Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2007   #21
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston . . we have a quarterback!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex King View Post
Logically, the D should be better this year. And the D was pretty respectable the last half of the season. Who did we lose (besides Earl now) in the offseason?
I obviously hope I am wrong about the D, but the preseason is telling me different. Time will tell.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I was feeling a little nausious seeing #8 run out onto the field before kickoff. You can clearly see this is a different #8. You can sense a confidence about the offense. Things are looking very good for us. The future is brighter than ever before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #23
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston, we have 2 QBs!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #24
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I obviously hope I am wrong about the D, but the preseason is telling me different. Time will tell.
I know what you mean. I'm trying to comfort myself with logic until the season starts.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a BEAUTIFUL TD pass by Sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #26
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

woooohooo we have a qb!

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #27
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Schaub clearly has more poise in the pocket but his throws haven't wowed me. It's also my recollection that Carr looked good in the preseason last year and especially early on. I'm not suggesting the two quarterbacks are the same or even similar but I reserve the right to remain unimpressed so far.
Old 08-18-2007   #28
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Houston, we have 2 QBs!!!
True and in the NFL, that is a great thing to have.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #29
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I was one of the folks who was less then supportive of the trade for Schuab simply because I thought Rosenfels diserved a shot at being a starter and I thought two 2nd rounders was too much for an unproven QB. Basically, I thought Schuab had a lot to live up too.

At this point, I'd say we have two QBs who could start for a lot of NFL teams right now. Schuab looked very very good and so did Rosenfels.

We've gone from QB poor to QB rich!!!
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #30
real

Quote:
Those missed 1st round D line picks are going to cost dearly.
Jury is still out...

Travis Johnson had an excellent game...
Old 08-18-2007   #31
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

I think crowning him kind schuab is a little premature. I want to see him week 1 of the regular season. Im not saying he hasn't looked good...in fact i havent even watched him in pre-season yet, but if he delivers like i hear he has in the regular season i'll order a biggie size of kool aid
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #32
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Schaub clearly has more poise in the pocket but his throws haven't wowed me. It's also my recollection that Carr looked good in the preseason last year and especially early on. I'm not suggesting the two quarterbacks are the same or even similar but I reserve the right to remain unimpressed so far.
Carr didn't look good in the pre-season last year...

Maybe we were watching two different games...

Last year I saw a guy who threw a lot of short mechanical passes, and looked jittery in the pocket, with a strong arm, and good speed...yes in the pre-season....

This year I see a guy who is calm, knows the offense, has good footwork, uses his eyes well and can make every throw with upper echelon accuracy...

Yeah, we had to have been watching two different games...
Old 08-18-2007   #33
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have the same feeling. I also noticed Okoye getting manhandled a bit on some of the running plays especially. I think Dunta looks pretty hungry to me so far, he has done well getting to the ball and with open field tackles. Just needs to get a few turnovers. I am sure this will be posted elsewhere, but aside from Schaub, Jacoby is really impressing me.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #34
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex King View Post
I know what you mean. I'm trying to comfort myself with logic until the season starts.
we havent blitzed much yet?? still not much consolation though
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #35
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Last preseason, Carr looked better than he had looked in the previous season... but he didn't look good. He had 0 TD's and 1 pick and was sacked 3 times. Sage looked much, much better in the preseason last year than DC did and that didn't help quell the "Start Sage" push at the start of the year.

I think Schaub has looked much better so far this preseason than Carr did last preseason. But he doesn't have the strongest arm and he's not the greatest QB in the world. But I think he's definitely an upgrade. I think he's a bigger, stronger Pennington.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #36
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Matt looked good, but so did every other QB that got in the game....on both sides. Next week will be a better barometer I think. Walter juked that cb out of his shorts but was standing there waiting on the ball too long. Possibly could have been a TD if he was hit in stride. Overall though, I liked what I saw.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #37
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
Matt looked good, but so did every other QB that got in the game....on both sides. Next week will be a better barometer I think. Walter juked that cb out of his shorts but was standing there waiting on the ball too long. Possibly could have been a TD if he was hit in stride. Overall though, I liked what I saw.
This is getting ridiculous. It was a good thrown ball.

"could have been a better thrown ball" ? Give me a break....If Carr had made that throw it would have been a highlight in his career....Even all of Peyton Manning's throws aren't perfect...

You can delay the inevitable all you want but at some point you're gonna have to realize the guy has skills and is a good QB.

But hey, maybe it'll take a superbowl for you to finally wise up.
Old 08-18-2007   #38
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
Walter juked that cb out of his shorts but was standing there waiting on the ball too long. Possibly could have been a TD if he was hit in stride.
Its a minor point, but that wasn't the only pass Schuab under threw.

It probably won't make a difference, many of the best QBs ever didn't have strong arms. Montana comes to mind. Very very accurate, but didn't have the strongest arm.

Playing QB is about making the right decision with the ball. Something Schuab & Rosenfels do very well.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #39
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

"could have been a better thrown ball" ? Give me a break....If Carr had made that throw it would have been a highlight in his career....Even all of Peyton Manning's throws aren't perfect...

You can delay the inevitable all you want but at some point you're gonna have to realize the guy has skills and is a good QB.

He is still a little impatient and keeping the throws close to the vest (not down field ) .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #40
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

Where did I say he did'nt have skills? Where did I say he is'nt a good QB? LoL...Im his biggest fan. Why bring Carr into this?....Meh, carry on.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read