Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Which one?
NFL 1 14.29%
NHL 3 42.86%
About the same 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL vs NHL - Which one is the most brutal game?

kinda long video, but some vicious hits from the NFL

and I wasn't sure which forum this really could go into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnwYh...elated&search=
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL vs NHL - Which one is the most brutal game?

got some earl. which we have seen

xtruroyaltyx's video and the one where earl got hit but still got in for a TD
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that hit at the goal line was with Jack Tatum... It looked liked they both got knocked into next week....
Old 08-17-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Warning... video is graphic.

This goalie gets his neck cut by a skate's blade and nearly died.... Goalie gets cut

Because of this incident alone, hockey is more brutal to me.
Old 08-17-2007   #5
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

100+ MPH frozen pucks flying at you ... nuff said.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Warning... video is graphic.

This goalie gets his neck cut by a skate's blade and nearly died.... Goalie gets cut

Because of this incident alone, hockey is more brutal to me.
Joe Theiszzzzzman's leg getting snapped like a twig is one of the most disturbing things i've seen.

i've also seen the video of that goalie getting his jugular cut & i have to say that i think they are about the same to me.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Joe Theiszzzzzman's leg getting snapped like a twig is one of the most disturbing things i've seen.

i've also seen the video of that goalie getting his jugular cut & i have to say that i think they are about the same to me.
Watching someone nearly die in front of you by getting their throat sliced is waaaaaay worse (IMHO) than Theeeesman getting his leg snapped...

near death v. leg surgery....... not really apples to apples (to me).
Old 08-17-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Watching someone nearly die in front of you by getting their throat sliced is waaaaaay worse (IMHO) than Theeeesman getting his leg snapped...

near death v. leg surgery....... not really apples to apples (to me).
Thats one freak injury. How many throats do you see get cut in NHL?

How many legs do you see get broken in the NFL. Hell even necks get broken in the NFL, in the NHL that only happens when some Ahole jumps on your back and cheap shots you.

The NHL has some absolute brutal hits, but the amount of contact and injury is way higher in the NFL.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I think Youtube took it down, because I cant find it where a guy got checked from behind. His helmet came off and he hit the back of his head on the ice... Which in turn caused him to swallow his tongue..... His team mate had to use his fingers to clear it...

But generally speaking, I agree with Carr Bomb.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read