Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2007   #1
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub, a Bad---???

An old news story about Schaub I found that, quite frankly, I found very encouraging. I would think there is some truth to the allegation, which brings me to my encouragement.

The Quarterback needs to have an 'air' about him. The 'air' I'm talking about is the kind you would see from your older brother as you walk through a dangerous section of the neighborhood. The kind of 'air' you would see from a General (Patton) who's about to lead you into battle. The kind of 'air' that an offensive unit would get 'inspired' to protect, no matter what the odds against it is.

I could never see Carr being the kind of guy who would get up from a sack or cheap shot MAD, not the normal mad, but the kind of mad that gets results. The mad I'm talking about is the kind of 'mad' that DRIVES you to be better. The kind of 'mad' that the rest of the team notices and gets inspired from.

Time will tell.

Acquitted: It's Schaub, not Schwab

Former UVA star quarterback Matt Schaub, now a back-up quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons, was back in town last fall for the Maryland game. He quaffed a couple of beers with his football player buddies before heading to the Buffalo Wing Factory on Elliewood Avenue for a few more rounds.

That same night, November 4, second-year Mark Schottinger and his Dillard dorm buddies quaffed a few 40s and watched The OC before heading to the Buffalo Wing Factory for another pitcher or two.

By early morning of November 5, Schottinger had filed a complaint against Schaub, who turned himself in the following day to face misdemeanor assault and battery charges...(cont)
Old 08-17-2007   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub, a Bad---???

Original arrest article...

Old 08-17-2007   #3
real

LOL
Old 08-17-2007   #4
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

& that's encouraging how?

So he got a lil' tipsy & was ready to squab. That's what it's called "liquid courage" for.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

You see people, spell the man's name right. Or else.

I think you are disqualified to be called a bad--- if at any time in your life, you admit to watching the OC with your buddies. (he said that in a Texans video).

The season needs to start.
Old 08-17-2007   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schottinger accused Schaub, 23, of slapping him, putting him a headlock, and punching him.
I bet the fool never messes with Schaub again.
Old 08-17-2007   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I think you are disqualified to be called a bad--- if at any time in your life, you admit to watching the OC with your buddies. (he said that in a Texans video).
This woman is correct.
Old 08-17-2007   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It was in his video that first pre-season game and I thought the same thing....get ready to get ragged on Mr. OC. Of course I watched Melrose in law school and am still pretty cool....
Old 08-17-2007   #9
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll just email him an episode of the OC and send him a 6-pack and he'll be ready on Sundays!
Old 08-17-2007   #10
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

So he got a lil' tipsy & was ready to squab. That's what it's called "liquid courage" for.
No.

The article states that in spite of having 6 to 8 beers, Mr. Schaub made several actions to AVOID a confrontation. That demonstrates maturity and common sense, in spite of being tipsy.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
No.

The article states that in spite of having 6 to 8 beers, Mr. Schaub made several actions to AVOID a confrontation. That demonstrates maturity and common sense, in spite of being tipsy.
and if that doesn't work, he can slap the hell out of you!
Old 08-17-2007   #12
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
and if that doesn't work, he can slap the hell out of you!
That, or put you in a headlock and force you to watch The O.C.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #13
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

I don't know about you but back when I drank, it took ALOT more than 6 or 8 beers to get me a "lil' tipsy"...and I'm just 6'-1". Schaub's alot bigger than I.

I too, cannot wait till the games count and all the speculation can be put to rest.
Old 08-17-2007   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

What is OC???
Old 08-17-2007   #15
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:

Maybe it takes a certain 'type' of bad--- to admit to something like that.
Old 08-17-2007   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
Maybe it takes a certain 'type' of bad--- to admit to something like that.
Soo..I guess you watched the OC.
Old 08-17-2007   #17
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Soo..I guess you watched the OC.
Hahahahaha...I don't watch TV, except for Texans games.

Actually, I had to ask my wife what the OC was. But I would admit to watching it if I did.
Old 08-17-2007   #18
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
What is OC???

A Fox Primetime "Soap Opera" short for Orange County.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Watch the OC???

Heck yeah... I love the way the Tuetels fight back and forth.
Old 08-17-2007   #20
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I spotted Schaub a few weeks ago at RA with a few buddies downing a few cold ones. No bar fights ensued and the man was just sippin on some cold ones enjoying his day. I don't know about anyone else.... but I prefer my QB to be able to down a few beers and hang out with the guys rather than lock himself at home with his family every night.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read