Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Biggest improvement you want on Sat?

Other than winning, what is the biggest improvement you want out of one of the units on our team?

I think our offense needs to score tds in the redzone. There is no reason to not make the most of all of our opportunities we had last week, so if the starting O can produce some tds in the redzone I will be happy.
Old 08-17-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Biggest improvement you want on Sat?

i do not want to see van pelt on the field as qb. that'll be improvement enough.
Old 08-17-2007   #3
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

I want Mario to show some real effort, and for our RB's to rack up some yardage.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Running game and pass rush.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Other than winning, what is the biggest improvement you want out of one of the units on our team?

I think our offense needs to score tds in the redzone. There is no reason to not make the most of all of our opportunities we had last week, so if the starting O can produce some tds in the redzone I will be happy.
I want the first team offense to score a TD.Actually maybe 2. On first team defense I want to see a couple of sacks and tons of pressure.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #6
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 89950 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageFerguson View Post
i do not want to see van pelt on the field as qb. that'll be improvement enough.
lol

I agree with you Joker, I would love to see them make the most of their oppurtunities. That has always been a sore spot for this team.
Old 08-17-2007   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Running game and pass rush.
I didn't mention the run game. I would like Green to be more productive. More touches should do him good.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2007   #8
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Offense: Move the ball a little bit better, especially on the ground.

Defense: Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

In agreement with the other posts.

In addition, I want to see the defense as a whole dominate the opponent. Not only the pass rush, I want the run stuffed, the passes knocked down or picked and the overall physicality to be extreme. Every defender attacking the ball!

That would be my perfect world.
Old 08-17-2007   #10
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Offensively: I want to see holes open up for the run game and a solid pocket for the passing game. I don't doubt the abilities of Ahman and Schaub, I am still hoping that our o-line can be consistent in pass protection and opening some gaps.

Defensively: I want to see pass rushing like everyone else but what I am hoping for is that on the occasions that the rush isn't successful, our secondary maintains coverage.

My$0.02

Side Note: In Madden 08 I dangled a 3rd round pick to see if anyone would bite and San Diego offered up Quentin Jammer... anyone have Rick Smith's phone number?
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The thing that disgusted me most is that we had the ball on the 4 yard line and couldn't put it in the endzone after 3 consecutive runs.

I was expecting 3 consecutive runs because I knew that Kubes didn't want to show his real plays, but I was also thinking he wanted to see if the ol could generate a push...guess not

Lets get a td when that happens Saturday!!!
Old 08-17-2007   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
The thing that disgusted me most is that we had the ball on the 4 yard line and couldn't put it in the endzone after 3 consecutive runs.

I was expecting 3 consecutive runs because I knew that Kubes didn't want to show his real plays, but I was also thinking he wanted to see if the ol could generate a push...guess not

Lets get a td when that happens Saturday!!!
We had the wrong RB in at the time. Green would've gotten the ball in somehow.
Old 08-17-2007   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

need better rushing
need to display better hands in the passing game
need to show some semblance of a pass rush especially by Mariblow.
Old 08-17-2007   #14
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

running game for sure

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see the D-Line get to the QB without a blitz. I want to see the secondary do well against Bouldin and Fitzgerald

offensively... redzone offense needs to improve and i'd like to see more rollouts

I'd like to see us continue to use the TE's in the game plan
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see the opposing QB pressured by our defensive financial institution. I want to see A running back cross the end zone with the ball. I want to see Schaub hook up with Mathis on a 20 + pass. I want to see a CB (other than DR) or a free safety make an interception. I want to see Jordan Black knock his man on his butt on a pass play. I want to see Cochran play hard and not get a penalty. I want to see Dayne get 4 + yards on two carries in a row. I want to see Gado and Green get at least one run for 8 yards or better. I want to see Hodgdon making plays that Kubes will rave about Sunday. I want to see Travis Johnson grab a RB and pancake him for no gain. I want to see Lundy take one to the house. I want to see a Charles Stanley (much younger than Turk) dominate with his punting. I want to see Walter look like a #2.
Old 08-17-2007   #17
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Must improve on redzone oppurtunities.

Would like JJ to make a good impression starting.

Pash rush.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #18
real

I want to see if Jones can continue to shine..

I want to see D.rob start to assert himself while going up against two of the leauges best....

I want to see Schaub continue to stay poised...

And I want to see Luigi play with more energy....
Old 08-17-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see a mean streak in our D, even in the pre-season. A pass rush and a turnover or three would be cool.

As far as offense, continue to protect Schaub with no sacks and more time in the pocket to see what this WCO is capable of with our current starters. Move the ball down the field like you're supposed to do.
Old 08-17-2007   #20
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

QB pressure from the front four and I’m a happy man.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read