics involved in the decision-making. A head coach invests (and risks) his position on a young and upcoming QB that has the opportunity to become something great, but at the same time could be a complete flop. It's a risky investment but I at least feel that sometimes a head coach will chance on the young unproven player instead of the 'old news backup qb'.

Simply put, there's more prestige in finding the diamond in the rough than going with the so-so backup. That does not mean that the backup is no good though.
Old 08-19-2007   #57
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Well, before, conceding that Sage is a good NFL quarterback, we only had one good one before the Schaub trade. Is it worth a couple of second round picks to get another good NFL quarterback? Considering that it's likely that Schaub will not play every game this season due to injury, that should answer your question right there.

And considering what has taken place since the trade, do you think Atlanta would be more than willing give back a LOT more than a couple of seconds to get him back? We could probably get a couple of firsts . . . and I wouldn't take them.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #58
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I see your point but I'm not sure I agree completely. It seems, at least for the QB-job, that there are alot of team politics involved in the decision-making. A head coach invests (and risks) his position on a young and upcoming QB that has the opportunity to become something great, but at the same time could be a complete flop. It's a risky investment but I at least feel that sometimes a head coach will chance on the young unproven player instead of the 'old news backup qb'.

Simply put, there's more prestige in finding the diamond in the rough than going with the so-so backup. That does not mean that the backup is no good though.
Now your reaching. Look.

Kubiak and Smith are proving themselves to be great evaluators of talent. I really believe that if they thought Rosenfels could get it done as a starter, Schaub would be starting for Atlanta now. They did what they had to do to help this football team. They haven't been here long enough for a political pecking order to develop.

I'm glad we have Sage. I really am. If something happens to Schaub, Sage can tide us over for a while. However, he is a backup QB in the NFL. Take it for what it is.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #59
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Not only am I happy, but it seems the team is happy.
Yeah, looks like a heckuva of an offense we are building. After 5 years of being in the NFL we have an offense that belongs.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #60
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pitts wasn't even in there either. Hookem was being sarcastic.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read